CONTEST Live Update Thread – The 2023 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

When I blew out my 50 candles last year, i would have never believed I would be GD alumni this year!
IMG_0255.jpeg

Three months ago today, we were sitting in the Carlsbad Brewing Co. with Captain @Mmaynard11, waiting for the rest of the team to arrive and begin our amazing week at the Grandaddy. How time flies!

IMG_5743.JPG

Three months ago today, we were sitting in the Carlsbad Brewing Co. with Captain @Mmaynard11, waiting for the rest of the team to arrive and begin our amazing week at the Grandaddy. How time flies!

View attachment 9246173
Damn it!!! Where has the time gone! Miss all you fellas!!!

I look thin…😂

View attachment 9246173
I can practically taste the strawberry in my beer again.

Miss all you legends.
Wish we had more time.

I would pay a lot of money to play with you degenerates again. Miss you all!

Thinking Watching Tv GIF by Gogglebox Australia

Seeing the teaser today brought me back in here - what can they change to mix it up for the next iteration. This one was damn near perfect.

I almost busted out some moves in the parking lot at the grocery store.
IMG_2933.jpeg

On the eve of the new captain being named, I figured it was time for one last San Diego memory.

Our last night there was a late one, for some it didn't end. In hindsight, I should have stayed up till dawn that final night. I really didn't sleep, just laid there waiting for my alarm to go off. Those last couple hours, in the company of friends, is what I should have clung onto.

That morning when I finally did get moving around, pretty much everyone else was gone. Bryndom and I were the only ones still at the hotel.
I went to the lobby, grabbed breakfast, took it back to the room, and just sat there. Staring out the window. Staring at the sun.

I don't know if I have ever been so sad as I was that morning in San Diego. Not because we lost, but because the guys were gone, and the journey back to real life was starting again.

So with a new captain being named tomorrow, and new hopefulls starting their own journey, one last toast.

To Team Legacy, to Callaway, to THP, to all of you..... thank you for absolutely everything!!!!!

LLTG
#HYFY

On the eve of the new captain being named, I figured it was time for one last San Diego memory.

Our last night there was a late one, for some it didn't end. In hindsight, I should have stayed up till dawn that final night. I really didn't sleep, just laid there waiting for my alarm to go off. Those last couple hours, in the company of friends, is what I should have clung onto.

That morning when I finally did get moving around, pretty much everyone else was gone. Bryndom and I were the only ones still at the hotel.
I went to the lobby, grabbed breakfast, took it back to the room, and just sat there. Staring out the window. Staring at the sun.

I don't know if I have ever been so sad as I was that morning in San Diego. Not because we lost, but because the guys were gone, and the journey back to real life was starting again.

So with a new captain being named tomorrow, and new hopefulls starting their own journey, one last toast.

To Team Legacy, to Callaway, to THP, to all of you..... thank you for absolutely everything!!!!!

LLTG
#HYFY
Well said brother!!!!

LLTG
#HYFY
Love you too @Just_Brad

like @Just_Brad said a new Captain will be named tomorrow! This team and these guys will forever remain in my mind!!!
IMG_1266.jpeg

IMG_1263.jpeg

IMG_1260.jpeg

IMG_1257.jpeg

IMG_1254.jpeg

IMG_1251.jpeg

IMG_1248.jpeg

IMG_1244.jpeg

IMG_1241.jpeg

IMG_1238.jpeg

IMG_1387.jpeg

IMG_1375.jpeg

IMG_1235.jpeg

IMG_1401.jpeg

It was way too early why did I even sleep that night.

LLTG
#HYFY
Miss you, and the rest of the team too, @Just_Brad!

That final morning I had the lonely lobby solo blues. I made a comment then @Just_Brad and @Bryndom appeared.

I miss this thread. Really cool that there will be another live thread this year. It is going to be a blast watching @jlew and the team fill out.

Greatest amateur event ever. The people and equipment at Callaway are second to none. Grandaddy 11 is coming…

Definitely miss being out there with everyone!

Back