Live Update Thread & Contest - The 2016 HandCrafted Experience with Project X

itsOpeningDay and Kevin81002

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All those shafts look awesome!

I'm setting my goals to get to that event next year!

ASN, that shaft looks so awesome installed!

We're patiently waiting. :D

Opening day's film has been printed and O'Neil is working on Kevin's skull pattern.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I absolutely love this thread and event.

Opening day's film has been printed and O'Neil is working on Kevin's skull pattern.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Right on! Thanks Don.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we have a review thread up yet so I'll keep posting in here

We talk about how powerful the mind is, even when there's no good reason. This has manifested in one range session with the painted shaft vs the raw.

With the raw, I saw a strong tendency to go left, and a real need to slow my transition. When it clicked, huge beautiful drives. When it didn't, hooks. Also noticed the feel to be a little different. Not bad, just different.

I hit the painted shaft yesterday at the range. Huge high bombs. Could feel it perfectly everywhere in the swing. Center face contact consistently. I couldn't overpower if I tried, but certainly not too much for my slower swing.

I was able to play 7 holes before lightning spoiled my best laid plans. No warmup. None of these distances were gps'd; it's just based on card distance and approach distance.
1- ott pull draw. Finished in left rough, 245.
2- n/a didn't hit driver
3- tattooed dead straight high and pose worthy. 275 in a spot I've never been on that hole.
4- into a 1 club wind. Said I wanted to gently draw it off the right side of the fairway, and that's exactly what it did. Felt smashed, 255.
5- n/a par 3
6- #1 handicap hole on the course. 400 on the card, but I think it may have been playing shorter. Slight hurt, but hard off the right. There's water short, lots of trouble right, bunkers left. I tried to play a straight shot off the right to let the wind bring it back. I came ott a little and drew it, so it was a mid flight draw that ran out. 125 left in, so 275 per the card.
7- hard dogleg right. You can cut off lots of the hole by going straight at the pin but it brings ob into play. Wind was dead in. Got ahead of it but still caught it flush, wind took it and finished 105 out. It's 377 on the card but that's the long way. I think it was in the 230-240 range.

And looking down and address and seeing the subtle and awesome design elements added a whole different level that I didn't anticipate. It's so much fun to pull driver!

Good stuff Chris! How about you other guys? Had the new shaft out on the course yet?

Personally I still love pulling driver whenever possible and sometimes even when it's not a good idea. Haha! It makes me sad that my rounds of golf are dwindling fast with the weather and amount of light available these days.

Good stuff Chris! How about you other guys? Had the new shaft out on the course yet?

Personally I still love pulling driver whenever possible and sometimes even when it's not a good idea. Haha! It makes me sad that my rounds of golf are dwindling fast with the weather and amount of light available these days.

Unfortunately for me, driver confidence is at an all time low. I hit it 3-4 times I believe in my last round and I had one good shot. Combination of lessons and more range time should do the trick.

Patiently waiting. :D

But I absolutely love the bare shaft. Can't wait to see the painted one.

Still playing the raw shaft but I've pulled it out on a few Par 3 holes and knocked it on. If the hole is reading around 210+ or so I can just choke down a tad and take a smooth stroke. Much more confident in that club than my woods or hybrids.

Last round I pulled it out on 15 of 18 holes.

Can't wait to get the painted version in my bag!

Edit: Have bumped up my FIR% from 37.7% to 47.8% since I changed shafts

R8XUzTe.jpg

Still playing the raw shaft but I've pulled it out on a few Par 3 holes and knocked it on. If the hole is reading around 210+ or so I can just choke down a tad and take a smooth stroke. Much more confident in that club than my woods or hybrids.

Last round I pulled it out on 15 of 18 holes.

Can't wait to get the painted version in my bag!

Edit: Have bumped up my FIR% from 37.7% to 47.8% since I changed shafts

R8XUzTe.jpg

10% increase in fairways hit is no joke man. Congrats!

I have not hit the finished shaft yet. I had a Titleist adapter put on but I do not own a Titleist driver...YET. When one is purchased, I will be using my created shaft.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I have not hit the finished shaft yet. I had a Titleist adapter put on but I do not own a Titleist driver...YET. When one is purchased, I will be using my created shaft.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Uh oh. I see a 917 in someone's future.

I think this is the best I'm going to get. The finish on the shaft is awesome with this really cool sheen, but it's causing a glare for the pics that makes it tough to tell. In person it looks awesome. I guess y'all will just need to schedule a round to play with me and see it for yourself!

I love this picture of the birds in flight. They came out perfectly
24404534f091e482f4c2a3a188564d90.jpg

Closeup of the exclamation point. It asymmetrically wraps around the top 1/4 of the shaft. Really cool.
2acab20882c57eb98f629a41a8ccebbb.jpg

Underside of the top quarter with the top asymmetrical part of the exclamation point.
ed2ece6aa7c29d601674c05d79ce3e01.jpg

a4ed4cd131dfc457bc9fe31664eb6b2e.jpg

b1c81ff6765ff29bb77e148bcc4164fd.jpg

la hyem
918e0de45905fe7ae8af5a8d7bb8e59a.jpg

3512235ee8ec35f49e96f844dd4624b9.jpg

It's impossible to adequately express how grateful I am for this opportunity. The PX team made it spectacular. And THP members are the absolute best. Not only do I have the memories that I will keep special, but I have the amazing work of art that is perfectly crafted and fit to me! Unreal.

You know it's a great looking shaft when it even makes that Bridgestone Transformers head look good.

You know it's a great looking shaft when it even makes that Bridgestone Transformers head look good.

haha that head is very, um, different! but it's the best damn head for my game that i've ever tried. what did you think about the albatrosses (ok, they're just birds, so use your imagination!)

Another skins game tomorrow morning. I cleaned up a couple weeks ago with alot of help from my THCE raw shaft. Hopefully there's a repeat performance tomorrow. And hopefully I'll have the finished shaft to show off the next time I tee it up with these guys. :D

Pretty damn good showing from the painted shaft today. A couple bombs, but mostly just controlled and predictable drives in the fairway, a good 20-30y longer than what I'm used to seeing. What I love so much is how well the shaft climbs to its apex, even if I miss it a little low. I love the opportunity to hit driver.

Pretty damn good showing from the painted shaft today. A couple bombs, but mostly just controlled and predictable drives in the fairway, a good 20-30y longer than what I'm used to seeing. What I love so much is how well the shaft climbs to its apex, even if I miss it a little low. I love the opportunity to hit driver.

Good stuff Chris! I'm on my way out the door right now for my skins game. Hoping for mostly fairways today. :D

Good stuff Chris! I'm on my way out the door right now for my skins game. Hoping for mostly fairways today. :D

Hit the crap out of it! Really looking forward to seeing your finished product!

I haven't been able to use my shaft since it came in. It's killing me but life is just in the way right now.

But I have admired it quite a few times, it is just gorgeous.

Managed 11 dots today in the skins game. Drove the ball phenominal all day. Only missed 3 fairways all day and only one of those was driver. Just couldn't keep myself from missing approach shots left. It was thw par 5's that saved me today. Played the 4 par 5's at -3.

Back