Live Update Thread: 2019 Small Batch Experience with Project X

Did you guys go check out the us open tee box on 13th?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did see it, roped off. The starter said most of the yardages arent correct either due to the renovation

The U.S. Open will be much more fun to watch now.

@YukonLiving I wouldn't know, spent all my time on the beach. Not the good beach either. Tenputt was laughing in a good way.... he was amazed how much I hit the sand. I was born and raised at the jersey shore, I didnt need anymore sand in my life.

Ha! Sounds like you had a great round though!

I only lost one ball though, I didnt realize that the canyon of doom and lost balls was such a canyon of doom and lost balls. #notmyhomecourse

Did that canyon happen to stretch out to Aviara? I left a few out there!

Recap!

Thanks to @JB And @GolferGal for a life changing experience. I never thought I'd ever make it to a place like San Diego, let alone a golf trip there. I'm thankful and grateful.

Thanks to True Sports Donavan, Keenan, Larry, and @DB TT . You are solid brothers doing solid brother things.

The experience alone was amazing, but the THP brothers are what made it even better. I spoke about how the fire service is a brotherhood, and that's one of thing I love about it; the thing is...THP is a brother and sisterhood as well. Golf is it's own language and sub culture, and therefore a brotherhood. This is most evident here on THP. What i took away from this event the most was just that:

@Space Bandito Peter, you are great. Thanks for meeting me so early and hanging out. Thanks for showing me the area (and its beers) and making me feel welcome. I feel like we have been friends for years. Thanks for the wicked awesome ball marker. When I need some custom work, I'll send it to my uncle peter. Night golf was a lot of fun. Thanks for everything, cant wait to see you again.

@YukonLiving Tyler you are everything great about a true gentleman and one badass mofo. Thanks for meeting us at night golf. You are a pleasure to be around unless you hit a hockey puck at me. Thanks for your home course ball mark. You are the first champion of True-lypics! I'm glad your first visit to the US was San Diego and not NJ. Be safe brother and stay warm.

@Jman James thanks for teaching me that the toilets flush different ways from east to west coast. Solid education. THP is lucky to have you as a writer. You are smart and chill, a rare combination. You are a solid guy with a solid game. Thanks for talking so much about so many things. I learned a lot from you. I'll see you at DB's bar in myrtle beach called Fuzzy Bunkers.

@Tenputt Craig you are a silent assassin of golf shots. Your game is on point. I had a great time playing both courses with you. I hope things go well for you. You are a class act and gentleman.

@DB TT Don, you are one of the best guys anyone could know. Safe travels and stay cool.

You all have a friend in NJ, a good friend. I hope to see you all sooner than later. Thanks for everything.

Torrey Pines is a tough course the first time you have played it in recent memory. Ironically, hole number 18 was probably the best for me. A 273 yard drive is something I will take any day. This is the potential for me with my new shaft from this event. Then, thank you, Epic Flash hybrid. The hybrid is a monster. Hole 18 is a reachable par 5, but it is guarded by a pond and the pin was tucked behind the pond today. But with two clubs that maximize my potential, I was able to be sitting right of the green in two and flip a wedge down for a two putt and, just like that, it was time to say goodbye to Torrey Pines. I will be back for sure. 8D216971-3941-470A-874F-635C94A65B1A.png

Last edited:
I'll throw another one in your shaft shipment.

That’s an awesome gesture by Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The final Small Batch Experience is in the books. When you get your shaft, start a thread on it and show it to the world.

Looks like it was another amazing event. This has always been one of my favorite concepts for an event, as it is just so unique. It's not uncommon (especially here) to win clothes, clubs, shafts, bags, and other swag, but a 1 for 1, made ONLY for you shaft WITH graphics that you design.....that's unheard of.

The final Small Batch Experience is in the books. When you get your shaft, start a thread on it and show it to the world.
Will be the hardest wait ever. But man, oh so worth it. Cant wait to see mine, it’s going to be classy and killer rolled into one.

Man, Tenputt is killing his custom small Batch shaft.

He hits it soooooooooo well!

It’s not even fair how much speed he generates with his swing. Ball flight is perfect with his creation

It’s not even fair how much speed he generates with his swing. Ball flight is perfect with his creation
Your are extremely generous in your praise. I felt like a car with no gas left in the tank today.

Got to catching up today finally. Great pics and updates, and I agreed with many those par 3s were especially stunning!

Looking forward to seeing the shaft designs!

Really really excited to hit mine on the home course tomorrow.

Will someone please post a picture or pictures of the final products and the matching shaft DNA and profiles. With a brief description of what ball flight is produced by the clubs and new Shaft combinations.

We are dying to see and read your impressions and results.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Will someone please post a picture or pictures of the final products and the matching shaft DNA and profiles. With a brief description of what ball flight is produced by the clubs and new Shaft combinations.

We are dying to see and read your impressions and results.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

They don't have their finished products yet. They have to be painted and then get shipped out.

Back