Lamkin UTx Grips Review

I haven't had this issue at all. Only OEM one i kept on was the callaway acid everything else was reg lamkins

Every utx grip I have ever gamed except the acid green ones wear out very quickly just below left hand thumb for me. I don't know why. Originals, taylormade version, and tour edge exotics version all have this issue. Any one else have similar experience?
fcf15a69425e3ea4b468a1574fe287cd.jpg
I've only had the Acid Green and I have no issue with these. Love these grips. Actually have a backup set I F the Acid Green for replacement when needed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Acid green callaway version are the only ones that never had this issue for me. Red TEE version and regular wrap version shown in the picture above

Acid green callaway version are the only ones that never had this issue for me. Red TEE version and regular wrap version shown in the picture above
I've had the problems with the red and blue versions but under my right thumb..... It's the biggest turn off.

I games the wraps for a little bit and never saw that issue.

I will say the acid green have held up well, but the black version that came with my Apex blacks are too slick. No grip/cord feel to them and remind me more of a REL 3Gen than a UTx. I'm currently trying to track down some cheap acid green ones, but the cost is holding me back

I games the wraps for a little bit and never saw that issue.

I will say the acid green have held up well, but the black version that came with my Apex blacks are too slick. No grip/cord feel to them and remind me more of a REL 3Gen than a UTx. I'm currently trying to track down some cheap acid green ones, but the cost is holding me back
I wanted to restock on the acid green as well but they are expensive right now. I should have stocked up when they were going for about 50 bucks for 13

I wanted to restock on the acid green as well but they are expensive right now. I should have stocked up when they were going for about 50 bucks for 13

Yep, cheapest I'm seeing is around $10 for one.

Kang, I noticed a little more wear on the wraps than on the standard ones overall. For me it was more under my right thumb. I've got the greens on 4I-LW and they have held up well. Blue on my driver and fairway. They're holding up pretty well but the grips on my wedges are starting to slick up a bit. Need to give them a good cleaning and see if that breathes some life into them.

Now I get it. These are really nice and much much better than the UTx wrap.

My first visit with the UTx was with my Srixon 745s, I cut them off as fast as I could. But I just installed a UTx, blue that has a visible cord in it and I love them. Glad I took a second look.

Just cleaned my grips and am amazed at how good of shape the UTx on my irons are after about 200 rounds. Still very tacky and no cord breakdown thanks I'm sure to monthly cleaning with Gripes.

Anyone know where you can get Acid Green UTX? I just need two for my wedges.

Anyone know where you can get Acid Green UTX? I just need two for my wedges.

Ebay is where I got my extras earlier in the year, but looks to be slim pickings these days.

I contacted Callaway and they hooked me up, because their CS is the best.

I hope they have Master's green again for next year as I want one more year out of my gamer set.

Lamkin UTx Grips Review

So this post is a little ironic as I'm about to move away from these grips for a bit but wanted to post about durability real quick. I just reshafted my PM Grind with the KBS shaft from my old Hopkins 58. That wedge spent well over a season in my bag for play and practice. Then spent about half a season in a friend's bag. When I grabbed it to pull it for reshaft, I noticed it was dirty, but still had some grip to it. After I finished the install, I left the grip on as I didn't have time to regrip before my next range trip. So, I just wiped it down real quick and threw it in the bag. Lo and behold, the grip on this wedge is just as tacky as it was when it was riding in my bag after picking it up. It's not pretty, but with some basic care these things last a good amount of time.

bf60e93aff94b7227f7f955d47db21c9.jpg

Now I will say that I don't feel like the acid green Cally versions held their tack this well. Not sure what's up there, but I've got nothing but great things to say about the red and blue versions of this grip.

So this post is a little ironic as I'm about to move away from these grips for a bit but wanted to post about durability real quick. I just reshafted my PM Grind with the KBS shaft from my old Hopkins 58. That wedge spent well over a season in my bag for play and practice. Then spent about half a season in a friend's bag. When I grabbed it to pull it for reshaft, I noticed it was dirty, but still had some grip to it. After I finished the install, I left the grip on as I didn't have time to regrip before my next range trip. So, I just wiped it down real quick and threw it in the bag. Lo and behold, the grip on this wedge is just as tacky as it was when it was riding in my bag after picking it up. It's not pretty, but with some basic care these things last a good amount of time.

bf60e93aff94b7227f7f955d47db21c9.jpg

Now I will say that I don't feel like the acid green Cally versions held their tack this well. Not sure what's up there, but I've got nothing but great things to say about the red and blue versions of this grip.
I just had the same thing happen on a reshaft project, the new shafts had UTx on them and I don't know how old they were, but with a bit of a gripe down, see what I did there! They were good to go and feeling great.

Really still digging mine.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I need to regrip my new (to me) irons and I'll most likely once again go with these in mid sized. Such a well wearing & comfortable grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to regrip my new (to me) irons and I'll most likely once again go with these in mid sized. Such a well wearing & comfortable grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Golfworks has a decent deal on 12 of these in the DoTD thread just in case but I think they're not available in midsize

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I have a weird question (it may be my OCD:banghead:)...

If you look at the UTx and UTx wraps on Lamkin's website http://www.lamkingrips.com/shop/products.html , does it appear to anyone else that the black grips in each design have less cord on them than the red, blue, etc?

I know the cord can be harder to see on the black grips but to me it appears the black grips have less cord.

It's just harder to see. Plenty of cord there still.

Put these on for the first time this year. Love the feel, but after only about 30 rounds my driver and most used wedge are wearing out pretty badly under my right thumb. Yes I know I shouldn't grip so tightly with my lower hand, but I do. So next time I regrip I don't think I'll use these.

Put these on for the first time this year. Love the feel, but after only about 30 rounds my driver and most used wedge are wearing out pretty badly under my right thumb. Yes I know I shouldn't grip so tightly with my lower hand, but I do. So next time I regrip I don't think I'll use these.

I had similar results. The feel and performance was very good but the wear was terrible when compared to any other grip that I've owned.

Back