Journey to Break 85

Well, that doesn't sound like much fun at all.

It was fun up until the 8th tee. Still managed to get around in 87. I think I was dehydrated:beat-up::sick:

F;ing smilies are killing me

It was fun up until the 8th tee. Still managed to get around in 87. I think I was dehydrated:beat-up::sick:

F;ing smilies are killing me

I feel you buddy. This buzzard makes me pee a little each time I post.

I think it fits you perfect dude. Makes me laugh even more when I read your zings:laughing:

Hi.

I played a nine hole practice round and learned some things about my swing yesterday. Pretty cool stuff! Last time I played, I found that really concentrating on keeping my shoulders and arms connected in a V helped me with hitting the ball better. Well, yesterday I took that to the course, but I was hitting some monster draws. Otherwise known as playable hooks hehe. Ballflight off my driver was a bit lower, but it was going left. Same way with everything else. Long, mid ball flight, and a big draw.

That is until I figured out that I was really flattening out my swing with my takeaway. I concentrated on a little more upright takeaway and found a really nice middle ground. Small draw, higher ball, and still good distance. I liked that I thought to try something, did it, and it worked. I've really learned a lot about my swing this year and it's becoming easier to adjust based on my ballflight.

That sounds like a very pleasant revelation Hawk!

Hi.

I played a nine hole practice round and learned some things about my swing yesterday. Pretty cool stuff! Last time I played, I found that really concentrating on keeping my shoulders and arms connected in a V helped me with hitting the ball better. Well, yesterday I took that to the course, but I was hitting some monster draws. Otherwise known as playable hooks hehe. Ballflight off my driver was a bit lower, but it was going left. Same way with everything else. Long, mid ball flight, and a big draw.

That is until I figured out that I was really flattening out my swing with my takeaway. I concentrated on a little more upright takeaway and found a really nice middle ground. Small draw, higher ball, and still good distance. I liked that I thought to try something, did it, and it worked. I've really learned a lot about my swing this year and it's becoming easier to adjust based on my ballflight.

Dude thats awesome!!! You can self correct on the course. Thats huge! Great job dude. Seriously so cool to see you bringing it along like this.

Dude thats awesome!!! You can self correct on the course. Thats huge! Great job dude. Seriously so cool to see you bringing it along like this.

It's been a little bit of a revelation. Eariler this year, if I woke up with a slice that's just what I had to deal with. Same with the power draw. I've successfully battled out of both faults during a round and I feel like I understand how to fix them both. It's not going to be foolproof, but it's a good step forward.

I need some putts to start dropping and I think I'll be on my way.

Hi.

That's awesome buddy. Learning enough about your swing so that you can make minor corrections on the course is huge, and will definitely help your scores.

Hi Yahhcos.

Playing anywhere this weekend?

I'm going to play on Sunday and feel a decent round coming. Hoping the course is in ok shape as many of them got destroyed in July.

Hi Yahhcos.

I'm going to play on Sunday and feel a decent round coming. Hoping the course is in ok shape as many of them got destroyed in July.

Good luck Hawk. I'm playing today for the first time since the MC and I feel a good round coming today. I'm not going to call my shot though.

Good luck Hawk. I'm playing today for the first time since the MC and I feel a good round coming today. I'm not going to call my shot though.

I hope a good one is in the cards for you buddy.

I always say that I'm done with golf for awhile after I leave FL, but a few days later I'm on the course like you are going to be. Should be fun to get to play with your new irons some more.

Why doesn't Yahhcos ever come here anymore?

Hi Yahhcos.

ASU Karsten with some THP'ers!!!!!

Dude, I havent touched a club but its been for personal reasons. Im gonna try and get out to at least the range tonight.

Why doesn't Yahhcos ever come here anymore?

Sorry Hawk, I'm back. I swear. Just been a crapload going on and I'll elaborate more and some point. I love this thread and missed it. We have some of the best things going in here.

It's ok buddy.

A little THP gathering should be fun. I bet there are lots of pretty girls to look at there.

I hope a good one is in the cards for you buddy.

I always say that I'm done with golf for awhile after I leave FL, but a few days later I'm on the course like you are going to be. Should be fun to get to play with your new irons some more.

Thanks Hawk, I think since my bag has finally settled down, and I have my iron distance dialed in, that it will be good today, 79?!?!?!?!? Who knows?

ASU Karsten with some THP'ers!!!!!

Dude, I havent touched a club but its been for personal reasons. Im gonna try and get out to at least the range tonight.

Sorry Hawk, I'm back. I swear. Just been a crapload going on and I'll elaborate more and some point. I love this thread and missed it. We have some of the best things going in here.

I get it Yoccos, you should come play with me. I wont hug you....much.

I predict a 78 for the Coolbreeze today.

Yoccos, hope all is ok buddy!

It's ok buddy.

A little THP gathering should be fun. I bet there are lots of pretty girls to look at there.

Dude, usually... The Beverage Cart Operators are usually good too. I have to recap my Morgan Cup rounds.... They were great imo but I didnt score well. I need to start practicing my trouble shots from trees now that I seem to have a good graps on the approach and wedge shots.

Thanks Hawk, I think since my bag has finally settled down, and I have my iron distance dialed in, that it will be good today, 79?!?!?!?!? Who knows?

I get it Yoccos, you should come play with me. I wont hug you....much.

I see 79 dude. Just have fun out there man like you do.

Actually I could use a hug hahahahaha

I predict a 78 for the Coolbreeze today.

Yoccos, hope all is ok buddy!

I think he could too Hawk. He has all the tools!
It is, just some mind effing.. I just wanted to be chill lol.

I'm really good out of the trees. Sort of like how I got really good out of the rough for awhile.

I'm all about the hybrid punch shot from the trees man. I can even work it haha.

I'm really good out of the trees. Sort of like how I got really good out of the rough for awhile.

I'm all about the hybrid punch shot from the trees man. I can even work it haha.

Lol... OEM tried to teach me the art of the 3w punch from the trees... I hit it great. but it didnt clear a bush hahahahaha.

Dude I hti the ball well for the most part. Minus some Hanks with the 5h. I think I need some more time with it. It either leaks high right or hooks to jesus. JB taught me that shot, I'm gonna start practicing it.

I don't think I could do the 3W. Too long for me. I choke up on the 20°, open my stance, and hold off on the finish. That Heavy is awesome dude. I can keep it 3-4 feet off the ground if I need to.

That said, I'm sort of boycotting tree courses for awhile. I was playing all these hard courses and it was messing with my head a little bit. I'm looking to have some fun and work on ball striking and putting for the last three months of the season. The course I'm playing Sunday has some trees, but it's not all trees like many around here.

I don't think I could do the 3W. Too long for me. I choke up on the 20°, open my stance, and hold off on the finish. That Heavy is awesome dude. I can keep it 3-4 feet off the ground if I need to.

That said, I'm sort of boycotting tree courses for awhile. I was playing all these hard courses and it was messing with my head a little bit. I'm looking to have some fun and work on ball striking and putting for the last three months of the season. The course I'm playing Sunday has some trees, but it's not all trees like many around here.

That's a good thing to do Hawk. Hard courses are great and all but they really can wear you down. Especially if you are trying to work on your game. IMO at least, when we arent quite there, we just need to be able to hit the shots we've been working on, not tree shots.

I'm gonna look at the heavy hybrid. I do actually like the Razr X's though, so I'm still stuck on what to do.

You should grab one up. Never know when it might come in handy.

Do you regret not going with a 5 iron?

You should grab one up. Never know when it might come in handy.

Do you regret not going with a 5 iron?

I actually do. I was basing my options off my Mashie success when I ordered these. Plus I just assumed that my 4 and 5 hybrids would be easier to hit. Which I'm finding isn't the case.

Interesting. I've wanted to go with the 5 iron at times, but the Fybrid just works for me in that spot. I'm always going back and forth.

I wish Boccieri made one.

Back