Lamkin UTx Grips Review

I have the UTx Wraps and couldn't agree more. It seems they get stickier the more you hit and had no problems with the humidity even though I don't wear a glove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally joined the UTx club and I'm wishing I did this years ago. These things are such a good grip! Love the slight softness in hand and the extreme tackiness. It's only been a couple days but I think I've found my forever grip!

Lamkin has the Tour Spec UTx grips on sale for 50% off. $3.49/grip and free shipping on orders over $50! The ones on special are only standard size with a .600 core (instead of .580). They're available in round and in ribbed/reminder. I'll be stocking up again once I check how many I have left at home.

http://www.lamkingrips.com/shop/products/sale/utx-golf-grips-tour-spec.html

Great grips. As good as you can ask for in my opinion.

Kind of been wondering when we will see an update of sorts to the UTx line, or maybe another grip featuring the UTx tech in it. Lamkin teased some things a while back, but I've seen nothing since.

Kind of been wondering when we will see an update of sorts to the UTx line, or maybe another grip featuring the UTx tech in it. Lamkin teased some things a while back, but I've seen nothing since.

It seems my endless supply of i-Lines is not in fact endless.. Will really look forward to an updated UTx.

Just bought a dozen and a half of the UTX grips through that sale Lamkin had. Looking forward to these when my NDMC wear out.

I do love these grips but my biggest problem is that the cord is inconsistent. I prefer the feel of more cord and some of mine don't have enough. I clean my grips fairly often and the UTx with more cord don't need to be cleaned as much.

Down the road the smoother grips don't feel great to me after cleaning.

I do love these grips but my biggest problem is that the cord is inconsistent. I prefer the feel of more cord and some of mine don't have enough. I clean my grips fairly often and the UTx with more cord don't need to be cleaned as much.

Down the road the smoother grips don't feel great to me after cleaning.
Very interesting to hear, not something I've seen in the 4 or 5 sets I've used, but still interesting to hear. I will say though, these aren't meant to be like traditional cords with tons and tons of it showing through, they're a definite hybrid with thr 3gen material.

Very interesting to hear, not something I've seen in the 4 or 5 sets I've used, but still interesting to hear. I will say though, these aren't meant to be like traditional cords with tons and tons of it showing through, they're a definite hybrid with thr 3gen material.

agreed. never seen that kind of inconsistency. not saying it couldn't happen though. I adore mine. the best grips I've ever played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's good to hear cause I'll probably go with them again when I need to regrip. Weird to hear though, I don't know if it'll show through a picture but I'll post one between tonight and tomorrow comparing them.

The non-wrap are the best grips I've ever used as well. Due to some seriou club hoing, I've had a chance to try pretty much everything on the market.

So here's a pic, the one in the middle is the grip that's smoother and has less cord.

The more corded grips aren't as sticky after cleaning but feel more like the traditional cord(sand paper feel) and don't need to be cleaned as often. I have 3 that are like this, and 2-3 that feel right in-between.

I put most of the grips on about a year ago and remember the few with more cord felt like they were too dry or stale. Don't know how else to describe it.

I have this on some as well, I wonder if it is just wear which enables some of the cord to "come" out. Not sure

I ordered this grip on the XR16 I ordered this week.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Once I wear these out I probably will go to the I-line. The UTX is nice, haven't had a single issue. I just prefer a softer feel.

Put a NDMC on my driver for lack of a UTx when I regripped it. After my first warm weather round of the year I'll be grabbing a UTx for it here shortly. Didn't think it would bother me but I prefer the UTx by far.

I really don't see myself gaming anything else in a long term scenario, that being said, I can't wait to see what is coming soon from Lamkin...

Lamkin UTx Grips Review

I have a stash of Lime Green UTx & just picked up some all black UTx from eBay

Love these grips because if I have to I don't have to wear a glove and don't have to worry about the club slipping

I really don't see myself gaming anything else in a long term scenario, that being said, I can't wait to see what is coming soon from Lamkin...
There's something new coming?

I love love love the UTx. Perfect for all conditions, and I've played in everything from cold and rainy to dry and hot. Never once did I have a thought that my grips wouldn't perform like they should.

There's something new coming?

I love love love the UTx. Perfect for all conditions, and I've played in everything from cold and rainy to dry and hot. Never once did I have a thought that my grips wouldn't perform like they should.

:angel::angel::angel:

I too have one of these on my XR 16 Pro and love the feel of it.

Every utx grip I have ever gamed except the acid green ones wear out very quickly just below left hand thumb for me. I don't know why. Originals, taylormade version, and tour edge exotics version all have this issue. Any one else have similar experience?
fcf15a69425e3ea4b468a1574fe287cd.jpg

Back