Limited Run: Titleist Pro V1 Left Dot

Ugh, I’m so disappointed I missed out on these. Lower ball flight and spin is a dragon I’ve been chasing for a while now. Here’s to hoping they still have enough spin for people to put them in the woods on the courses I play. 🤣

ProV1x -
8 iron 9400 rpm average spin
4 iron 5400

ProV1 -
8 iron 8600
4 iron 4840

ProV1 left dot -
8 iron 8070
4 iron 4500

AVX -
8 iron 8260
4 iron 4700

I'll be able to better account for flight, trajectory, and behavior on Friday during real golf haha.

I prefer the firmer feel of the Left Dot over the softness of AVX.

So far, each ball is doing exactly what it says it will do; although I'm spinning the AVX more than the Left Dot.

Keep in mind, my swing is very steep.

ProV1x -
4 iron 5400

ProV1 -
8 iron 8600
4 iron 4840

ProV1 left dot -
8 iron 8070
4 iron 4500

AVX -
8 iron 8260
4 iron 4700

I'll be able to better account for flight, trajectory, and behavior on Friday during real golf haha.

So far, each ball is doing exactly what it says it will do; although I'm spinning the AVX more than the Left Dot.

The AVX spinning more than the ProV1 left dot surprises me quite a bit. It certainly seems that the left dot is your ball.

Any comparative ball speed numbers?

The times that I've use Left Dot, I've really like it - Just a tad softer than V1

I find the AVX too soft at times, so this is a clear winner for me. Cannot wait for on course testing Friday.
See if you notice the durability. The ones I've used held up quite well.

ProV1x -
4 iron 5400

ProV1 -
8 iron 8600
4 iron 4840

ProV1 left dot -
8 iron 8070
4 iron 4500

AVX -
8 iron 8260
4 iron 4700

excuse my ignorance, but what is the "desired" spin rate for most golfers with the 4 and 8 irons?

excuse my ignorance, but what is the "desired" spin rate for most golfers with the 4 and 8 irons?
Most would argue to add zeroes onto the end of the iron you're hitting... So 4 = 4k, 8 = 8k, etc.

Personally, I shoot for below that, as I hit a high ball and don't need the spin to stop on greens.

Most would argue to add zeroes onto the end of the iron you're hitting... So 4 = 4k, 8 = 8k, etc.

Personally, I shoot for below that, as I hit a high ball and don't need the spin to stop on greens.
Thank you. I've never really understood the desired spin rate other than I want more or less when I'm just playing. I personally usually use the X balls ( Z Star XV, Chrome Soft X) for that same reason. I don't need or want more spin on my shorter irons.

On course, this ball behaved very much like the AVX. It had a lower, piercing trajectory, the right amount of spin on long and short shots, and the durability was very good. I used the same ball for 17 holes with no issues. I threw in a second or third ball when I was a hole ahead of the group behind me (which was often). Overall, I'm very impressed and will make this my gamer for as long as I can get them.

Driver ball speed numbers next week.

I played Left Dot on Friday and Sunday. Still really like it - Get some nice spin off of my lower lofted irons and feels great off of the higher lofted irons.
I'm afraid that I addicted now and have no way of getting more - (A dozen is commonly selling for over $100 on eBay) .

I'm striking the ball a bit better from last week's spin testing. The human element always messes up my data haha.

5 iron
AVX
110 Ball speed / 5800 spin

Left Dot
111 / 5180

ProV1X
107 / 6900

Velocity
108 / 6000

Driver

AVX
148 / 3000

Left Dot
149 / 2900

ProV1X
147 / 3300

Velocity
147 / 3200

I'm a little disappointed in Titleist as these sold out in less than 24 hours and though I'm on their email list, no notifications have come my way regarding a re-issue

This ball interests me. I’ve been gaming Chrime Soft X LS and really like it. A few years ago at a Titleist event I was fit into the AVX and loved it on long game but short irons ans around the green it wasn’t my favorite. This left dot could fit right in.

Curious to see any comparisons to CSXLS

So now that I'm tired from all the strikes, I'm messing around with spin numbers with a little wedge shot shown here:

20211012_095117.jpg

So not a hard wedge at all, here is what I found:

AVX 7460
Left Dot 6450
ProV1X 8100
Velocity was all over the place, really weird.... maybe bargain ball problems.

This ball interests me. I’ve been gaming Chrime Soft X LS and really like it. A few years ago at a Titleist event I was fit into the AVX and loved it on long game but short irons ans around the green it wasn’t my favorite. This left dot could fit right in.

Curious to see any comparisons to CSXLS

I don't have the LS, just the Arnold palmer Xs.

I can't emphasize enough that I'm not world's best golfer here. I had a good day today so I can provide close to my best numbers. I hope you all can get a hold of these to try at some point.

I am really liking this ball. Which is a bummer since it is not readily available..

I'll add that the AVX seems to maintain more of its advertised properties on miss hits better than the Left Dot.

I won’t be surprised if they produce more of the left dot like they did with the left dash X. It’s way too popular not to.

A little bumpity on this one. Played this ball today in the cold with it's T100s cousin's driving. I was really impressed how it went through the wind and still was able to hold on the frozen greens. No need to try and fix the ball marks as it would have caused more damage.

I'm super excited to put this against the new stuff coming out.

I wish that these were available.

Back