KBS C-Taper Lite Iron Shaft - Review Thread

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
THP staffers Puttin4Bird, Jman and Hawk were asked to review the new KBS C-Taper Lite iron shafts. Each of the testers will be installing or having these installed in an iron set and will be putting them through their paces. We will all be spending a lot of time with them, providing input all along the way, and as always we will be answering any questions you may have.

I just received a knock at the door and naturally raced off to claim the box I knew would be waiting for me (Yay for being a teacher with summers off!).

I made sure to snap in hand pic's to appease the masses for a while before I install them and can get more tomorrow after they cure. I received a set of 8 of the new C-Taper Lites (3-PW) in stiff flex and they will be installed in a 3-PW set of 588 Altitudes (yes, I said it). Being that the C-Taper Lites fall into the 105g-115g category depending on flex and serve to fill the gap between the beloved KBS Tours and Tour 90's in spin and launch, these could be the perfect setup to put them through their paces in.

I consider myself a player with a quick and aggressive tempo in my irons, sometimes too much so, I was actually a LONG time player of the KBS C-Taper standard shafts but have come to realize that the hefty weights and lower launch of such shafts is not always better for me. It will be exceedingly interesting to see how these respond to my swing as well as the windy conditions I see day to day on the golf course. To fall in between the Tour's and 90's is a lofty thing in my mind because they are both such fantastic shafts, yet also SO different for my swing.

For more information on the KBS C-Taper 90's be sure to check out the THP Homepage article here: http://bit.ly/13zQnIG

Also, the flight comparison graph from KBS is here:

Trajectory-L.jpg

But, I know everyone wants pic's. Let me say that I personally believe the C-Tapers are/were THE best looking iron shaft on the market witht he brished finish so I was very happy to see the same finish with the Lites. Additionally the labels look fantastic, white where there is black on the standard C-Taper label but still that ever so recognizable KBS logo in red as well. Very good looking IMO.

DSC_0266-L.jpg

DSC_0259-L.jpg

DSC_0262-L.jpg

DSC_0267-L.jpg

DSC_0268-L.jpg

DSC_0269-L.jpg

DSC_0271-L.jpg

DSC_0270-L.jpg

Last edited:
Love the pics and look of that shaft. So.. You'll be putting those in the altitudes tonight then?

Looking good buddy! I cannot wait to get these babies installed in my set of Callaway X Forged irons!

• Staff
Love the pics and look of that shaft. So.. You'll be putting those in the altitudes tonight then?

Yep, have started measuring them to tip prep and trim to length now. Notice I said, tip prep Ward, need me to do a how to video? Hehehe

I plan on having them curing by 8 PM so I can tee off with them in the morning.

Dang. They really do look good. Looking forward to a little club work tonight!

I really do enjoy the look of the c taper shafts.

Nice looking shafts. Can't wait to hear some feedback!

Yep, have started measuring them to tip prep and trim to length now. Notice I said, tip prep Ward, need me to do a how to video? Hehehe

I plan on having them curing by 8 PM so I can tee off with them in the morning.

Spite move, video it!

Nice. Love the C Taper matter silver finish.

That matte finish just rocks. Looking forward to hitting these in the Altitudes and doing a side by side comparison!

Those look amazing! Can't wait to hear how they perform.

WOW, those are sharp! must look stunning in sunlight... need to see in person soon!

Great looking shafts, I am excited to hear your thoughts!

I love the finish of the C taper shaft. It is so striking when you see it, everyone that has seen my C tapers asks immediately what shaft is on them.

Those look amazing, I love that satin finish on iron shafts!

I am very interested in this thread. I currently have c-tapers in my Rocketbladez Tours and would like to get a little more height and spin on shots with the same feel I experience with the c-tapers.

Love the silver color on these

I'm intrigued!

Jman, how do plan on comparing these to the tours and 90's since your putting them in the altitudes?

I would like a set of those very much. They look so damn good.

I'm intrigued!

Jman, how do plan on comparing these to the tours and 90's since your putting them in the altitudes?

I've played the tours a lot, the 90's didn't last long because of my stupid swing at the time. That said, I'm going to focus more on what these are for themselves from a launch, dispersion, and feel standpoint and this also makes it to where there the irons impact on them is lesser the concern than the performance of the shafts themselves through my swing.

I'll still no doubt be able to compare them to all the masses of iron shafts I've tried/played and will a bit, but I want my views to be all about these. Plus, I know Hawk will have the 90 to C-Taper Lite comparison covered since he's installing them into the Rocketbladez.

I've played the tours a lot, the 90's didn't last long because of my stupid swing at the time. That said, I'm going to focus more on what these are for themselves from a launch, dispersion, and feel standpoint and this also makes it to where there the irons impact on them is lesser the concern than the performance of the shafts themselves through my swing.

I'll still no doubt be able to compare them to all the masses of iron shafts I've tried/played and will a bit, but I want my views to be all about these. Plus, I know Hawk will have the 90 to C-Taper Lite comparison covered since he's installing them into the Rocketbladez.

Thanks man I was curious since the altitudes are so different than everything else I've ever swung.

Can't wait for the two of you to get some info up.

I'm glad these are in your hands for a review and I am looking forward to reading all about your experiences.
This shaft does seem to fill a bit of a hole in the KBS lineup. For a young company, the R&D and product development is stellar.

Thanks man I was curious since the altitudes are so different than everything else I've ever swung.

Can't wait for the two of you to get some info up.

They are definitely different, but I'll be curious to see how much of that was shaft as well, ya know?

I'm eager to see the different feelings/views myself, Hawk, and Jake will come up with. All three different swings and tempos, and all three putting them in very different irons. We will have the iron spectrum covered no doubt.

They are definitely different, but I'll be curious to see how much of that was shaft as well, ya know?

I'm eager to see the different feelings/views myself, Hawk, and Jake will come up with. All three different swings and tempos, and all three putting them in very different irons. We will have the iron spectrum covered no doubt.

I hear ya on the shafts I hit them @ the Ohio Invitational and liked them with a nice easy swing.

Sounds like a great plan and you guys will have it covered well!

Jman did you say that you have a quick tempo? I do as well and that is the reason that I have the c-tapers installed currently it seems the faster the tempo the straighter the flight. It is really hard to over cook one if you know what I mean.

Back