Malaysia Airlines plane goes missing

I don't know how they determined this was plane wreckage from the pics they showed.

I don't know if they said "this is plane wreckage" as much as Australia said "this debris is big enough that it maybe plane wreckage."

Part of me also thinks that Australia just let every country know how good it's radar systems actually are.

The conspiracy theories on this one is quite interesting to read. I have read some pretty far fetched ruminations.

one of the retired FBI guys said this morning that they may have made the images look worse so as not to give away how good a picture there satellites can take

one of the retired FBI guys said this morning that they may have made the images look worse so as not to give away how good a picture there satellites can take

Tom Clancy would have a blast writing a kickass Jack Ryan story off of this whole thing.

I don't know if they said "this is plane wreckage" as much as Australia said "this debris is big enough that it maybe plane wreckage."

Part of me also thinks that Australia just let every country know how good it's radar systems actually are.

The plane was never close enough to Australia to be seen by radar... Radar is only good for about 250 miles.

The problem with the debris, is this part of the ocean is a conjunction of two major ocean currents and debris can congregate there. I've seen "debris fields" on the ocean made up of hundreds of individual pieces of debris floating in a giant raft, that were dispersed the next day due to wave, wind and currents.

I hope they have a much higher resolution image they just are not showing us.

The conspiracy theories on this one is quite interesting to read. I have read some pretty far fetched ruminations.

Did you see the latest one was a "Black Hole" is the culprit? I laughed pretty hard at that one.

Did you see the latest one was a "Black Hole" is the culprit? I laughed pretty hard at that one.

Aliens...... definitely aliens.

Aliens...... definitely aliens.

I'm going with the pilot was a zealot and steered the plane to an undisclosed location for future terrorist use.....I really feel for the families of the passengers.

I think it was work of the Malaysian Triangle.

I still don't believe it was terrorist act. Someone or group would have come up by now. Terrorist want to be known esp. if they are going down with the plane. Just not buying that avenue till a fact says otherwise.

Just a terrible thing either way.

The plane was never close enough to Australia to be seen by radar... Radar is only good for about 250 miles.

The problem with the debris, is this part of the ocean is a conjunction of two major ocean currents and debris can congregate there. I've seen "debris fields" on the ocean made up of hundreds of individual pieces of debris floating in a giant raft, that were dispersed the next day due to wave, wind and currents.

I hope they have a much higher resolution image they just are not showing us.

GMA was talking this morning that Australia has an "over the horizon" radar system that was good for 2000 miles according to Australia. This information lets the cat out of the bag that it may be better than that

I think it was work of the Malaysian Triangle.

I still don't believe it was terrorist act. Someone or group would have come up by now. Terrorist want to be known esp. if they are going down with the plane. Just not buying that avenue till a fact says otherwise.

Just a terrible thing either way.

I agree, but I don't think the plane "went down"... I'm of the mind that it is safely grounded waiting to be used.

I agree, but I don't think the plane "went down"... I'm of the mind that it is safely grounded waiting to be used.

I don't know landing a 777 some where then hiding it & keeping 230 people from ever getting off a text or call, that is tough for me to believe

I've heard that theory but then I heard the stories of older 747's that you can buy with the right connects that would be a little less dramatic than doing it this way. Also, if they wanted a big plane with the thought of putting something on it to carry out something later on, there are also cargo planes out there that would be a lot easier to steal or purchase and would keep them off the "radar".

I really have no real opinion on this, but I was just thinking that buying 2 plane tickets (assuming it's the 2 people with the stolen passports) is a lot cheaper than buying a plane on the black market. And if you are planning to do something with that plane as bad as what people are speculating then taking 200+ hostages isn't that big of a deal. Plus you would assume, if they did hijack the plane, then they confiscated all cell phones and probably destroyed them, so no one would be able to get a call out. But sadly, if they really did do that, my guess is those people are no longer alive anyhow. It's so sick to think about. I am also realizing I watch too much TV to come up with these thoughts.

I've heard that theory but then I heard the stories of older 747's that you can buy with the right connects that would be a little less dramatic than doing it this way. Also, if they wanted a big plane with the thought of putting something on it to carry out something later on, there are also cargo planes out there that would be a lot easier to steal or purchase and would keep them off the "radar".

Okay, #1 scared that you know A LOT about the black market of commercial airplanes :)

But seriously I agree there are probably easier ways to get a plane, but the pilot seems to be the x-factor here and because if that any common sense actions have to be discounted IMO

I'm sorry. I just don't buy it.

That's fine. I've played too much Call of Duty not to. Because that's real life :bulgy-eyes:

I really have no real opinion on this, but I was just thinking that buying 2 plane tickets (assuming it's the 2 people with the stolen passports) is a lot cheaper than buying a plane on the black market. And if you are planning to do something with that plane as bad as what people are speculating then taking 200+ hostages isn't that big of a deal. Plus you would assume, if they did hijack the plane, then they confiscated all cell phones and probably destroyed them, so no one would be able to get a call out. But sadly, if they really did do that, my guess is those people are no longer alive anyhow. It's so sick to think about. I am also realizing I watch too much TV to come up with these thoughts.
So these 2 guys with the stolen passports gained access to the cockpit, took that over while the other one controlled the other 270 passengers? If something like that was to occur things would have to play out so perfectly, no hickups, no mistakes, perfect planning and a bunch of other people to help with the control.

So these 2 guys with the stolen passports gained access to the cockpit, took that over while the other one controlled the other 270 passengers? If something like that was to occur things would have to play out so perfectly, no hickups, no mistakes, perfect planning and a bunch of other people to help with the control.

You need to watch more TV, it can happen. ; )

I thought they already confirmed that the 2 guys with stolen passports were no longer under investigation?

Okay, #1 scared that you know A LOT about the black market of commercial airplanes :)

But seriously I agree there are probably easier ways to get a plane, but the pilot seems to be the x-factor here and because if that any common sense actions have to be discounted IMO

Like you, I'm getting all my information from other news sources where the "speculation" on certain events grows and grows. One theory gets put out there and then 10 come out to try and put it down.

You need to watch more TV, it can happen. ; )

I'm already on record in saying I think Jack Bauer was on that plane somehow and he landed it safely somewhere. He just hasn't gotten to a phone yet.

No matter what happens the Pilot will def take the blame, they are already putting pieces in place, Flight Simulator, deleted history...all that is left is they piece the deleted history back together & its similar to "possible" flight paths

Back