January Fitness Challenge

Down 8 lbs since after Christmas. Pretty happy so far. Gotta keep it going. Targeting 20 lbs.

I think I might have my weekend eating routine down. Big breakfast (omelet, hashbrowns) then light lunch (yesterday I had a protein shake that is mostly protein with very little carbs) then 1 day I can cheat for dinner. Had pizza last night and today I was still down 2 lbs from last weeks weigh in.

Same thing for a later breakfast today, but then wasn't even hungry for lunch. Had my normal dinner (6-7oz of fresh cooked meat, 3-5 oz of cooked veggies, usually asparagus and 8oz of salad and I am ready for bed. Walked 18 yesterday, got a good lift in today plus some superspeed training this morning made it overall a great weekend for me.

If a worthless sack like me can keep progressing you adonises can too!

Down 8 lbs since after Christmas. Pretty happy so far. Gotta keep it going. Targeting 20 lbs.
Good job. You will be there in no time.

I think I might have my weekend eating routine down. Big breakfast (omelet, hashbrowns) then light lunch (yesterday I had a protein shake that is mostly protein with very little carbs) then 1 day I can cheat for dinner. Had pizza last night and today I was still down 2 lbs from last weeks weigh in.

Same thing for a later breakfast today, but then wasn't even hungry for lunch. Had my normal dinner (6-7oz of fresh cooked meat, 3-5 oz of cooked veggies, usually asparagus and 8oz of salad and I am ready for bed. Walked 18 yesterday, got a good lift in today plus some superspeed training this morning made it overall a great weekend for me.

If a worthless sack like me can keep progressing you adonises can too!
Great effort and results. I keep healthy snacks around in case I get hungry. Carrots and dried fruit and such.

Last edited:
Rough weekend for me. Got to get back on it tomorrow.

We all need days to have a normal life. Working out is about consistency. My program is 4 days a week. The other days are optional and for golf or practice. Keep consistent and the results will come. It’s about the long haul.

Great effort and results. I keep healthy snacks around in case I get hungry. Carrots and dried fruit and such.

Oh yeah, I have mentioned it in another post but I have tried to be very specific about when I will good food shopping. I have learned my laziness can be my friend, if I don't have crap food in the house, I won't eat it. So going when I am not hungry, shortly after working out keeps me from buying that stuff. Celery with some peanut butter works for my purposes and I enjoy eating it.

Oh yeah, I have mentioned it in another post but I have tried to be very specific about when I will good food shopping. I have learned my laziness can be my friend, if I don't have crap food in the house, I won't eat it. So going when I am not hungry, shortly after working out keeps me from buying that stuff. Celery with some peanut butter works for my purposes and I enjoy eating it.
Seems like I want healthy food when I’ve been working out. Poor quality snacks and fast food just don’t seem as appealing. Work is my toughest time because I am to lazy to make a lunch.

I'm a little late to this...Some family members are using the Noom app to reach their goals. I'm back to using MyFitnessPal and trying to get myself in order. I'd like to lose 45lbs by mid summer. I've done it before, I can do it again. My doc gave me a few goals for the good of my health...I'm a tall guy and it is easy to pack it on over the holidays.

How did everyone’s weekend go? I splurge a little bit on breakfast this morning, I had some biscuits and gravy. My first departure from my diet since I started 3 weeks ago. It was delicious. Got in a couple good workouts in too. 18 straight days of hitting my goal.
I cheat every Chiefs playoff game. Over the years, that hasn’t been a problem. Then I decide to lose weight and they go on a run?! I weigh tomorrow and just hoping for a loss of some kinds

I cheat every Chiefs playoff game. Over the years, that hasn’t been a problem. Then I decide to lose weight and they go on a run?! I weigh tomorrow and just hoping for a loss of some kinds
Have a cheat day! You deserve it. Thankfully you have 2 weeks to kick ass before the big game!

January is still going well and this week’s weigh in made up for last. So my modest goal of 2 pounds per week is still going well and I have dropped 9 pounds since 1/2/20. The only change has been watching calories and more walking.

Been horrible at remembering to post in here, but the month is still going strong. Making sure I get at least a quick ride in to break a sweat and keep building those leg muscles back up. Won't be able to tonight as I'm heading out of town, but snowboarding will be the workout of choice over the next weekend

So far a solid week, took Monday off as I didn't sleep sunday night, but superspeed and lifting Sunday, lifting Tue/Thu, superspeed and cardio wed/friday then walking 18 holes tomorrow before doing it all over again.

I will check weight again Sunday or monday and we will see how things are going but I am happy with the month so far.

January is still going well and this week’s weigh in made up for last. So my modest goal of 2 pounds per week is still going well and I have dropped 9 pounds since 1/2/20. The only change has been watching calories and more walking.

Nice! This has been a lost month for me. I finally hit the rowing machine today for my first actual workout this month. 2500 m didn't seem too hard until I tried to stand up. I'm going to try to row at least a little every day from here on out.

Nice! This has been a lost month for me. I finally hit the rowing machine today for my first actual workout this month. 2500 m didn't seem too hard until I tried to stand up. I'm going to try to row at least a little every day from here on out.
I just try to do a little something every day this month. October-December were my lost months ;)

I just try to do a little something every day this month. October-December were my lost months ;)

It's time for me to get serious. My daughter is getting married in October & I want to get fit before then, and I want to help my wife lose weight (she want this more even than I do). We need to do a better job of supporting each other. I think we really need to do some kind of keto diet and/or intermittent fating routine.

It's time for me to get serious. My daughter is getting married in October & I want to get fit before then, and I want to help my wife lose weight (she want this more even than I do). We need to do a better job of supporting each other. I think we really need to do some kind of keto diet and/or intermittent fating routine.
It really helps when your spouse is supportive. I'm glad that my wife supports me even if she doesn't do it herself. I need to convince her to stop buying Oreos at BJs though...

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

The Girl Scouts and the cold got me this week. I’m getting back into it. 2 days in a row at the gym.

I dropped about 10 lbs from November to January and seem to have hit a plateau, but I have been lifting heavier on the legs and may have just gained some additional muscle (here's to hoping). I have been very consistent this month tough and am definitely feeling more energy. Getting to the gym is becoming more of a habit and is easier to do now. I was 4 days in the gym and one day at the course this week with only one day off.

Been to the gym 23 times this month, mostly to fill out a punch card to enter a giveaway from my center which required 20 visits.

I've had a rough start to January and am just finally feeling healthy enough to start working on taking better care of myself. I'm going to get back to getting on the treadmill daily and adding in some weights, now that I have some. I need to get down to about 200lbs, but it's going to take some time.

With Daddy daycare in full effect my trips to the gym have all but disappeared. I was able to go today and did 1.5 mile run and 500 meter swim. I felt really good afterward too.

Deposited 4.5 miles in the bank today. Its amazing how much easier it is to get out for a run when in Florida versus Ohio.

So far a solid week, took Monday off as I didn't sleep sunday night, but superspeed and lifting Sunday, lifting Tue/Thu, superspeed and cardio wed/friday then walking 18 holes tomorrow before doing it all over again.

I will check weight again Sunday or monday and we will see how things are going but I am happy with the month so far.
Hey Roger, I have heard nothing but good things about the Super Speed, are you seeing a increased Club Head speed?

Back