It's funny to me that you really like the legs. I went with an easy fabrication set up, as I hadn't done table legs before.

Two squares out of 2" square tubing is about as easy as it gets. There's one tube running the length of the table holding the legs together.

The top is loosely fastened to the legs and support at six points, and the bottom of the slab isn't finished so it won't crack if it expands and contracts.

My wife LOVES the legs, so I pretend it was really hard and I did math to pick the exact size that would look best.....

:p

I absolutely do like the legs and believe their shape/size is a great match for the top (as are the chairs).
My "old school cool" comment was in reference to your story about trading with the wood finishing guy, which is the kind of deal that is great, but these days rarely seems to happen anymore.

I absolutely do like the legs and believe their shape/size is a great match for the top (as are the chairs).
My "old school cool" comment was in reference to your story about trading with the wood finishing guy, which is the kind of deal that is great, but these days rarely seems to happen anymore.

Yeah, it's funny how many friends you have though when you've got a welder.

I ended up making a bunch of legs for the guy to make slab benches with too.FB_IMG_1542769294545.jpg

Heirloom quality !
He actually took little walnut slabs and did live edge benches. He finished the legs in black.

I was impressed with how much people will pay for that.

View attachment 8918024View attachment 8918025

The art show went well, so I'm making inventory for the next one.
I wish I had an artistic eye, unfortunately only my wife was blessed with it. One of the first things I built was a 7’x 3’ table. All 2” steel tubing frame, with 1/2” thick slats welded on top 1-1/8” for clamps. And a 2’ flat section on the end. Approx 700lbs and will last a lifetime. Looking forward to seeing more of your work! B7CEC09F-0771-4649-A665-8C07BFAEA9C3.jpeg0D3B48D6-BC22-42C5-92E9-B3E0AC79BD96.jpegDC54F71C-47F3-40C6-A9AC-2757EA94DF96.jpeg902BCE4A-8126-4C06-8BD6-194AE3A86E3C.jpeg
A157FD6F-8173-4455-AD09-39A58EF0C97D.jpeg

IMG_20191214_210703737.jpg

I made a stand to hold wands at art shows. I've been told to bring more Harry Potter oriented stuff, and it all usually sells quick, so I figured why not????

I wish I had an artistic eye, unfortunately only my wife was blessed with it. One of the first things I built was a 7’x 3’ table. All 2” steel tubing frame, with 1/2” thick slats welded on top 1-1/8” for clamps. And a 2’ flat section on the end. Approx 700lbs and will last a lifetime. Looking forward to seeing more of your work! View attachment 8918228
Weld game is ?????

Got a new squirt gun today. :D??

First time in this thread but there is some awesome stuff in here guys! Well done

Oops. Forgot the pic of the new machine...
20200204_100045.jpg

Scout Knife 1.jpgscout knife 2.jpg

Completed my 3rd knife handmade from scratch. Overall I am very happy with the finished results. Definitely has a few flaws as I couldnt get the finishing touches as smooth and polished as I wanted but that will come with time and practice.

Ill be giving this to one of our scout leaders as he moves on to a troop with his son.

View attachment 8926883View attachment 8926884

Completed my 3rd knife handmade from scratch. Overall I am very happy with the finished results. Definitely has a few flaws as I couldnt get the finishing touches as smooth and polished as I wanted but that will come with time and practice.

Ill be giving this to one of our scout leaders as he moves on to a troop with his son.
That's awesome. What kind of metal did you start with? There are some knife crafters in the Smokies that I shop with and I love hearing their stories about going to the junk yard and digging out metal to forge into the knife blade.

That's awesome. What kind of metal did you start with? There are some knife crafters in the Smokies that I shop with and I love hearing their stories about going to the junk yard and digging out metal to forge into the knife blade.

This one was from O1 steel. My equipment is VERY basic so Im going with good easy to use steels and simplistic designs for now.

Very cool. I haven't even fired up the new squirt gun yet. I'm still waiting for my buyer to get my bottles for it. I have and use my tig machine a ton though.

That's awesome what y'all are doing. The only thing I'd be successful at is giving myself a sunburn and setting myself on fire:ROFLMAO:

I really think the dinosaur wrench is cool

View attachment 8938128

Made this today, as I gave the one in my office at the hospital to a patient. It has special meaning, as I made it on the day golf courses opened in MN during the coronapocalypse of 2020.....
These sure are a great idea!

IMG_20200418_194147173.jpg

Imitation is flattering. Feel free to use the design. I got the idea after seeing the skiers made from railroad spikes.

Coronapocalypse. I like it.

My wife and I are referring to it now as either “The Vid”, or “The 19”

Looking to pick up a mig this year to start on my Rat frame. But I'm more excited to make all the bracketry by hand. I love seeing all this repurposed material

Back