KBS C-Taper Lite Iron Shaft - Review Thread

After visiting the on line fitting again it spit out the regular C taper S+. But honestly when I've tried these I didn't care for the weight or the rigidity of these. So for those much smarter than I am, if I were to move towards the CTL line would it soften both aspects of these for me?

After visiting the on line fitting again it spit out the regular C taper S+. But honestly when I've tried these I didn't care for the weight or the rigidity of these. So for those much smarter than I am, if I were to move towards the CTL line would it soften both aspects of these for me?

It would buddy, still not as much "feel" as the Tour's, but less "harsh" than the reg CT's IMO. The thing to note though is your spin would come up with these and your flight would significantly come up, these are some sweet mid-high launchers (closer to high than mid IMO).

It would buddy, still not as much "feel" as the Tour's, but less "harsh" than the reg CT's IMO. The thing to note though is your spin would come up with these and your flight would significantly come up, these are some sweet mid-high launchers (closer to high than mid IMO).

So is it possible to step the to bring the ball out of the stratosphere? Cause I hit a high ball already. Even with the x100. I'm looking for a lighter option going forward

So is it possible to step the to bring the ball out of the stratosphere? Cause I hit a high ball already. Even with the x100. I'm looking for a lighter option going forward

Dude, if you hit the X1's high you'll LAUNCH these IMO, even in an X.

Damn! Thanks buddy

Got the CTL's in Tuesday and installed. Played today with them. This may be one of my best golf purchases. Love the flight and weight of these on the I20s P-4 and an Altitude 3 hyron. Some excellent shots made today, as well as a smoother feel. Hard to explain the feel, just really comfortable not trying to kill the ball. So far glad I opted for Stiff rather than X. Will give more thoughts after competition rounds later.

Got the CTL's in Tuesday and installed. Played today with them. This may be one of my best golf purchases. Love the flight and weight of these on the I20s P-4 and an Altitude 3 hyron. Some excellent shots made today, as well as a smoother feel. Hard to explain the feel, just really comfortable not trying to kill the ball. So far glad I opted for Stiff rather than X. Will give more thoughts after competition rounds later.

This is my conundrum atm... I've soft stepped my current Tour X's but would like to get the ball higher (especially in the long irons). I also have to stay really aggressive with my current setup. The KBS online fitting puts me into the Tour S+, so I'm not far off that.

I'm thinking the CTL would be a little easier on my body (wrt aggressiveness). Just having to decide between the S or X...

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

This is my conundrum atm... I've soft stepped my current Tour X's but would like to get the ball higher (especially in the long irons). I also have to stay really aggressive with my current setup. The KBS online fitting puts me into the Tour S+, so I'm not far off that.

I'm thinking the CTL would be a little easier on my body (wrt aggressiveness). Just having to decide between the S or X...

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

As far as Specs the Stiff is not that much looser in terms of Torque etc. I was borderline and prefer the higher flight, so I went the Stiff route. If you had the funds it may be worthwhile to get one of each in 7 and 8 irons and then compare. I found my fear of Stiff shafts was from the CFS ones--I was ballooning bad when I first made the move away from Stiff--However the CTL is just amazing. It gets up there but still penetrates even into the wind. I found as I am tired or just not focused with the original C-taper I was getting very low in flight. So it seems the shaft itself is helping with forgiveness.

Finally got my set built. Took them out today and was very pleased with the results. Still getting used to the weight but definitely gained a few yards and increased ball flight. Here are some pics:

photo-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image-6.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
image-7.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Setup looks awesome

I finally got an extra Bridgestone J40 DPC 6 iron to play around with, so I shafted that up today with the C Taper Lite shaft in stiff flex. I'm going to get it out to the range over the next few days to compare to my gamer 6 iron, should be interesting.

I finally got an extra Bridgestone J40 DPC 6 iron to play around with, so I shafted that up today with the C Taper Lite shaft in stiff flex. I'm going to get it out to the range over the next few days to compare to my gamer 6 iron, should be interesting.

I'm excited!

I'm excited!

I think ddec is too, he'll get to take some swings with it on Sunday.

I was pretty impressed by the club repair guy at Golfsmith, he got the new shaft trimmed, prepped and epoxied in like 20 minutes. Usually they quote a couple of days, but he saw me just wandering around the store after I dropped the club off, so he decided to just do the job quickly for me.

Sweet Amol. I hope it works out for you. I suspect you will be pleasantly surprised. Wait till you hear the sword coming out of the sheath sound. Instant credibility.

Sweet Amol. I hope it works out for you. I suspect you will be pleasantly surprised. Wait till you hear the sword coming out of the sheath sound. Instant credibility.

You know what screams instant credibility? I didn't even put the shaft sticker on yet, so there is nothing printed on the shaft at all to identify it.

What I've figured out is that I liked the KBS Tour height, but didn't like the dispersion. I like the PXi dispersion, but I know the spin is a little too low at times, especially with longer irons, and I feel like that is hurting my carry distances. I'm hoping I can get some of the spin and carry distance back with these shafts, but not suffer on the dispersion side.

I thought they were pretty good in the dispersion category, but that's all relative of course.

I thought they were pretty badass in the dispersion category, but that's all relative of course.

FIFMH (fixed it for my Hawk)

Ha! Yea, they really do have that going for them.

That's what I like to hear.

I think ddec is too, he'll get to take some swings with it on Sunday.

I was pretty impressed by the club repair guy at Golfsmith, he got the new shaft trimmed, prepped and epoxied in like 20 minutes. Usually they quote a couple of days, but he saw me just wandering around the store after I dropped the club off, so he decided to just do the job quickly for me.

I can't wait for this. Even if I am not playing them, I will bring my DPC 6 iron with KBS Tour and we can hit all 3 side by side. Really can't wait to give these a swing.

Got a few swings with this 6 iron on the course today. A couple of the swings were pretty ugly, big smother-hooks but that's because of my swing more than the shaft or club itself. I did find that these did not launch too high at all, which was a concern coming in. The best shot that I hit came on 17, had 170 yards to the center of the green on a par 3 that plays downhill, but back into the wind so that cancels out the downhill in a way. I hit a shot that never left its line and probably carried a couple of yards past the center of the green, stopped very close to its pitchmark. I was also able to flight these a little lower by holding off my finish, which was fun. As ddec said, we'll have some time on Sunday to compare this shaft to KBS Tour and PXi 6.0, all in Bridgestone J40 DPC 6 irons.

nice buddy, I am really looking forward to sunday

I absolutely love these shafts. I never ever thought I would going into it, but damn, just so perfect for me.

I absolutely love these shafts. I never ever thought I would going into it, but damn, just so perfect for me.

kind of funny. The iron head you didn't think you'd love with the iron shafts you didn't think you'd love. #happilyeverafter

Back