Lajosi Putters Thread

I think that's the route I'll be going, Colin. I want to get the bumpers softened a bit though so it's not so sharp.

I'm starting to really fall in love with this head shape. And this beaut is for sale on his site right now:

IMG_3175-Large-300x225.jpg

IMG_3178-Large-300x225.jpg

and the colors on this one are fantastic...too bad it's sold already.

IMG_3355-Large-300x225.jpg

IMG_3358-Large-300x225.jpg
I admit I have drooled while looking at that one. Really like the HT.

I think that's the route I'll be going, Colin. I want to get the bumpers softened a bit though so it's not so sharp.

Like this? This one has softened bumpers:

IMG_3328-Large-300x225.jpg

Haha. yep! that's the one I got my inspiration from

That's what I think I would do as well. But I'd do flow neck and wider flange.

That's what I think I would do as well. But I'd do flow neck and wider flange.
Get out of my head! Haha. I definitely want a flow neck but haven't decided on if I would want a wider flange.

Get out of my head! Haha. I definitely want a flow neck but haven't decided on if I would want a wider flange.

I'm a big wide flange fan. Fat blades are where it's at. Haha

I'm a big wide flange fan. Fat blades are where it's at. Haha
Haha. I enjoy my fair share of wide flanges. but I also like to have some different looks.

I'm starting to really fall in love with this head shape. And this beaut is for sale on his site right now:

Well the Black/Blue one is mine sitting here in my snowbound VA home and it is a beauty with Black shaft and gripmaster :smile:
Coupla carpet rolls have indicated it will not become a gamer for me - so feel free to reach out with any interest.

Well the Black/Blue one is mine sitting here in my snowbound VA home and it is a beauty with Black shaft and gripmaster :smile:
Coupla carpet rolls have indicated it will not become a gamer for me - so feel free to reach out with any interest.

Stunning piece, hop. I bet that grip pops so hard!

Love the head shape! Like the black head better but it has a PN so off to look at the other one.

Will be able to show off some of Kari's refinishing work in here soon, silly excited.

James - you've owned or played with more putters than 99% of amateur golfers. Do you notice lower scores when you use newer designs (inserts, perimeter weighting, etc,) vs. traditional putters like Lajosi's?

James - you've owned or played with more putters than 99% of amateur golfers. Do you notice lower scores when you use newer designs (inserts, perimeter weighting, etc,) vs. traditional putters like Lajosi's?

Personally? No.

But I don't have a specific face miss with putters like a lot of amateurs do (that is when MOI in a putter becomes a very valuable factor). Rather, for me its all about the sound (feel) and the look I like.

I truly believe I can putt with anything, so I simply use what I like.

Question for Jman. Your custom Lajosi has the copper insert with the milling on it, does it also have some kind of elastomer material between the insert and the head itself? Mainly wondering just how soft the feel becomes.

Trying to decide what to do with one of my other putters with regards to getting the insert milled or not, but I don't want the feel to lose that soft yet crisp responsiveness in doing so. Not sure if I'm making any sense or not.

Question for Jman. Your custom Lajosi has the copper insert with the milling on it, does it also have some kind of elastomer material between the insert and the head itself? Mainly wondering just how soft the feel becomes.

Trying to decide what to do with one of my other putters with regards to getting the insert milled or not, but I don't want the feel to lose that soft yet crisp responsiveness in doing so. Not sure if I'm making any sense or not.

I believe Kari does use some to back the insert, iirc. You'd have to email him to be sure though.

As long as you don't go super aggressive/deeeeeeep on the milling you won't lose any of the balance. Really pleased with the depth I went with on mine.

So, 3 of 4 things decided on the heads I sent Kari (that arrived today).

Mills Fleetwood - topline repair and satin copper plate
Cameron Sonoma - Gunmetal
Lajosi 1st Damascus - same etched finish but with a clearcoat baked on this time

The 4th thing? A headshape. :alien:

I sent Kari an email, I hope he gets me some good news.

I really need to get on this. But more I can't decide between the KLP or the HB3....

So I have one of these beauties just sitting at home that I don't know what I'm going to do with...?

I do think this is the year that I will get some custom work done from him and I'm looking forward to it.

Now, what do I want....

Shut it GregDan I'm working on it!!!!

I swear... I do not know if I have had a longer month's wait. I cannot freaking wait until he starts my custom.

Hmmm...some pretty cool designs are up for sale on his website...

Flow neck #7 type head
IMG_3725-Large-300x225.jpg

IMG_3726-Large-300x225.jpg

IMG_3846-Large-300x225.jpg

KLP7 with demascus

IMG_3557-Large-300x225.jpg

IMG_3560-Large-300x225.jpg

IMG_3563-Large-300x225.jpg

Back