Is your interest in watching tour golf dead?

I'll watch the Majors. I was fortunate enough to caddy for one of the rookies on the Epson Tour this past year when they were in Eastern NC. After being around those ladies, I have been watching more LPGA events. Their swings are so smooth. Looking forward to watching more of them in 2024. Easier to relate to for some reason.

It's waned.
Most of my favorites to watch went to LIV, so I watch a bit of that on YT.
I also like to watch the LPGA, mainly because I learn more about how I should play a course from the women.
But the biggest issue for me with watching the PGAT is the commercials and the "playing through" BS. It's just become nearly unwatchable!
Utube is Number one on my TV 📺 in fact I’m watching the final round of the CPKC LPGA which is done in 2.5 hours 😏 this video was only posted 17 hours ago not much to do outside bc it’s heavy rain ☔️. I still get LIV on utube bc I’m in NZ and we don’t get access to USA 📺 😝 When I lived in Sydney Rupert Murdock controlled what 🙀 sports was on tv and he dictated what the commentators said about anything sports politics you name it he was in total control as was Kerry Packer in particular with Cricket but to be fair he made Cricket in Australia and probably around the world what it is today…

I am still a pro golf fan, but my interest has waned over the past year. I have zero interest in LIV and can't figure out what the PGA Tour is trying to accomplish. Starting with the HI events, I will keep following the PGA Tour, hoping for the best.

My interest in LPGA has never been stronger.

I don't watch anywhere near as much golf as I used to. The television coverage of the U.S. PGA Tour is terrible. There is too much talking, too much focus on just the "elites" in the game and the leaders. If you've got a favorite golfer because maybe you met him, or he is from your hometown, you'll never get to see him unless he is in one of those two categories. I could understand following every shot of Tiger when he was the GOAT and playing like one, but do we really need to see every shot of his at the expense of seeing other golfers and other shots at his current level of play?

I'll tune in for the Majors, but outside of that I'm out this year. When they have all this nonsense sorted I will give it another go. Till then I have better things to do with my time.

Which sucks because I freaking love golf and watching.

Definitely yes for me, I don’t do drama well and right now with this feud going on and seeing some of these guys b*tch about money, really makes me want to just turn it off

It's on life support.

If all tour golf is going to be is the tribal squabbling between LIV and the PGA Tour, I'm out.

I catch the highlight reels on Youtube.

I still very much enjoy watching the LPGA tour. I’ve gone to a couple of those events and I’m hooked.

The guys, not so much. Not sure if it’s the “drama” in the men’s game or the commercials or what, but it just bores the hell out of me. I think it needs another dominant player to come along for me to either like or hate enough to become interested.

Watching more than in a long time. Have easier access than I have in recent past.

I’ll be honest a few years ago I watched like every event. Now I’ve maybe seen maybe 5 mins total of tour golf. Maybe 15 with 10 of that being DP early morning. My interest is just shot.

It’s not simply a talent or two tours issue. I think for me it died around the time I heard certain golfers going on about their money or some of the richest ones talking as though they were struggling to survive and needed more money that just killed it. Those total detached from reality views just ended any interest tbh.
Had this discussion with some friends after a round Saturday. I really could care less. The product (on television not the quality of golf) along with all the money complaints has me done. I could really care less. Like you I was diehard. I would watch the replay on golf channel Thu/Fri nights and then as much as I could watch on the weekends.

Now I really don't have any interest and not sure if that will change when the majors come.

I have lost a lot of interest. The LIV stuff is boring and annoying.

We do golf picks each week for most tournaments with 40 guys. I watch as much as I can (hoping one of my guys is in contention) so that I know who's playing well. This keeps it fun and interesting. I don't really watch and follow other sports all that much anymore so I usually have golf on if I'm watching something other than a movie or show. I'm also all in on following Ludvig Aberg so I'll be watching to see him play.

I watch a lot less now than years past for sure, but I think part of it is the Tiger effect, he really made the events fun because of who he is, and the overall draw of the modern players is not so hot, maybe if everyone was together again I would watch more, the fracturing has not helped, but that's a big maybe at this point.

Last edited:
I'll watch certain events where I like the course (Pebble, LA, Players) and the majors. Less of other events since LIV has diluted the fields. Venues like the Phoenix with the Par 3 with the stands dont do much for me. I think the Higgs fiasco where he took off his shirt was the clincher

Venues like the Phoenix with the Par 3 with the stands dont do much for me. I think the Higgs fiasco where he took off his shirt was the clincher
Yeah I tend to agree 👆🏻 … I remember Sam Ryder (maybe the same year) hitting the ace and all the bottles and what not being thrown I was thinking wow what happens if/when they strike a player or caddie or whoever … I do like the overall tourney though… but I guess being 50 now I tend to lean more toward the reserve side when it comes to excitement in Golf… not against those who do though ….

I was a huge auto racing fan back in the day and the the PGA-LIV split reminded me of the old CART/Indycar split back in the day. It was almost the same dynamics. A breakoff group, squabbling over money, hurt feelings, insults - then they get back together and whole thing felt junky and awkward.

Like a lot of others, my interest in the PGA is way down. I'll catch the majors...maybe what's happening on Sunday- but not really dialed into what's going on week to week.

And like many others have said, I enjoy watching the LPGA more these days. I have YouTube TV set up to tape all LPGA events and stopped taping all PGA events. If I just want to watch something in the background during the week, that's what'll put on. Even though their games are light years beyond anything I can do, it's more relatable golf to watch the PGA. I went to the local LPGA even a couple of years ago and vibe was great. The players seemed friendly and appreciative rather than dismissive of the gallery.

I would watch more often if instead of only showing down-the-line perspective they showed face-on-views of the Tour pro swings. Also, I would prefer rotating color commentators in the tower , so that viewers could hear from former greats such as Watson, Floyd, Trevino, Zoeller etc...

Apart from my earlier answer, I find watching golf very relaxing. Just seeing the weather in Hawaii during the grey winter here is really nice too.

It's actually picking back up lately. YouTube has got me interested in some of the influencers playing like Arkshay, Satith and Wesley. Even thought I think he is limited.

Pretty much. I watch the LPGA to keep up with my favorites, and because I see them every year at the tournament in Portland, but the PGA has gotten boring.

I’m loving watching the golf in Dubai, found a Livestream by accident (not a word) and I’ve watched Rory Foxy and their group. Foxy is rusty but too fat still from Xmas 🎅 celebrations, first time in a age I’ve watched 4 or more hours of golf at one sitting and I’ve enjoyed it because of the commentary teams from the UK 😎 maybe it’s the different accents but I’m hoping more turn up for free 🙏

After PGA sold out to LIV after being untruthful about their plans to the membership, I have not watched a full hour of golf since.

I'm watching now, so I'd say that's a no.

Back