Latest Thoughts on Charlie Woods

Bummer, has to be really tough but at the same time, not many wouldn't trade places, he has everything and can do anything, including play pro golf if he works hard, because again, he has every advantage to do so, he's young enough and if he wants to play golf every minute of every day he can, and that's what it takes to be a pro.

But chances are he doesn't make it, too many hungry kids are out there working on their game right now, are you Charlie? maybe, maybe not.

He did have 11 pars so there is that!! But no birdies is also a concern....
Kid is freaking 15 trying to qualify for a PGA Event. He will be fine.

No where to go but up from here. But it is a challenge being son of goat. Look at Jack's kids.

Kid is freaking 15 trying to qualify for a PGA Event. He will be fine.
Absolutely he will and good for him for even trying. It has to be a huge stress being Tiger's son dealing with expectations.

He really only had 1 bad hole.

He really only had 1 bad hole.
The bad start I’m sure didn’t help matters and then he tried to force it. Kid’s way better than 12 on a hole, but it happens to even the best of them.

Exactly. The kid had 11 pars (at 15 yrs old) on a PGA Tour setup course. That in and of itself is amazing. I can't get 11 pars on my pathetic muni course. Playing yesterday for Charlie was all about experience. I'm sure he learned a lot playing the pre-qualifier.

The kid has intestinal fortitude, the onslaught of idiots following him was brutal. A grandmother actual went and got her 12 yr old out of school to see if she could get Charlie to notice her. UFB what some of the tools did during his round. People are aholes.

The kid has intestinal fortitude, the onslaught of idiots following him was brutal. A grandmother actual went and got her 12 yr old out of school to see if she could get Charlie to notice her. UFB what some of the tools did during his round. People are aholes.
People are aholes...

Total rude a**holes, A perfect example of our society these days.
I read an article about the stuff fans were saying and doing at the qualifier he played in. People just aren't right these days, our society has lost all sense of decency.

I read an article about the stuff fans were saying and doing at the qualifier he played in. People just aren't right these days, our society has lost all sense of decency.
Officials should get cattle prods to control the lunatics.

It is only one round. I'm sure nerves played a big role. Once he gets more comfortable playing tournaments he will do better. I'm sure he can play.

It is only one round. I'm sure nerves played a big role. Once he gets more comfortable playing tournaments he will do better. I'm sure he can play.
How many of us would follow a 12 with 6 straight pars? Not many.

Looking at the score card online, Lost Lake typically plays as a 6850 yard par 72 with a slope of 135. The 7th and 12th played as a par 4 for the tournament and are typically par 5’s. I’m guessing it probably played a bit longer and was setup pretty difficult from what it normally is.

Charlie had to go through a lot worse than Earl jangling change in his pocket during a backswing.

Correct, not many would make the twelve to start the par run. 😉
On a course setup for PGA Tour distance and conditions? I bet I could easily put up a couple 12s.

On a course setup for PGA Tour distance and conditions? I bet I could easily put up a couple 12s.
A lot has to go wrong to make 12. Any idea how it happened? I tend to think the caddie wasn’t thinking clearly either.

oh by the way, I seem to sense some sandbagging in those comments. 😉

A lot has to go wrong to make 12. Any idea how it happened? I tend to think the caddie wasn’t thinking clearly either.

oh by the way, I seem to sense some sandbagging in those comments. 😉
Sandbagging? What’s that? 😳

Sandbagging? What’s that? 😳
What Is Sandbagging? Sandbagging is a strategy of lowering the expectations of a company or an individual's strengths and core competencies in order to produce relatively greater-than-anticipated results.

Yep, that‘s what I sensed 😁

Back