Journey to Break 85

Interesting. I've wanted to go with the 5 iron at times, but the Fybrid just works for me in that spot. I'm always going back and forth.

I wish Boccieri made one.

Same here dude. I understand why they aren't just putting a whole bunch of products out, but I would think it would fit their target (if I'm assuming their target correctly) perfectly.

Hi Yahhcos.

I shot a 47/46 = 93 today. Only 31 putts dude. That's sort of amazing for me. Also shows the issues I had getting the ball on the green haha.

I drove the ball really well, but didn't hit a ton of fairways. I was always just a little off on the right side. Except for one monster hook, but that one was playable so oh well. The problem I had today is that I couldn't get my draw to turn over and I was either hitting the ball straight or with a little push that had me just barely missing. Beats a big miss I guess, but I suffered for it as the rough is pretty nasty and kills distance. Nonetheless, I was hitting it solid.

Irons just sort of sucked today. I hit some good ones, but lots of thin shots today. Also, I'm just not doing so good directionally with them. I'm missing greens left or right. Not sidespin, just pushes or an occasional pull. Something I need to work on.

Wedges were decent and I was happy with them. On 18 I hit a cut down GW from way below the green on a sidehill that was 5 feet off the pin. Distance control with my wedges is getting good. I'm able to take off distance pretty well and I'm making decent shots with them.

My swing thought is (and has been): Keep your V and be smoooth. I'm more accurate, hit the ball better, and am longer with a smooth, connected swing. I wasn't really happy with my score today, but it was an off day and I still came away low 90's.

Two other things:

Hi Yahhcos means hi everybody. I just like to say Hi Yoccos as that's where this all began.

Secondly, I freaking LOVE the course I played today. It's the second time I've played it and I'm making it my new home course. It has 4 sets of tees, but they actually put them in different spots (not just further back), it's in good shape and the greens are just about perfect. Not super fast, but really-really receptive to approach shots. There are tons of bunkers that are well maintained, big doglegs, risk/reward holes, and you aren't done for if you miss a fairway. You can still make a shot if you choose to. Best of all: $22 to walk it.

Takes about 40 minutes to get there, but it's quiet, not busy, and I love it.

Hi Yahhcos.

I shot a 47/46 = 93 today. Only 31 putts dude. That's sort of amazing for me. Also shows the issues I had getting the ball on the green haha.

I drove the ball really well, but didn't hit a ton of fairways. I was always just a little off on the right side. Except for one monster hook, but that one was playable so oh well. The problem I had today is that I couldn't get my draw to turn over and I was either hitting the ball straight or with a little push that had me just barely missing. Beats a big miss I guess, but I suffered for it as the rough is pretty nasty and kills distance. Nonetheless, I was hitting it solid.

Irons just sort of sucked today. I hit some good ones, but lots of thin shots today. Also, I'm just not doing so good directionally with them. I'm missing greens left or right. Not sidespin, just pushes or an occasional pull. Something I need to work on.

Wedges were decent and I was happy with them. On 18 I hit a cut down GW from way below the green on a sidehill that was 5 feet off the pin. Distance control with my wedges is getting good. I'm able to take off distance pretty well and I'm making decent shots with them.

My swing thought is (and has been): Keep your V and be smoooth. I'm more accurate, hit the ball better, and am longer with a smooth, connected swing. I wasn't really happy with my score today, but it was an off day and I still came away low 90's.

Nice man! its only going to go down from there. I let my mental game get to me again today...just made bad decision after another on a hole and it ruined the rest of the round.

Have you ever thought about playing all your irons from the same spot in your stance? might help with the left/right stuff.

I haven't, but that's actually one of the only variables in my iron game. I play the 6 and 7 iron in a different spot and they are the two irons I'm least accurate with. I'll give that a try.

I haven't, but that's actually one of the only variables in my iron game. I play the 6 and 7 iron in a different spot and they are the two irons I'm least accurate with. I'll give that a try.

I switched with my last coach and now I am consistent...just left because I cant aim lol

31 putts, very nice. I had like 22 putts last week in 9 holes. Not great.

Also, your Buzzard gives me a slight headache.

Hi Yahhcos.

Two other things:

Hi Yahhcos means hi everybody. I just like to say Hi Yoccos as that's where this all began.

Secondly, I freaking LOVE the course I played today. It's the second time I've played it and I'm making it my new home course. It has 4 sets of tees, but they actually put them in different spots (not just further back), it's in good shape and the greens are just about perfect. Not super fast, but really-really receptive to approach shots. There are tons of bunkers that are well maintained, big doglegs, risk/reward holes, and you aren't done for if you miss a fairway. You can still make a shot if you choose to. Best of all: $22 to walk it.

Takes about 40 minutes to get there, but it's quiet, not busy, and I love it.

Holy crap Hawk! That's a great update dude. 31 putts is phenominal. Really glad you found a good course too. I gathered that's been an issue latel.y

Hahaha. I was just trying to think of something to post here.

Yea, the course is really good dude. I'm going to go to the putting green after work today. What are you up to?

Hahaha. I was just trying to think of something to post here.

Yea, the course is really good dude. I'm going to go to the putting green after work today. What are you up to?

I'm going to go work on my short game and driver tonight! If I can get out. Had some car issues and other stuff just keeps popping up. Honestly though, I felt my round at ASU was mixed. I played terrible on the front and played well on the back. When i keep my drives in play, I'm hitting my irons really well. So I wont hit them to the point I screw them up. Just keep them fresh and work on my driver/wedge/putting.

Seriously bro, yours (and everyone elses) work just keeps me going. I think if I could get over my mental hangup alone, I'd drop a few strokes.

I would agree with the last sentence for sure dude.

I feel like my swing is starting to get slowly consistent and now I just need to refine it so that results are good more often. I feel like I am doing the same thing most times and have an idea of what I'm doing. That said, I know I'm not doing the same thing every time, but it's not far off. If that makes any sense. Almost consistent.

I feel like I'm at a mediocre spot right now. I'm ok at most things. Good enough not to be bad, but bad enough not to be good. Hence, the bogey golfer scores I'm putting up. When I have a day that one or two peices of my game are above average, I creep over that hump a little. It just takes time and practice.

I really want to work on my putting. I also want to work on accuracy with the irons. Also, getting a little closer to the hole with the wedges. Also, hitting the driver further with more accuracy. Basically, just a little better with everything will be an easy 10 strokes. It's going to happen too.

I was sort of complaining about my score from Sunday and Erica said something like - Last year you would have come running in the house screaming that you shot a 93 and were so happy. The fact that you are complaining shows how much you've improved. Made sense to me. I'm going to keep complaining though. I want more you know?

I'm going to go work on my short game and driver tonight! If I can get out. Had some car issues and other stuff just keeps popping up. Honestly though, I felt my round at ASU was mixed. I played terrible on the front and played well on the back. When i keep my drives in play, I'm hitting my irons really well. So I wont hit them to the point I screw them up. Just keep them fresh and work on my driver/wedge/putting.

Seriously bro, yours (and everyone elses) work just keeps me going. I think if I could get over my mental hangup alone, I'd drop a few strokes.

I feel like my swing is starting to get slowly consistent and now I just need to refine it so that results are good more often. I feel like I am doing the same thing most times and have an idea of what I'm doing. That said, I know I'm not doing the same thing every time, but it's not far off. If that makes any sense. Almost consistent.

I feel like I'm at a mediocre spot right now. I'm ok at most things. Good enough not to be bad, but bad enough not to be good. Hence, the bogey golfer scores I'm putting up. When I have a day that one or two peices of my game are above average, I creep over that hump a little. It just takes time and practice.

I really want to work on my putting. I also want to work on accuracy with the irons. Also, getting a little closer to the hole with the wedges. Also, hitting the driver further with more accuracy. Basically, just a little better with everything will be an easy 10 strokes. It's going to happen too.

I was sort of complaining about my score from Sunday and Erica said something like - Last year you would have come running in the house screaming that you shot a 93 and were so happy. The fact that you are complaining shows how much you've improved. Made sense to me. I'm going to keep complaining though. I want more you know?

keep plugging away, like you said as things get consistent you will see the scores go down and shave off strokes easily.

I know personally as of late, putting my driver in the penalty box has been the best decision Ive made lately. Had my 2 lowest rounds of the year within 10 days of each other.

She is extremely smart dude! Keeper for sure :)

I see nothing wrong with wanting more as long as you know you're good. you gotta have confidence to go with along with the desire.

I'm glad that's working so well for you.

I've learned not use mine all the time, but I hit it fine for the most part. Just not far enough.

keep plugging away, like you said as things get consistent you will see the scores go down and shave off strokes easily.

I know personally as of late, putting my driver in the penalty box has been the best decision Ive made lately. Had my 2 lowest rounds of the year within 10 days of each other.

88 today, my putting killed me, tried the yes putter again, and I just don't think its for me .. now to try the new Cleveland :)

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

Stupid putting anyway.

I've got a bunch of issues with my game, but consistency is a big one. I can follow a birdie with an 8. I'm reading a book right now called "Every Shot Must Have a Purpose". There are a bunch of good tips, but one I'm going to implement next time I play is to break down the round into six 3-hole segments. Analyze each of the three hole segments and predict your score for each. Then see how you do relative to your estimate. For me, I think I will be able to concentrate better when looking at a 3-hole sections of the course and have better focus as a result. And then I think my consistency will improve. Since the first of the year I've dropped 8-10 strokes from my average round. I need to drop another 8-10 to get to into that mid-80s area. So that's my Journey to Breaking 85.

Walked 10 holes in the pouring rain tonight :) Started on 9 (par 3) and then played the back which is par 34.

Ended up with a 45 (+8) for the 10 holes. 2 pars and 8 bogeys. Best thing is that I had NO doubles. That's big. Should have had a couple more pars, but lipped out some makeable putts. Had a pretty strong draw, otherwise known as a hook, with the long clubs, but it was playable and not severe.

Everything was pretty decent! Left some strokes on the green.

Correction. That was a 44 (+7). Forgot probably the best hole of the day for me.

360 yard par 4. Playing 370 due to a back pin.

Hooked the driver into the left rough. It was buried in wet, long, nasty grass and I had 160 to the pin. Clubbed up and took the 5 hybrid and put it on the green somehow. About 30-ish feet for birdie. Just wanted to lag it close and I got it inside three feet and actually made the 2nd putt for par.

Great stuff Hawk,the game is really coming together. You will have a day in the next few weeks when the putts are dropping and you will break 85 easily.

Thanks buddy. I probably should have just gone to the practice green today, but it's one of those things where I just really like to play. Oddly, I like playing in the rain. Course is deserted and the wet doesn't bother me too much.

Correction. That was a 44 (+7). Forgot probably the best hole of the day for me.

360 yard par 4. Playing 370 due to a back pin.

Hooked the driver into the left rough. It was buried in wet, long, nasty grass and I had 160 to the pin. Clubbed up and took the 5 hybrid and put it on the green somehow. About 30-ish feet for birdie. Just wanted to lag it close and I got it inside three feet and actually made the 2nd putt for par.

Nice hole man I love when you get saves like that from bad lies. Keep up the good work

I like playing in the rain too. Plus it rains here a lot so you better.

Back