Review Kinetixx Velocity Shafts

Testers if you haven’t listened to Jason on Off Course you owe yourself the knowledge. Fascinating stuff about flex and spin.

Testers if you haven’t listened to Jason on Off Course you owe yourself the knowledge. Fascinating stuff about flex and spin.
I’ve listened to it twice, haha. Great stuff! And I think I understand this amazing shaft even better. Looking forward to this afternoon’s round.

Will definitely listen to this later, can't wait to hear Jason drop knowledge about this shaft!

Had another good day with the Velocity today. My swing was off compared to yesterday (what the heck changes in the space of less than 24 hours?!?), but still hit 9/12 fairways.

doing it now. i admit to understanding less than one half of one percent of what he’s saying.

I have this in a XXIO X driver for this weeks round

I have this in a XXIO X driver for this weeks round

fore lord

seems like that would have some serious peak height

fore lord

seems like that would have some serious peak height
The X is not as much of a crazy high launcher as the standard is, but still gets up there.

That was a great and informative podcast! There is so many details in there i will need to listen again for sure. What stood out to me is the mass through different sections that help stiffen the shaft. No seams at all either. Every time i swing my driver it is just so smooth. Kinetixx is really making a superior product in my eyes. I played today and we played a tight course with no relief and it was wet because we have had 14 inches of rain in the last 7 weeks.

I pulled driver 10 times today. I usually will use 3 wood more but my confidence level is really high with my driver right now. I hit 8 FW and put 2 OB. One of the two that went OB i had no business pulling driver, it is the signature hole at Starr Pass on the coyote course but i really wanted to try and thread it through the pass. I had the length but i aimed down the center and it drew just a bit and was in the desert. The last OB was on 18 and i hit it really well and straight but i believe i was aimed to far right. I hit another one and same side and length but got the bounce left and in play. I obviously need to work on really dialing in my alignment on the tee box. I am wishing i used my driver on holes 1&2 i might try that next time we play there. I hit the ball really well and the ball flight is perfect. I would call the ball flight high but not ballooning.

I like this shaft so much i might need to look into shafts for my FW woods. I will need to find somewhere to try them. I have never had this much success with my driver.

That was a great and informative podcast! There is so many details in there i will need to listen again for sure. What stood out to me is the mass through different sections that help stiffen the shaft. No seams at all either. Every time i swing my driver it is just so smooth. Kinetixx is really making a superior product in my eyes. I played today and we played a tight course with no relief and it was wet because we have had 14 inches of rain in the last 7 weeks.

I pulled driver 10 times today. I usually will use 3 wood more but my confidence level is really high with my driver right now. I hit 8 FW and put 2 OB. One of the two that went OB i had no business pulling driver, it is the signature hole at Starr Pass on the coyote course but i really wanted to try and thread it through the pass. I had the length but i aimed down the center and it drew just a bit and was in the desert. The last OB was on 18 and i hit it really well and straight but i believe i was aimed to far right. I hit another one and same side and length but got the bounce left and in play. I obviously need to work on really dialing in my alignment on the tee box. I am wishing i used my driver on holes 1&2 i might try that next time we play there. I hit the ball really well and the ball flight is perfect. I would call the ball flight high but not ballooning.

I like this shaft so much i might need to look into shafts for my FW woods. I will need to find somewhere to try them. I have never had this much success with my driver.

honestly after that podcast i’m kinda interested in kinetixx throughout the entire bag

honestly after that podcast i’m kinda interested in kinetixx throughout the entire bag

I think that would be cool. I definitely see more in my future. Did you get to play today?

I had the same thought -- and I've just gotten my SteelFibers broken in good. 🤷‍♂️

More range time this morning with the Kinetixx Velocity shaft and overall driver performance.

Today's focus was on getting the handle going up more through impact in order to increase swing speed.

Really pleased with the result. (And it was much easier to swing the Velocity vs my stock Hzrdus Smoke.)

Will find out this week if it was real or just a one-day thing.

Moving mind into another driver head 👀

I think that would be cool. I definitely see more in my future. Did you get to play today?

no, but i went to the range a bit yesterday. lightning cut that short, but the little driver work i did was really good. when i square everything, the high tight draw is so pure.

Moving mind into another driver head 👀
I wish I could try that. I love the "fairway-finder" aspect of my TSi2 (weight in the back) but I believe some other heads might work better as "distance" heads with the Velocity shaft profile.

Apologies for the delay. Meant to get an update in this weekend, but life got in the way as it's want to do. Got this shaft out again with two different driver heads for some range time and then took the best combo to the course.

Hit the range before my mid-day round on Saturday with the intent of dialing this shaft in with my current Mavrik, and the Epic Max LS I picked up recently due to a lack of self control. I think with the Mavrik I could still turn the driver down to 8˚ and be ok, but settled on S/D with both drivers as those were the most consistent results. I will say that I was losing the Mavrik a bit more to the right with the D30+, and the Max LS appeared to be going a bit further based on my super scientific eye test. So, I decided to roll with the Max LS/Velocity combo on the front 9.

Let's get into dispersion... I didn't hit a single fairway with either driver the entire round. :LOL: However, ended up shooting one of my better scores of the season. so I feel like I got a pretty good comparison together based on what I had in me that day. I only missed left with the Velocity on #2, which is the first driver hole for me. I was definitely steering it a bit to try not to let it leak right as that's where the main trouble area is for me. Straight rope down the left edge that ended up a few feet in the left rough. Every other miss was right, including the one I hit into the woods on 6 after making just a terrible pass at the ball. 100% on me for that one. I will say on # 8 I was actually through the fairway, which is my normal target as it's a short par 4 and the risk is low, so I generally just accept being in the rough to get a good look into the green. I was a bit further right than I'd like but still in the ballpark of where I usually want to be. With my gamer setup I actually missed left on the whopping 2 times I used it on the back 9. I think part of that was me expecting a fade that just didn't show up. Left is also the safer miss on those two holes for me.

Distance is pretty fantastic with this shaft all things considered. I'd say with both the driver heads I've put it in, the distance is there, even with the increase in left to right movement. The ball I hit on 9 started out left center and faded to the right rough but was almost as long as my cartner, who is a little bit longer than I am in general. I smooshed it on #8 and going left to right the ball ended up at about the same distance as my gamer setup when I hit it basically straight. The potential is there for sure. I'm going to keep working at it to see if I can get the shape down to something a little more manageable. See if I can't squeeze a little more out.

As far as feel is concerned this has been a pretty smooth shaft for me. I have felt it kick here and there but it's not something that I notice in any pronounced way regularly. This shaft is a high launcher for sure in my hands. If I can ever find time when it's not raining I want to get it back on the monitor to see if I can dial it in any further. Happy to answer any questions as best I can!

Got sidetracked this weekend, but this is on my list for sure!

So, I put this into a cobra tip for the Radspeed.

That’s a head I’ve fought with a lot since buying it earlier this year, and I got to reviewing and working with others so I just sort of let it sit. Well, obviously now it’s going to get all the focus with The Morgan Cup and all :love:;)

Anywho, I battled it for being quite low for me, and low spin. This in it though, today showed it could be pretty special. Still low spin, but launch came with NO work from me, just easy, and pure.

So, I put this into a cobra tip for the Radspeed.

That’s a head I’ve fought with a lot since buying it earlier this year, and I got to reviewing and working with others so I just sort of let it sit. Well, obviously now it’s going to get all the focus with The Morgan Cup and all :love:;)

Anywho, I battled it for being quite low for me, and low spin. This in it though, today showed it could be pretty special. Still low spin, but launch came with NO work from me, just easy, and pure.

did you have the D40?

Any more thoughts on performance? Feel? Looks? Let's hear it!

Every time I come from something else back to this I have a “oh my god” moment in therms of just how damn active it feels, every single time. But, the consistency just spits in the face of the feel, it’s a power generator that just is crazy consistent through the zone.

i’m struggling so badly off the tee i can’t give a lot of useful feedback on performance in play (eg comparative on course distances). on the range it’s undeniable that the epic max d30+ combo produces a high ball flight with extremely impressive dispersion in both distance and target line despite a user who is producing anything BUT consistent swings.

feel is so lively it’s kinda crazy. like nothing i think i’ve ever owned. but it’s not “boing-y.” what is “boing-y?” like a diving board. some lively shafts i’ve owned in the past can give that diving board feel at impact - particularly on misses - where it feels like the whole driver build is just, well, “boinging” around in your hands at impact. perhaps that’s a product of very high torque? i don’t know. whatever it is, i don’t have that sensation with the d30+. it’s just very stable and connected on pretty much every type of swing/contact i’ve thrown at it.

look is super premium. there’s a silky smoothness to the finish that is really cool. not glossy, but not “blank-y.” it reminds me a little of what grandura was doing.

The performance is just fantastic. I am really liking the results i see even with a toe shot my ball is staying in play! I am not seeing hard right shots like i use to get. I am with @McLovin i am not sure how to accurately describe this. When you waggle test it it feels nice a loose but when you swing it it is solid and smooth. I am playing in a scramble Sun and will have lots of opportunity for going after some drives which i am looking forward to doing.

The fit and finish is a 10/10. I dig the flat finish with the different colors offered. I sometimes whish i had the blue when i see it posted though lol! Everyone should hit this shaft to feel how good it is.

Unfortunately didn't have time for a practice 9 before league yesterday, otherwise I'd have put this through it's paces again.

Have to agree with @McLovin on looks. It's as premium as it gets IMO. I was in love with the blue the second you posted pictures of it and it looks even better in person! Feel wise is definitely active, but I haven't been feeling a ton of kick with the D30 or the D30+. Certainly not what some of the other testers have reported. Kinda resigned myself to the fact that I may just not be that attuned to it at this point. Performance though, this thing has so much potential. Hitting side to side fades and still getting the distance of a pretty well struck straight drive is impressive. My timing's still just a little off with this shaft. I'm continuing to work on it because I can sense that I'm really close and when I find it, it's going to be a bomber. With league being over for me now, this will become my primary shaft moving into the fall/off-season.

Back