CONTEST Live Update Thread: Shaft Up #3 with UST Mamiya

Thank you to all of the participants for the updates. It really looks like you got new (great) weapons in your bags!

Finally got caught up after a busy day.

Great playing Danny. And good job posting as you could @hedley_lamarr08 and @GLG20

Now that you have service and the photos are coming in, all I can say is wow. That course is sooooo pure right now.

There is a peacefulness of Dormie Club that is unrivaled by nearly every place I have been. I’m saddened I couldn’t be a part of it, but I’m so happy that two THPers got to experience it.

There is a peacefulness of Dormie Club that is unrivaled by nearly every place I have been. I’m saddened I couldn’t be a part of it, but I’m so happy that two THPers got to experience it.

Every event at a Dormie club looks better and better. Amazing places they have!

Was not able to follow along live for much of today and just got caught up. Great to follow along and thanks for taking us along for the ride. Every time I see this course I want to play it more and more.

Rumor has it, @hedley_lamarr08 hit his new driver incredibly well and pulled his old one a few times to make sure the trees on the right were paying attention. That’s brand commitment, because he needs to burn that thing with fire 🔥 fire 🔥
The decision was made yesterday but I know without a doubt I gained major yards. Its sitting off to the side to be traded in on a putter already. ;):)

Over the weekend I will read this entire thread and replay to everything along with some closing thoughts. I also have something to give away. :cool:

Over the weekend I will read this entire thread and replay to everything along with some closing thoughts. I also have something to give away. :cool:
Looking forward to it and thanks! 🔥

so just a little question.. the black eliminated anything right? is that what I'm gathering? Danny did the same thing with my fitting... haven't lived on the right side since election day!

I knew I would enjoy the new driver but had no clue that it would change the tee box so much for me. I've always had to set up for a big 40 yard draw. Now i have to remind myself to set up square to target and just pound it. I tried the Ping afterwards... I needed to know it was exactly where I needed to be. I never would have guessed 8F5 Black to be the shaft much less at 44.5 inches. I gained a lot even at shorter lenght. I'll recover any lost club head speed through mechanics. I can't recommend the Lin-Q lineup enough. I can also say @GLG20 was a much different golfer off the tee after the fit.

so just a little question.. the black eliminated anything right? is that what I'm gathering? Danny did the same thing with my fitting... haven't lived on the right side since election day!
Eliminated the left side of the course. I have a nice straight ball or slight fade on stock full swings. Carry is probably 20 yards more on flatter flight alone. Misses are now as good as my good shots with the other driver that is going to be traded tomorrow.

#Original2 😎

How far this event has come.

Thanks for showing these 2 Hackers an awesome time this week!!

And that’s a wrap. 5&4 The misfits couldn’t stay out of trouble and the cart shows. DL with the birdie to seal the deal. Both 5/4 for the misfits.
Good effort, misfits! Thanks for bringing us along!

I knew I would enjoy the new driver but had no clue that it would change the tee box so much for me. I've always had to set up for a big 40 yard draw. Now i have to remind myself to set up square to target and just pound it. I tried the Ping afterwards... I needed to know it was exactly where I needed to be. I never would have guessed 8F5 Black to be the shaft much less at 44.5 inches. I gained a lot even at shorter lenght. I'll recover any lost club head speed through mechanics. I can't recommend the Lin-Q lineup enough. I can also say @GLG20 was a much different golfer off the tee after the fit.
What DART shafts does @DannyLe have? How’d they stand up to your swing? I know you liked them but did you have to hold back any? Just curious since I haven’t been able to swing my DART 75F4 shafted 4i yet.

What DART shafts does @DannyLe have? How’d they stand up to your swing? I know you liked them but did you have to hold back any? Just curious since I haven’t been able to swing my DART 75F4 shafted 4i yet.
Danny has Mizuno Pro 225 with Recoil Dart F4 105g

They held up well. Spin with his 7 iron was 6900 instead of 7800. No ballooning. Felt really nice.

If anyone is wondering where the team name “Misfits” came from: we both said yesterday that now we only feel like one club fits us and that’s the driver. Threw it in there for a laugh.

They held up well. Spin with his 7 iron was 6900 instead of 7800. No ballooning. Felt really nice.
That’s impressive. I can’t wait until the weekend so I can test out my DART. The LinQ Black 6F4 has become more natural feeling and I’m still surprised how much extra I can give it.

Good stuff all!! Course looked just as nice as in the other pics and extremely happy that the drivers are on their way to being weapons!!!

As long as you all had a blast it doesn't even matter who won.

I wanted to win. Of course. I am disappointed in todays showing considering yesterday was much better especially in the evening time. I am not mad or upset in any way. I had an absolute blast with 2 good dudes on a world class course, with world class facilities, had excellent meals, new driver custom fit for me to swing away, and a flat out great experience. @DannyLe was pure class all the way through. He started chirping at me early:) @GLG20 was a great partner and an excellent person to share the event with. Only regret from the trip couldn't be helped is @JB getting sick. That sucked but nothing anyone could do about it. No way he or anyone goes to Dormie and avoids the golf course. A successful event would be putting it lightly

Back