lukecha75

Reaction score
Handicap
Congratulations on KJ's victory at Players!
Does anyone know WIT KJ Choi's Bag at Players?
Thanks in advance!

Ron Sirak said he was playing Miura CB's and wedges. I saw a R11 driver and his putter is an Odyssey.

Dont have full report yet, but here is my best guess based on previous weeks.

R11 Driver
R11 FW Wood
Rescue 11 Hybrids
Miura Irons
Miura Wedges
Odyssey Putter

The irons were Miura CB-501 4-PW and Wedge Series 54 & 60.

Last edited:
Dont have full report yet, but here is my best guess based on previous weeks.

R11 Driver
R11 FW Wood
Rescue 11 Hybrids
Miura Irons
Miura Wedges
Odyssey Putter

I think he must have changed one of his hybrids cause on 18 it looked like a "TaylorMade Mens 2009 Rescue Hybrid Utility Woods."

Official list

DRIVER: TaylorMade R11 9*
FAIRWAY WOOD: Ping i15 15.5*
HYBRID: TaylorMade Rescue TP 19*
IRONS: Miura CB 501 (3-PW)
WEDGES: Miura Wedge Series (54*), Titleist Vokey Design Spin Milled (59*)
PUTTER: Odyssey White Hot #2
BALL: Titleist Pro V1

Thank you JB & all for sharing the list!

Thank you JB & all for sharing the list!

+1, thanks, what a mixture of equipment, I wonder if anyone else has more brands in their bag???

JB- kind of off topic here but did Choi leave Nike or did Nike leave Choi? Mutual decision?

Official list

DRIVER: TaylorMade R11 9*
FAIRWAY WOOD: Ping i15 15.5*
HYBRID: TaylorMade Rescue TP 19*
IRONS: Miura CB 501 (3-PW)
WEDGES: Miura Wedge Series (54*), Titleist Vokey Design Spin Milled (59*)
PUTTER: Odyssey White Hot #2
BALL: Titleist Pro V1

I'm sure I missed this at some point. When did he stop using Ping irons? Wasn't he using G15's?

On a side note, I wish Miura would send stuff to demo day. Funny how that works out. A tour player wins a big tournament with their irons the week of demo day, and they won't send any to demo.

Awesome set. You don't see many tour pros with that many brands in their bag.

I'm really glad for KJ. He's been grinding out there and has been close quite a few times in the last two years. It was nice to see a little emotion out of him too as he can appear quite intense at times.

I'm sure I missed this at some point. When did he stop using Ping irons? Wasn't he using G15's?

On a side note, I wish Miura would send stuff to demo day. Funny how that works out. A tour player wins a big tournament with their irons the week of demo day, and they won't send any to demo.

I heard somewhere that he just very recently switched. Great bonus for them.

I read a tweet today saying Choi had a Dallas clubfitter build him 10 sets of irons and 25 drivers... not sure if they were 10 different brands of irons, or 10 sets of miuras.

Interesting mix...Wasn't he the one, at the Masters, that carried a lot of hybrids and didn't have an iron longer than a 7 ? Glad that he won...He was real personable with the crowd during the entire tournament...smiling at people, hand slapping a lot of people during his final round, gave a ball to a kid right after he made a birdie....I like to see that in PGA players...

Thanks for posting the official list, KJ is one of my favorites.

I would have sworn that KJ carries several Adams hybrids. I though it was 3i, 4i, 5i, or something similar. I'm obviously wrong but who am I thinking of? Gotta love that forged buttery goodness he's swingin' LOL

I would have sworn that KJ carries several Adams hybrids. I though it was 3i, 4i, 5i, or something similar. I'm obviously wrong but who am I thinking of? Gotta love that forged buttery goodness he's swingin' LOL

He did that at the masters to make up the distance and to help the ball up into the air on those tough greens. He just changed to the miuras for the players.

He did that at the masters to make up the distance and to help the ball up into the air on those tough greens. He just changed to the miuras for the players.

good stuff. I was wondering what was up after seeing this week on the witb that he had 3,4, and 5 irons in his bad

good stuff. I was wondering what was up after seeing this week on the witb that he had 3,4, and 5 irons in his bad

Yeah. He felt he needed more shot shaping at TPC. But supposedly in that article, Miura's been trying to build a set for him for over a year. Said he's a perfectionist so they built him a ton of clubs. His natural flight I guess is low, hence the GI irons, but supposedly his Miura set now was build to his exact wants and needs in a club. I don't know if he has always been a low hitter, or if his age is starting to catch up to him.

I was thinking the same thing. Part of the reason I was eager to see WITB for Choi.

Back