Long putter, belly putter or traditional...what works for you?

None of them really but lately I have some found pretty good success with a traditional blade of all things.

I think the blade is underrated... I also feel like my best putting comes with a blade.

I think the blade is underrated... I also feel like my best putting comes with a blade.

Yah I had always heard stay away feom them, you need a mallet, etc. I finally said my putting couldnt any worse zo I bought one from member blugold and my putting has improved tenfold.

I game a 8802-style at my parents place and 33" SeeMore (in sig) at home. I really like the blade style putter, but I'm in love with centershaft putters now. I played a 48" Yes Emma CS for a year last season, and just never fell into the groove, I putted decent with it, but just couldn't get that magic. Moved to the SeeMore at the end of March and it has found that magic.

Same here. Despite all the tech talk of mallets having a higher MOI and being more forgiving I still putt my best with an Anser-style putter.

I feel restricted using long putters (belly or broomstick) so I love and will stick with traditionals, blades because the mallets feel too heavy and uncontrolable.

Last edited:
I'm starting to shy away from the belly putter. I had one of the worst putting rounds ever because I cant hit long putts with it on slower greens. Next few rounds are probably going to be with a traditional style putter.

Back