Las Vegas Golf Courses

I like the golf in St. George UT so much better than Las Vegas. I feel like I get so much for my money in St. George even in peak season so if you are open and can say do 36 holes in a day go play Sand Hollow and something else there like Coral Canyon or Ledges. Las Vegas wise I have played one of the Paiute courses, Badlands, Silverstone, Wildhorse, Tuscany and one other I think. Paiute and Badlands were my favorites of those. Wildhorse and Tuscany were good value and Silverstone was surrounded by houses which I didn't like.

I like the golf in St. George UT so much better than Las Vegas. I feel like I get so much for my money in St. George even in peak season so if you are open and can say do 36 holes in a day go play Sand Hollow and something else there like Coral Canyon or Ledges. Las Vegas wise I have played one of the Paiute courses, Badlands, Silverstone, Wildhorse, Tuscany and one other I think. Paiute and Badlands were my favorites of those. Wildhorse and Tuscany were good value and Silverstone was surrounded by houses which I didn't like.

I am totally with you on the great golf in St. George. I have talked at length about it here, but it is really a fantastic place to play. I am lucky that my parents moved there 7 years ago, so golf is always part of the itinerary when I go there. Sand Hollow is a stand out course for sure!

I am totally with you on the great golf in St. George. I have talked at length about it here, but it is really a fantastic place to play. I am lucky that my parents moved there 7 years ago, so golf is always part of the itinerary when I go there. Sand Hollow is a stand out course for sure!

Jealous!!

Where to Play in Mesquite Nevada

Where to Play in Mesquite Nevada

I am going to Mesquite in few weeks for 4 days of golf.. Which courses do you recommend?

1) Wolf
2) Conestoga Golf Club
3) Palmer Course at the Oasis

Wolf creek is a must

I thought I had posted in this thread but I played The Wynn last week and found it to be an awesome course with top shelf ammenities including the caddie. I was fortunate enough to tee it up there with THPer TrueFX who was also in town. We had an amazing time and truly enjoyed the entire experience. We also played another course named The Lexington at Revere which was more mounain like and had vistas overlooking the LV Strip which was pretty cool. They had one par 5 600 yarder that was a beast.

Glad you had fun out there SeeMoreGuy!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Going our in two weeks. Trying to decide between Siena; Paiute; Desert pines or Royal links for a Sunday afternoon. Thoughts?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Paiute would be my first choice out of those. I dislike Royal Links the most out of those. Be wary of the wind if you choose Paiute, make sure its not blowing hard...if its blowing 15 mph in Vegas it'll be like a hurricane there.

I enjoy Siena, but... they just finished doing some work on the course and last time I was there the greens were not in the best shape. Haven't played Desert Pines but hear good things.

Played Desert Pines in April... I am unlikely to go back. Booked thru Walter's Golf and it was less than splendid from the first moment. Originally booked Bali Hai, a friend played it 2 days before my tee time only to find it aerated, fairways & greens! I called & they suggested I switch to DP. Several bare greens and so many divots! My client was NOT impressed.

I called paiute and asked for a 2:30 tee time at a super twilight rate (daylight savings starts on Nov 4) they. Would only offer a twilight rate of $79. Super twilight starts for them at 3. I tried to talk him down to the lower rate since sunset is 4:45 but no budging for two foursomes.
called Sienna and the pro and after verifying when sunset was offered me the super twilight rate. I was a little disappointed with pauite's short sightedness but 500 wont break them.

I called paiute and asked for a 2:30 tee time at a super twilight rate (daylight savings starts on Nov 4) they. Would only offer a twilight rate of $79. Super twilight starts for them at 3. I tried to talk him down to the lower rate since sunset is 4:45 but no budging for two foursomes.
called Sienna and the pro and after verifying when sunset was offered me the super twilight rate. I was a little disappointed with pauite's short sightedness but 500 wont break them.

I played 36 at pauite in march, loved the course

Someone at my club recommended angel park. Anyone played it recently?

Someone at my club recommended angel park. Anyone played it recently?

I played it 2 years ago, it was decent, lots of better options available though

Paiute is fantastic, I played the Wolf and the Snow courses and they were both in great shape and a challenge.

Paiute is now my home course and I play it 4x week. I can't compare courses rate wise as I don't know which each course charges for tourists, however, for condition of the course it is very hard to beat Paiute. They are almost always in superb condition due to them not having water issues, unlimited water on the Indian reservation. The course layout offers very generous fairways, fast greens and a good test to your game. If you miss a fairway at Paiute it was either blowing 40mph or you just can't hit a tee shot lol. Wolf gets all the praise, but for the extra $ they charge it isn't worth it. Sun to me offers just as much challenge and doesn't get played as much so its in great condition. Snow probably gets the most play which shows in condition (not that it is bad condition, just the worst of the 3, but would still be one of the best conditioned in Vegas) and is the easist.

As for other courses, I always recommend Bears Best, TPC Las Vegas, Boulder Creek, Coyote Springs. Angel Park can be hit or miss and it gets alot of play so it can be slow. Revere is good also.

Vegan I'd be glad to comp ya a free round at Revere if you could do the same for me at Paiute!

Paiute is now my home course and I play it 4x week. I can't compare courses rate wise as I don't know which each course charges for tourists, however, for condition of the course it is very hard to beat Paiute. They are almost always in superb condition due to them not having water issues, unlimited water on the Indian reservation. The course layout offers very generous fairways, fast greens and a good test to your game. If you miss a fairway at Paiute it was either blowing 40mph or you just can't hit a tee shot lol. Wolf gets all the praise, but for the extra $ they charge it isn't worth it. Sun to me offers just as much challenge and doesn't get played as much so its in great condition. Snow probably gets the most play which shows in condition (not that it is bad condition, just the worst of the 3, but would still be one of the best conditioned in Vegas) and is the easist.

As for other courses, I always recommend Bears Best, TPC Las Vegas, Boulder Creek, Coyote Springs. Angel Park can be hit or miss and it gets alot of play so it can be slow. Revere is good also.

Well said about Pauite. I did not get to play the Sun course but I enjoyed the Wolf and Snow equally. The Snow course had awesome and difficult par 3's with a lot of carry. The wolf course has the island par 3 that is great as well. I played with a member there, he played 4 or so days a week as well.

Snap hook I will be in Veags for the CES show in January if you want to tee it up somewhere?

Well said about Pauite. I did not get to play the Sun course but I enjoyed the Wolf and Snow equally. The Snow course had awesome and difficult par 3's with a lot of carry. The wolf course has the island par 3 that is great as well. I played with a member there, he played 4 or so days a week as well.

Was this recently? Who was it or what did he look like? We have very few members, I think less than 30.

Vegan I'd be glad to comp ya a free round at Revere if you could do the same for me at Paiute!

Sure, let me know when you are available. I play Paiute Mon-Thurs.

Was this recently? Who was it or what did he look like? We have very few members, I think less than 30.

Sometime in the middle of October. He said he was a member, joined recently, I am not sure how old he was and said he use to play billiards and he worse glasses. He was a nice guy, he sent me some golf related videos and what not. I also played with a couple that said they were members as well and they had just joined the Monday through Thursday membership.

Back