Matte vs Glossy Crown?

Matte. I hate having the sun's reflection come off my clubs.

I prefer a glossy finish. Glare off woods is never something I’ve had an issue with in my years though.

Used to love matte, now it just looks like a dated fad.

Matte all day, erv' day

Currently using a gloss head but preference is matte. If I could get my hands on a Callaway 816 dbd head in mint condition I’m pretty sure it would be my gamer again

Glossy

My driver is matte but fairways and hybrid are glossy. Prefer the matte look if I have to make a choice but honestly both are fine to me.

Matte over gloss for glare.

I’ve said before , like a new car in showroom , gloss black , amazing to leer and lust after .. but the glare from sun makes life difficult , hence the introduction of lesser level of lustre on clubs . The matte finish is my preference to play with in contrast and functional sense, aesthetics the gloss, is marginal winner.

Now if we could get them to build a club with choice of finish like a car ,,,

Matte all the way, I don’t like the glare from a glossy finish

I prefer a matte crown but the glossy didn't stop me from my last purchase.

I prefer matte over glossy, but don't really care a whole lot either way

Matte finish for me, just like the way it looks and minimizes reflections

I can play either, but as a few THPers have expressed, anything but white.

Glossy they just look so good.

Just for looks I prefer glossy, but my Radspeed is matte.

Never played a matte club yet so for now still team glossy.

I like matte but prefer the sharp look of a glossy driver.

Matte all the way

I’m normally a glossy guy but this year the matte peacoat on my Cobra RADSpeed is pretty awesome

I've played both, but prefer matte every day of the week.

Give me matte on every wood!
The XB peacoat finish has to be one of best looking matte finishes I have seen. That being said, I don't sway either way. Either is fine with me.

Last edited:
I don’t really care. I might give a slight edge to matte solely from an aesthetic viewpoint, but I’m playing a glossy head now and am enjoying it.

I love matte when it is new. But glossy seems to hold up better for me in the long run.

I'm probably glossy as it looks new but I have had both and they both fit the bill.

Back