Just signed up for golftec swing Eval!

ryker99

Reaction score
So...what should I expect? What clubs to bring? Super pumped!! Now just have to wait a week.....

I'm jealous. Just kidding, i'm thinking of doing this in a couple of months. Keep us posted about your experience.

oops sorry for posting before the pro.

Last edited:
Good Luck. I hope you get everything you are expecting and more. I personally have not had good experiences with golftec.

Just had my eval last week. It was awesome! They threw it in for free when I bought the 10 lesson package. They told me just to bring my 6i. I hit some balls just like I normally would, then spent most of the hour listening / watching him break down my swing. Its great to be able to see yourself swing frame by frame. He determined what I needed to work on and started to give me some hip and shoulder rotation tips to get me started for my first lesson which is actually today!!! Super stoked. Good luck dude you'll enjoy it

I went to one early this year and was impressed. I guess it's like any lesson and based on how you work with the instructor. For mine we just used a 6iron. If you've never had video done of your swing it can be pretty enlighening (at least it was for me).

I went to one early this year and was impressed. I guess it's like any lesson and based on how you work with the instructor. For mine we just used a 6iron. If you've never had video done of your swing it can be pretty enlighening (at least it was for me).

For sure. I found myself saying over and over again "no way!!!" hahaha it's great to be able to see it

I did this a while back and thought it was great. I took a couple of lessons based on the eval and got some great drills and have seen improvement. A couple of injuries have kept me from following up but I expect you will be impressed (and, perhaps a little humbled when you see your swing).

Having done about 450 evaluations in the last 6 years, I can honestly say no two have been the same. That being said, expect this general format-

-Interview (come with goals and an honest assessment of the current state of your game)
-Observation (the coach watches and collects data)
-Uncovering the nuances of the swing (I call this the Book Learnin' part- factual information is given about your unique swing from start to finish, discussing the cause and effect relationships that cause your particular ball flight/contact issues)
-The fix (the coach will direct you on a swing fix that addresses what I call the "low hanging fruit"- the biggest issue that is most accessible. This WILL NOT cure everything in your swing. It is laying the groundwork for solid fundamentals and improvements will be incremental. Your mileage may vary.)
-Homework (drills, practice routines and a general plan of attack is laid out by the coach to get you better as fast as possible)

I can't emphasize enough that the Initial Evaluation is not a "quick fix". If you are truly committed to improving your game, it will take time. Really listen to the expert and his/her recommendations on what it will take to get you to the next level.

Lastly, have fun. Remember it's just a game.

Good Luck,

Trevor Broesamle, PGA
GolfTEC Santa Barbara

Oops- forgot to answer one of your questions...

Bring your whole bag. Tell your coach what club/clubs give you the most grief. I've done evaluations with every club in the bag (though I'd save the putter for a separate putting session- it's a different beast entirely).

Trevor Broesamle, PGA
GolfTEC Santa Barbara

Ryker99 get ready to have your ego checked and your hopes raised. when I did my eval to say I was truly humbled is an understatement. After working with my coach he had me feeling myuch better aabout my game and really put me mentally on the right track that my game was going to get better. After 10 lessons and 1 left to go, I have never been hitting the ball better or felt better about my overall game. GolfTec and Josh brought me back from dreading going out and playing to looking forward to everychance to go out and hit the ball.

Have fun Ryker and your game is now headed in the right direction :clapp:. Remember it takes time to build a golf swing, so be patient.

Thanks all. Eval is on Friday. I'll post a full review afterwards!!

That's exciting, I've always wanted to do both a golftec fitting and evaluation. I just found out that there is one in my state but it's 3 hours away, It's worth the drive though!

Golftec, if I'm in between drivers right now and don't have one in my bag, will I be able to use one of theirs for the eval?

Golftec, if I'm in between drivers right now and don't have one in my bag, will I be able to use one of theirs for the eval?

You won't need your driver. For my evaluation I was told to only bring my 6i.

You can borrow one of their drivers if you wish- the 6 iron recommendation is offered because it is the most "general" club to assess. If you'd like it with a driver instead, just let your coach know.

Trevor Broesamle, PGA
GolfTEC Santa Barbara, CA

wow.... I can say that is the best money I've spent on my golf game to date. Here's what went down for those that are curious.

Went to the GolfTec center and warmed up. The instructor put a harness on me to measure the angles of my shoulders and hips in various planes. I then hit a number of balls, with my 5 iron, where I thought the swing was my normal swing. The instructor then took a video of my swing and showed me my swing vs. Tiger Woods on the computer screen.

This was the coolest part as I got to see every part of my swing in direct comparison to Tiger Woods. The best part was that my approaching stance and finish were near identical to Tiger's!

We then went through every step of my video and the instructor showed me the part of swing that could most easily be fixed and this was my hip movement through the shot. My normal hip movement was all over the place with my belt buckle typically being very open on the up swing then moving closed through the down swing. With that movement, I had to move my hands and shoulders a ton to compensate in order to get a nice clean strike on the ball.

A few adjustments were made and I was able to keep my hips in alignment with my belt buckle facing the ball the entire time and my numbers improved tremendously. All of that in about an hour. I've got my own dedicated website that shows my videos and stills and a place to keep notes as I progress my game.

I was worried that my swing was absolutely horrible, but I came away with that my swing is actually naturally very good and a few minor tweaks and my consistency should improve greatly.

Thanks THP for partnering with GolfTec!!

Thats great to hear that you had such an awesome experience with GolfTec.

Great write up. This is something I would love to do.

great write up, this is something I really need to try out and stop torturing myself

Sounds like you had a great session. I wish there a Golftec or similar closer to me, I can use all the help I can get.

Back