Latest Thoughts on Charlie Woods

I bet he takes quite a bit from this experience. Stepped up several levels of competition. Probably wanted to test his game and where he was at both mentally and physically. Getting into situations when it's not the norm and out of your comfort level is a great way to test and evaluate all of that.
I give him credit for teeing it up.

I give him credit for teeing it up.
a great way to test your game is to play in uncomfortable situations. I absolutely give him credit for going out and trying.

a great way to test your game is to play in uncomfortable situations. I absolutely give him credit for going out and trying.
Can't imagine the extra pressure he's under.

I think the final result looks a lot worse than it probably was. Realistically if he went out again he’s probably not making a 12. Not a bad effort for his first qualifying event but definitely some work to be done

That 12 doesn’t look good on the scorecard.

Honestly, good for him for going out and testing himself.

Now get back to work and hopefully do better next time!

According to espn article this was with preferred lies too. Ouch.

Who cares?? Let him be a kid. Stop with all of the cameras in his face too.

Tough day for the kid.... Looks like he had quite a struggle out there, early on... Redeemed himself on the back, which i'm sure was harder than one might think, knowing that he had already shot himself out of the running after that big number. Good for him, buckling down and playing a respectable 11 more holes. I say good luck to Charlie, and hope to see him in another qualifier (or qualifier for a qualifier, as it were). Nothing to hang his head about.

your 4th putt is always good with me. .
Thanks Indonesia GIF

I hope the kid does well. his dad is unfortunately the GOAT and he will have a lot to hold up too, but I think he will be a good golfer someday. i think his control shots are what will make the difference for him. should be fun to watch!

I want to know what happened on that 12!
Lipped out the 11 :(

But also, that absolutely chaps the backside. Like homie what is you doin out there 😢

what is wrong with some people. jeez. that's just sad.

Good on him for trying. That 12 had to hurt. Hopefully he learned a lot from it, puts in more work, and tries again.
Honestly, instead of trying for PGA events at 15, just be a high schooler and play some golf and work at it. No need to freaking rush it. He's probably placing waaaaay too much pressure on himself.

Honestly, instead of trying for PGA events at 15, just be a high schooler and play some golf and work at it. No need to freaking rush it. He's probably placing waaaaay too much pressure on himself.
Very true. Tend to forget that with all the visibility he gets.

I kinda feel sorry for the kid. Every time he tees it up he's under a microscope. His father is arguably the greatest golfer of all times. Those are some pretty big shoes to fill.

There has to be so much pressure on this young man. I would hope this humbles him a bit. From what little I have seen of Charlie he needs a little bite of the humble pie.

I am rooting for him to succeed. He has a long way to go.

I kinda feel sorry for the kid. Every time he tees it up he's under a microscope. His father is arguably the greatest golfer of all times. Those are some pretty big shoes to fill.
This, 1000%. He lives in a massive shadow and will always be under the microscope.

There has to be so much pressure on this young man. I would hope this humbles him a bit. From what little I have seen of Charlie he needs a little bite of the humble pie.

I am rooting for him to succeed. He has a long way to go.
Have to wonder if that is a defense mechanism to deal with the pressure he feels?

Back