KBS C-Taper Lite Iron Shaft - Review Thread

I guess I'm just looking at the irons thinking why not? Maybe it'll slow me down some - but I don't want it to be a train wreck either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Try the AMT or if you cant find those the DG Pro.
While this is a fine iron shaft, quite good actually, it will not accomplish what you are looking to do anymore than what you have now in my opinion.
Then of course remember you have a full fitting coming in a few months too. haha

While this is a fine iron shaft, quite good actually, it will not accomplish what you are looking to do anymore than what you have now in my opinion.
Then of course remember you have a full fitting coming in a few months too. haha

Hahaha I know man. I'm a constant tinkerer. But you know that. Part of me just wants to change it up just to see what might be down the road in December

I'll look into those thanks!

For me, these definitely produce a significantly higher ball flight than standard PX did. The Ctaper Lites are a damn good shaft and hold up just fine.

That said, DG Pro in X100 are most certainly worth a look, should be a key to get a set of pulls cheap cheap cheap.

For me, these definitely produce a significantly higher ball flight than standard PX did. The Ctaper Lites are a damn good shaft and hold up just fine.

That said, DG Pro in X100 are most certainly worth a look, should be a key to get a set of pulls cheap cheap cheap.
I'll echo the thoughts on the Ctaper Lites, that are fantastic shafts. Really help promote a higher ball flight.

I'll be honest I'm right around 94mph with a 6i and somewhere around 110+ mph with the driver. The C taper lights held up just fine but they did produce a much higher ball flight than what I needed. I have slowly come to the realization that heavier weight shafts are best for my swing and swing tempo. The day I find a lighter shaft to give me the launch characteristics of these heavier shafts that tend to fit me better, I'll be all over that like white on rice

I'll be honest I'm right around 94mph with a 6i and somewhere around 110+ mph with the driver. The C taper lights held up just fine but they did produce a much higher ball flight than what I needed. I have slowly come to the realization that heavier weight shafts are best for my swing and swing tempo. The day I find a lighter shaft to give me the launch characteristics of these heavier shafts that tend to fit me better, I'll be all over that like white on rice
Ever played DG Superlite? That might be up your alley. It's low launching in about the same weight class as these.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Ever played DG Superlite? That might be up your alley. It's low launching in about the same weight class as these.

Yup. Dispersion was everywhere. The C-Taper lights were damn solid though

My C-Taper Lites are awesome. The high flight combined with control is really a fun combination.

Thanks guys! Lots of helpful info!

According to the KBS site I should be playing these and after reading through this they seem to be my cup of tea. KBS Tour 90's are ballooning on me and I have an aggressive swing but prefer a lighter weight shaft. Anyone have a set of pulls in stiff they are looking to unload?

According to the KBS site I should be playing these and after reading through this they seem to be my cup of tea. KBS Tour 90's are ballooning on me and I have an aggressive swing but prefer a lighter weight shaft. Anyone have a set of pulls in stiff they are looking to unload?

I'd check the Bay, there's usually some good deals on sets out there to be had. Great shafts

I'd check the Bay, there's usually some good deals on sets out there to be had. Great shafts
Yep just got a new set for less than $200 from the bay. Decent deal for 4-gw

I grabbed a set from the bay. Really happy I made the switch. The kbs tour 90 were definitely ballooning. This feels so much more stable. I picked up distance and much tighter dispersion. This feels much better.

X Flex C-Taper lite 3i in my SC 2.6 with Flo...lipping in!!!! tighter miss hits!...WhooHoo!

I have theses shafts in my Apexs and really enjoy the solid feeling through the the entire swing. One of the biggest things that messes with my head is a "whippy" shaft and I have never thought that with these.

I purchased c taper 105g from eBay few days ago. He advertised as c taper lite but after further research I found out it’s a pull from taylormade irons. It’s not a satin finish. It’s chrome finishes. Which I really do not mind. I tried to do some search on these but not many info on them.

Any thoughts or comment in them compare to KBS c-taper lite?

I purchased c taper 105g from eBay few days ago. He advertised as c taper lite but after further research I found out it’s a pull from taylormade irons. It’s not a satin finish. It’s chrome finishes. Which I really do not mind. I tried to do some search on these but not many info on them.

Any thoughts or comment in them compare to KBS c-taper lite?

Does the label say C-taper Lite 90? I know those came stock int he SLDR irons and weren't a satin finish.

Does the label say C-taper Lite 90? I know those came stock int he SLDR irons and weren't a satin finish.

No. It’s say C Taper 105g. No lite words on it. I did some research and most likely they were pulled from PSI iron which they said some have taper tip on it. Here is a screen shot

82f0c5b049ff0482254d66db8d9e155f.png

No. It’s say C Taper 105g. No lite words on it. I did some research and most likely they were pulled from PSI iron which they said some have taper tip on it.

yeah that's the PSI shaft. What are you installing in?

yeah that's the PSI shaft. What are you installing in?

I’m installing it in Z765 heads. Hoping the swing weight doesn’t come too light. I have DGS300 and looking for slight lighter shafts.

Played round yesterday with CTL with z765. Overall I am impressed with the shafts. I could only compare to DGs300 and XP95 since those are the two extreme to each end.
CTL fall closer to XP95 with high ball flight without occasional ballooning.
Impact feels solid without muted feeling of DG or hollowness of XP95.
At the range hitting 100+ balls. It’s easy to control the trajectory. For me it’s easier to manipulate lower flight than high. Since CPL launches higher than DG. It works for me.
With Z765 heads. It’s the softest and smoothest set of iron I’ve ever played. After few more rounds taking it in to shop to have lie and lofts check. Maybe swing weight also.
So far combo looks very promising.
CF16 looks like it will be benched for awhile. Also love the satin finish.

Has anyone inserted the prosoft inserts into these shafts?

Back