CONTEST Live Update Thread - The 2024 GOAT Cup with Callaway Golf

For the record, the black and turquoise shaft doesn't scream a 18 handicap!

No, it screams "I have more disposable golf money than sense" and go to Club Champion :ROFLMAO: That said, I do drive the ball decent. And putt. Suck in between too often.

If your group doesn’t have to rake like 70 yards of that bunker did you even play 14?

What if you aim right and play a draw that doesn't draw enough and you play 14 from in or behind those trees instead? :unsure:

How did you find the roughs and bunkers? Playable or needing something special to save youself from them?

Light rough was very playable, less spin but very easy to get out of. The heavy weeds? Different story. Bunkers were well kept and soft. I only wound up in two bunkers. Got out of one ok and had a chance for a putt to get up and down and missed, but didn't get out of the the other short sided (we conceded that hole in Alt shot).

Finally all caught up. Saved pictures down. Going to print a couple, stick those and a scorecard and some other stuff in a frame and put it on the wall.

I'll pick a winner for the Team Brennan supporter boot ball marker later this week. Still a few more days for anyone interested.

Congrats!!

@Nappy on a winning streak!

Nap Attack keeps on winning! Think he said he’ll roll this streak into Shaft Up! Congrats @Nappy

How did you find the roughs and bunkers? Playable or needing something special to save youself from them?
The light rough wasn’t bad. It was always questionable once you get into the “out of the hole” area. The bunkers were well maintained and some high lipped. I smashed a hybrid from one at 200 out to the green so it’s lie dependent really.

The thick rough around the greenside is nasty and should be avoided at all cost!

Whoa! No way!!! Thanks THP and Callaway and all the guys in the GOAT Cup. Was a fun follow.
Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

Question to those who participated:

From the photos that were posted it appears to me that Briggs is a very minimalist layout; in other words it doesn't look like they moved a lot of dirt around to make the holes, but rather let the contours dictate the shape of the holes. Most of the bunkering appears to be rugged, with the fescue around the edges.

Please don't think I'm talking down about the course, because I would absolutely love to have the opportunity to play it someday. I'm just wondering how others would describe it?

Question to those who participated:

From the photos that were posted it appears to me that Briggs is a very minimalist layout; in other words it doesn't look like they moved a lot of dirt around to make the holes, but rather let the contours dictate the shape of the holes. Most of the bunkering appears to be rugged, with the fescue around the edges.

Please don't think I'm talking down about the course, because I would absolutely love to have the opportunity to play it someday. I'm just wondering how others would describe it?
It’s rolling and while they did use natural contour there was some extensive ground moved. All greens were elevated and perfectly edged. The conditions were excellent. They top dressed the greens and you could barely tell from a week earlier. It’s a very well designed course with little crazy surprises. Some pin placements could make it misery 😀

It’s rolling and while they did use natural contour there was some extensive ground moved. All greens were elevated and perfectly edged. The conditions were excellent. They top dressed the greens and you could barely tell from a week earlier. It’s a very well designed course with little crazy surprises. Some pin placements could make it misery 😀
Some of the greens did look like they could make you cry in the photos. I have no doubt that the conditioning was top notch, it is a Dormie course after all.

Some of the greens did look like they could make you cry in the photos. I have no doubt that the conditioning was top notch, it is a Dormie course after all.
If they double cut and double rolled them they could get to a 13-14 easy. Glad they didn’t. They were very receptive and spin would stop a Chrome Tour pretty quick. Sometimes way quicker than I expected

If they double cut and double rolled them they could get to a 13-14 easy. Glad they didn’t. They were very receptive and spin would stop a Chrome Tour pretty quick. Sometimes way quicker than I expected
I find one benefit/byproduct of having greens that can operate in those conditions tend to roll very true which is an absolute pleasure to hit putts on.

Back