• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 21
Number 3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 18
After a long hard night of much needed sleep, I’m back to life - though still sore.

For those who have followed along you know how great of an experience this was for everyone involved. I have to say, as I can with most THP events, that this one blew expectations out of the water.

Beginning with the monumental amount of knowledge dropped on us in just a few short hours, we entered a world that I barely knew existed. The amount of fine-tunable data and engineering that goes into each shaft to create the perfect set up for an individual player is immeasurable. It’s easy to look at the spreadsheets, and shy away. But the ability of DB to eloquently put the tech talk into words that mere mortals can understand is what makes this so special. I felt like, just after a short briefing, when it came time to configure my shaft, I really understood what we were doing. What an experience!

The transition From working with Don on the computer on to working with Larry, who taught us to roll the shafts was seamless. Larry is one of the nicest, most easy going, and funniest people I have ever met. A lot of people in his position would probably get annoyed with a bunch of “tour VIPs” crowding around and touching everything. But not Larry. A truly great human being.

Before I go into the rest of this, I have to give a huge shout out to Mark, the graphic designer for putting up with us. He’s new, and I’m not quite sure he knew what he was in for when we bombarded him. I know, for certain, he wasn’t expecting me to show up with my own Illustrator file! But he hung tight, and I can say with absolute confidence, everyone got exactly what they wanted.

Most of everyone involved talked about golf at Aviara, so I won't really get into that. Golf at any THP event is top notch.

@AnthonyC you were the first person I met, so I’ll start with you. Anthony, you are a true gentleman, and I enjoyed every minute we got to hang out and chat. Coming from a world I know nothing of, I feel like you shared some great insights. I liked very much how you are so nonchalant about everything, it makes getting used to someone you’ve just met incredibly easy (I think I’m just the opposite!) Night/Drunk golf at Mission Bay was so much fun, and I can’t wait to tee it up with you again some time.

@Tenputt - the unassuming guy in the back of the room. Having got a chance to talk with you while we were at Mike Hess was eye opening. Listening to your story, I left with a feeling like I know who you are, rather than just a familiar name on the forum. I am sorry I didn’t get to spend more time with you, and am sad/jealous of you being out at Torrey Pines today. Have fun, and I will be sure to give you a call next time I’m in the great state of Utah.

@YukonLiving - Tyler, it is because of you that I now include “holy smokes” as part of my lexicon. I am embarrassed that so many of us (though I believe I was the first) felt the need to ask you about crime in Canada, as if it were somehow different than it is here. But you handled the question with a perfect response every time. You are the model of everything I think of our neighbors in the Great White North. Kind, and courteous. Friendly and full of life. You’re a heck of an athlete, and I miss spending time with you already.

@Jman - What can I say? Going in to this event, I had my reservations (I believe you did too,) but I couldn’t be happier that we finally had the chance to meet. Your love for life, and all things that make you happy are unrivaled. I’m certain I’ll see you again soon. You’ve got a friend in me for life.

@DB TT - Not that anyone has ever doubted you, but you know your stuff. I am honored to have met you. I never thought I would be able to understand shaft technology, but thanks to your explanations, I feel like I now may have the slightest inkling of how all this works. And if there’s anything else I can say it’s that MY SHAFT WORKS! I am going to send you a message later detailing a few things, but I am beyond pleased.

@McD TT - It was a real pleasure getting to spend the day with you on the course. Getting to know you a little outside of Don picking on you in the office. You really know your stuff, and I firmly believe you are the perfect man for the job.

@+7 KPTT Getting to know you over the last few days has been my pleasure. Talking movies, and playing crappy golf was a blast. You’re a killer player. Get out and practice more! If you’re ever looking to get out on the course, or just grab a drink while you’re in social, look me up.

Finally, THP, you’ve done it again. This was, without a doubt, a grand slam! Thank you for all of the effort that goes into these events. Thank you for the dinners, and thank you for the fun conversation. @JB I always enjoy our banter - even if you don’t. I’m happy I finally got to see you on my turf. @GolferGal I am so happy you came out. It’s always such a pleasure to spend time with you. You bring the kindness and the sanity everywhere you go. Til next time!

Safe Travels to all of those who are headed out. I genuinely hope we have the chance to meet again.

Also a big thank you to @Alez367 for doing your best to make us all feel comfortable in your home town. I’m sorry I didn’t get to see you. Sometimes life happens. I’ll see you soon.

Great time as always, the artist formerly known as pmm21.

Hole 7image.jpg

AnthonyC. 9th green. image.jpg

Just got caught up on the whole thread, looks an amazing experience for all THP events are spectacular.

Hole 12image.jpg

Hole 14image.jpg

Just noticed this! I wonder if it happened going through security... sigh.

Attachments

• B20BD53B-3055-458A-8119-B2E5505A4AA3.jpeg
    B20BD53B-3055-458A-8119-B2E5505A4AA3.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
Oh hell no!!

I’d be all sorts of pissed seeing that...
Yep, kind of disappointing. I’ll see what kind of thread we’ve got at home and try to put the stitches back though.

Yep, kind of disappointing. I’ll see what kind of thread we’ve got at home and try to put the stitches back though.
Shoot me your addy and I’ll mail you mine. No sweat. And yes I know it costs more to mail stuff up there haha

@AnthonyC @Tenputt That course is beautiful being right on the ocean! And another blue sky day!

How was the wind?

Shoot me your addy and I’ll mail you mine. No sweat. And yes I know it costs more to mail stuff up there haha

You are too kind. Thank you! ?

@AnthonyC @Tenputt That course is beautiful being right on the ocean! And another blue sky day!

How was the wind?

There was a breeze, but never really what I would say a real factor. It was about as perfect as weather could be right on the ocean.

My boy @AnthonyC hit some great iron shots today. He is particularly good with wedges. He loves to hit out of the sand, too. :ROFLMAO:

I seriously believe that with a few lessons, the guy would be breaking 80 regularly. But the better part is that he is a true gentleman and a kick to have as a golf partner for 18 holes on a world class course. You have to love Torrey Pines South.

My boy @AnthonyC hit some great iron shots today. He is particularly good with wedges. He loves to hit out of the sand, too. :ROFLMAO:

I seriously believe that with a few lessons, the guy would be breaking 80 regularly. But the better part is that he is a true gentleman and a kick to have as a golf partner for 18 holes on a world class course. You have to love Torrey Pines South.

Glad you liked my home course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@YukonLiving I wouldn't know, spent all my time on the beach. Not the good beach either. Tenputt was laughing in a good way.... he was amazed how much I hit the sand. I was born and raised at the jersey shore, I didnt need anymore sand in my life.

Glad you liked my home course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have played it before, but it has been a long time. I definitely remembered holes 1, 3 and 18. The pin placements were fairly diabolical today for a Saturday round.

Back