As others have stated, using the ones with the ridge I get my ball teed up at the same height every time. That is important to me. They are extremely durable, in fact I have never broken one.

I had a single Martini Tee which saw 4 countries and over 1000 holes. Then it decided to jump off a cliff....Ha

I've been using the same one for almost 2 years now. And I don't mean style or brand I mean literally the same tee.
Funny enough 5 months after this post I was playing in a horse race deal, we have 24 players standing around watching as I proceed to pop up my drive about 200 ft up in the air and about 40 yards toward the fairway. Not only was it emabarassing but I snapped my tee in half and at the same time. Then managed to break 2 more in the next 2 months. Now we're about 6 months in with this latest one so have a long way to go.

I’ve secured a railroad spike and cheap driver for an “experiment” in honor of @Jman I’ll post on the durability soon.

I love my Martini Tees. Do they improve my drives? Who knows, but they seem to last forever. My only complaint about them is they don't fit in the tee holder in the EZGO carts.
It conforms to the USGA ,R&A for tournament play so it could not have noticeable influence on ball flight.
However, if, you bend the tee slightly and tilt it towards the direction you wish to influence the ball flight, if the bent is pointing to where you want the ball flight to start, when the driver face contact near the bottom of the martini cup instead of the ball, the whole cup where it contact the golf ball supposed to send off the golf ball.
If you drill a tiny hole near the bottom of the cup and put a thin thread through it ( or yarn ), it will limit the distance the tee would travel and easier to be found.

They’re not at all for me, I just can’t stand them personally. But, I play with a couple of older gentlemen who they’re perfect for as it really makes it easier for them to get the ball on the peg, so I respect the tees for that!

I just switched to them a few months ago and love them. I don't have any illusions that it "helps" anything, other than the fact that my ball is teed at the exact same height every time, it's easy to balance the ball on the tee, and they're virtually unbreakable. The one advantage might be that on windy days, they hold the ball more stable so it's not sitting there oscillating on the tee while you're getting ready to hit. I bought them in bright neon yellow, so they're almost impossible to lose.
I found putting the ball on the tee is alot easier with these Martini Tees. The deeper, larger head seems to help.

As for durability, I've only used one for 6 holes. Still looks as good as new. This tend to make me agree with what others have posted.

That said I've been using the same 3 brush tees for the past 6 months in three different lengths. This also include driving range practices.

Last edited:
Martini tees are the best invention in golf. Period. Bottom line.

I was introduced to them 4 years ago by a 70yo lady on the driving range. She seemed panicked. I asked what was wrong. She looked at me wide eyed and blurted out "I lost my TEE!" Like a knight on a white horse, I said "No Problem" and reached into my pocket and offered her a wooden peg. Looking at me if as if she was trying to determine if I had developmental challenges, she said "It is a MARTINI TEE!" About that time, I saw her face soften, much like a puppy when a thorn is pulled from its' paw. She spotted her beloved; picked it up and showed it to me. Still slow on the uptake, I said it's a tee. She pulled me close and caressed my bearded cheek while breathily whispering into my ear "It is much more that that dear." She reached her French manicured cougar paw into her golf bag and produced a crimson Martini tee. She placed the tee in my hand, placed her hand over mine and closed it tightly. She withdrew and smiled as she placed her clubs in the trunk of her Cadillac. Driving off quickly, I only had a light scent of Chanel No 5 and a tee to recall our encounter. If only another time, she may have been my soulmate...

I played that tee for almost two years, through thick and thin. It aged as I did, turning from a deep red to a pinkish red hue. I was on a 9 hole dog track in Florida when it happened. I piped a nice drive and looked down to gather my beloved. Then I saw it. The Horror... In two pieces was my tee. I dropped to my knees and thrust my outstretched arms into the air. A guttural NOOOOOO reverberated over the course.

As for me, only one tee will do; and that tee my friend is a Martini.

Last edited:
I found putting the ball on the tee is alot easier with these Martini Tees. The deeper, larger head seems to help.

As for durability, I've only used one for 6 holes. Still looks as good as new. This tend to make me agree with what others have posted.

That said I've been using the same 3 brush tees for the past 6 months in three different lengths. This also include driving range practices.

I’ve returned from a trip to Portugal on Thursday morning there where I hardly missed a fairway with my driver and also won the longest drive.

Honestly can’t believe these things are legal! I am a reasonably long hitter off the tee generally, but dispersion can be all over the place. I reckon I was gaining about 20-25 yards average and the ball went where I wanted it to go.

Thank you sir.

I’ve returned from a trip to Portugal on Thursday morning there where I hardly missed a fairway with my driver and also won the longest drive.

Honestly can’t believe these things are legal! I am a reasonably long hitter off the tee generally, but dispersion can be all over the place. I reckon I was gaining about 20-25 yards average and the ball went where I wanted it to go.

Thank you sir.
No problem. Glad they are working out for you. How's the durability?

On another not. I found that WalMart has a sort of "knick off" made out of the same material. Perhaps you have a like store in your part of the world

I have seen these advertised but I've never seen one of these on course.

On another not. I found that WalMart has a sort of "knick off" made out of the same material. Perhaps you have a like store in your part of the world
Fair warning - I don't know if all the knockoff brands are the same, but the ones my buddy tried were terrible for durability. Nowhere near as durable as the real thing.

I've broken one Martini tee in the last 7 months, and it was 100% my fault. It was such a craptastic swing - I don't know how you can fit a whole driver head underneath a ball, but there I was...

Broke another one since December. Every one I've broken has been on a ridiculous skyball. Lucky for the infinity face so no skymark on the club just the broken tee and a lousy shot.

Fair warning - I don't know if all the knockoff brands are the same, but the ones my buddy tried were terrible for durability. Nowhere near as durable as the real thing.

I've broken one Martini tee in the last 7 months, and it was 100% my fault. It was such a craptastic swing - I don't know how you can fit a whole driver head underneath a ball, but there I was...
Exactly, that's the only way I've done it.

We have a chain of supermarkets called Asda who are owned by WalMart, but we don’t get anything like the variation of products available in the USA.
They’re definitely durable. My usual tees are 90% of the time snapped or split on each tee shot.

Thank you once again.

Ok I'm curious and just picked some step up ones up off of eBay.

I got a pack of Martini’s for Christmas. I like them best for driver and 3-wood tee shots. Everything else I will
use a standard wooden tee.

I got a pack of Martini’s for Christmas. I like them best for driver and 3-wood tee shots. Everything else I will
use a standard wooden tee.

Now that is a first for me, I have never seen a Martini tee used for an iron shot. I only use them for the driver. Regular wooden tees for everything else.

Has anyone had problems with their shots while using Martini tees? I started using them this week and found a wicked slice at the same time. Might be coincidence, but I haven't consciously changed anything with my swing or grip. I think I'll just go back to my regular tees.

Has anyone had problems with their shots while using Martini tees? I started using them this week and found a wicked slice at the same time. Might be coincidence, but I haven't consciously changed anything with my swing or grip. I think I'll just go back to my regular tees.

Sounds like just a bad day on the course. Hard to blame a wicked slice on a tee.

Actually, it was four rounds! :(

My buddies and I all use them for driver shots. Agree with everyone that they last a long time.

Frustrating when you lose one or forget to pick it up.

I prefer the plain one. One of my friends prefers the step tee.

Have some shorter ones but don’t like them as much. Tend to fly out of the ground and get lost much easier.

Haven’t notice any increase or loss of distance or accuracy using them.

Just like not having to carry as many tees in the bag.

Back