KBS C-Taper Iron Shafts - THP Preview

Those shafts look pretty dang nice! I love the KBS Tour feel and performance, but I do like the stepless look of the C-Taper (and other shafts). I don't think it would be the right shaft for me, as I do not need a lower launch or less spin, but I would love to hit them to see how they perform.

Guys, if you're a member of The Facebook and haven't done so yet, please check out KBS' Facebook page. Leave a comment, let them know how cool it is they participate with THP.

http://www.facebook.com/KBSshafts

TC, I think you put them in the Razr X Tours instead of the Burners.

How's your launch with the shafts you have in them now?

TC, I think you put them in the Razr X Tours instead of the Burners.

How's your launch with the shafts you have in them now?

You know, I'm not sure I can put the C-Tapers in the RXT's to be honest. I've thought about it. I like the launch I have now. You've seen me hit balls, I hit them pretty high I guess. I'd say the current launch is a mid/high but penetrating. So it takes off, then kind of rises up and reaches it's peak, then drops. Of course it also depends on what iron I'm hitting.

Sounds like you need to get yourself a golf work bench with a vise, shaft puller, and all the other club maker tools and become a club craftsman. Good luck with your getting these puppies swapped out and looking forward to your review.

I would love to see those satin shafts in person, they look great in photos I can't imagine what they look like in person!

I probably would've selected them but I didn't have a choice. I'm testing what was sent to me.

TC are you going to try and hard step these since they are going to be a little loose for you?

TC are you going to try and hard step these since they are going to be a little loose for you?

No, I will probably just put them in with each standard iron. I thought about it but don't think I will. I think they should be fine how they are.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

No, I will probably just put them in with each standard iron. I thought about it but don't think I will. I think they should be fine how they are.

I was thinking the same thing.

Would hard stepping bring them to a similar flex to the Tours in your RXT's? 'cos that would be a great comparison.

Really looking forward to the review TC. You have probably thenperfect irons to put them in - those 2.0s v the RXT's! What an awesome shootout it'll be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey TC i was curious as to when you expect to get these back from having the heads put on them? I am looking forward to reading more of your thoughts on these.

does KBS not have any kind of online fitting tool? I go to see if there is a KBS fitter anywhere close to me and I basically get this. " Dude....are you kidding me? No we don't have anyone is that God forsaken place..."

I hate having to drive 5 hours for a decent golf store >.<

Dude, I know your excited about these shafts. I am pretty excited to see/hear the performance of them.

I'm going to try and answer a couple of questions in one post, since I'm tapatalking.

@westtex, the best thing I can recommend is to find someone who has the Mizuno shaft optimizer. They should have plenty of KBS offerings for you to try.

@royalwolf, I'm still torn on what to put these in. I need to make a decision soon. I have a couple of other things in line for review first so I have time but I need to start getting some early impressions with them.

I love these shafts. I've always been a hit ball hitter and I had a hard time controling the spin with my lower irons. Thses shafts have helped with both. I haven't noticed any change in how far I'm hitting my irons but love the ball flight I'm getting with them. I have the X-stiff shafts that are 130g and have been playing them for a little over a month now. Great shaft and I don't know if I'll ever go back.

Just an FYI these my good friend got these shafts put in his TM MC's at no extra cost via Golf Galaxy.

Just an FYI these my good friend got these shafts put in his TM MC's at no extra cost via Golf Galaxy.

I would do this as my first choice. 2nd choice would be the MP63's, and a close 3rd with the Nike VR Pro Combos.

@westtex- There is a fitter in Midland, TX (as that's where your info says you live).

Masters Golf 500 West Loop 250 North Midland TX 79705 (432) 570-4499

They are an authorized KBS Fitter and should have some shafts for you to try. I would call ahead before you go to ensure they do. Hope that helps!

Finally got caught up. I cant wait to see what you think about these TC. Been watching these for a while now and I really think that these will be the shafts that I upgrade to. And if you do go with the 2.0s that would be amazing as those are the irons that I am looking about. Seems like they will be a perfect combo.

Anything on these TC? Or are you still on the course b/c they're just that money?

Anything on these TC? Or are you still on the course b/c they're just that money?

doh! Sorry I missed this, that doesn't happen to often. I will begin testing these next week. I had a couple of other things to finish up first and foremost. I can't cross-test, I'm a one shaft guy, hehehe.

I'm still contemplating whether or not to put them in the 2.0's though. Updates should start rolling in next week.

What shaft do you have in the RAZR X for the morgan cup?
Why not put these shafts on there, since you will be using them for the Cup?

I'm a one shaft guy, hehehe.

I wouldn't say that too loud, lol!

What are your other options for clubheads? You can come to AZ & put em in my blades if ya want :)

What shaft do you have in the RAZR X for the morgan cup?
Why not put these shafts on there, since you will be using them for the Cup?

Because Callaway will have representation there and they will be doing inventory checks on their staffers gear, similar to how they handle the guys on tour. My irons were ordered with specific shafts from Callaway for this even and I think it's the right thing to do to have those shafts in the irons they so graciously gave me.

I wouldn't say that too loud, lol!

What are your other options for clubheads? You can come to AZ & put em in my blades if ya want :)

I've got a little something-something up my sleeve.

I can't wait to see which clubs you put these in and how they perform for you.

I can't wait to see which clubs you put these in and how they perform for you.

Thanks buddy. I appreciate that. Did you ever get new sticks? I know this isn't the place, but I'm so anxious about what you're getting.

Back