KBS Tour FLTD Preview

Install has officially begun. Excited for the weather to clear and to get these to work.

Pics for sure after they're all cured, ferrules are turned, gripped, and decals are installed.

Hit a couple hiccups in that I had no weighting materials nor enough ferrules ready to go. They're in hand now and I've got the W/S F5 heads pulled as well as the Cobra F6 heads. Installing 130's in the cobras and 125's in the Wilson's. Should cure overnight and be able to get some installed pics up tomorrow evening.

Really looking forward to how these perform in the Cobra heads.

Sounds great Jman. Looking forward to hearing about these.

Hello there.

DSC_0023-XL.jpg

Stunning!!

Stunning!!

The one thing you can ALWAYS say about KBS, that little red sticker is always spotted instantly. Will be interesting to see how their version of a flighted concept performs, something I have actually been eager for them to do for years.

Excited for these to be in your bag, dude. I know how excited you are for these.

Excited for these to be in your bag, dude. I know how excited you are for these.

Indeed I have been. Its been a good bit since I have put heavy steel in play too, 130 is beefy!

Indeed I have been. Its been a good bit since I have put heavy steel in play too, 130 is beefy!

130... Yeeesh. All you, buddy.

If I keep seeing the pic of those shaft labels and those No1 grips I'm going to start looking for those grips. My king forged tec came with black UTX but those No1 are sexy!!

If I keep seeing the pic of those shaft labels and those No1 grips I'm going to start looking for those grips. My king forged tec came with black UTX but those No1 are sexy!!

They're nice. Expensive. But nice.

The Tour FLTD should be fully cured tomorrow in the F6's, I'll be putting the 130's (x-flex) to work first and then the 125 and 120 in subsequent days/sets.

DSC_0008_zps4xk4so2v.jpg

Stop it! Stop it right now!

I think we're in for a treat with this combo, James. Very interested to hear how the flight changes as you drive through the set.

Definitely should be interested to see just what is/isn't noticable "feel" wise throughout the set compared to what typical flighted set while also maintaining that trademark "KBS Feel".

That combo is one I'm going to be following closely.

That combo is one I'm going to be following closely.

Should be a lot of fun to see what happens. I'm going to make some of my puny freshmen swing these today too, just to see. Haha

Should be a lot of fun to see what happens. I'm going to make some of my puny freshmen swing these today too, just to see. Haha

If I can swing WCBM's PX 6.5 and hit a decent shot they should be able to handle these.

I've got 3 rounds and a range session in on these now so it's time for some thoughts.

They're definitely all there, remember though we are dealing with full weight KBS Tour iron shafts but with a flighted aspect to them now, these aren't TourV or CTL weights.

They feel to me just like the Tour shafts too, which is a good thing since they originated the realization that steel shafts CAN have "feel" to them and not just be rebar. With that though, the long irons have been where my focus has been and the flighted nature is 100 percent there as I've had zero issues hitting the 4i and 5i to a high ball flight off the deck and tee with the 130's (X).

For those who like full weight shafts but want more flight out of the mid to long irons these could be an extremely nice option.

KBS Tour FLTD Preview

Hello there.

DSC_0023-XL.jpg

Going to follow along with this. I want to like KBS. I really do. I've just yet to find a shaft I like or one that can get me better numbers than PX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got 3 rounds and a range session in on these now so it's time for some thoughts.

They're definitely all there, remember though we are dealing with full weight KBS Tour iron shafts but with a flighted aspect to them now, these aren't TourV or CTL weights.

They feel to me just like the Tour shafts too, which is a good thing since they originated the realization that steel shafts CAN have "feel" to them and not just be rebar. With that though, the long irons have been where my focus has been and the flighted nature is 100 percent there as I've had zero issues hitting the 4i and 5i to a high ball flight off the deck and tee with the 130's (X).

For those who like full weight shafts but want more flight out of the mid to long irons these could be an extremely nice option.

I will say i like the sound of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back