Miami Beach Cracks Down On Spring Break

Thrillbilly Jim

No Diddy! No Doubt!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter

Have you seen it the last couple of years? Pure chaos I'm not shocked.

Really well done. Hopefully things can change for the better.

Panama City cracked down on spring break a few years ago.

Lol, Miami not wanting partiers...they realize that they are still Miami right?

about 10 news outlets running the same thread this morning. Lets see what happens from now until the end of March

I went to Fort Lauderdale for SPB in 1985. One guy died my week diving off the third floor balcony into a pool; he missed. This was apparently after a string of deadly accidents. Lauderdale changed in 1986.

Now we are talking about shutting down related to people trying to hurt others. past time.

Miami in 6 months

Panama City cracked down on spring break a few years ago.
Yup. I'm from PC. Grew up in the 80-90s when it was the capital of Spring Break. MTV was there, massive television coverage... the population would go from 40,000 to close to a million for the month of March. Man those were the days. Booze, chicks, and fun times were easy to come by. Huge money made, and then slowly it wasn't so fun for the locals anymore. The crowd coming in was rougher, rowdier, and went from drunken shenanigans to hard drugs and a few kids dying every year. Conscious decision was made to move in a different direction. Same things in the video. Tougher law enforcement, raised prices to make it less attractive, curfews. It works. Some people still head there, but it's nothing close to the heyday.

I expect the same for Miami, but unfortunately there will be another city waiting with ideas to get that money and it will start all over. Just ask Daytona, Corpus Christi, or any of the others that have been down that path. The location doesn't matter, it's a generation/time of life problem that has only gotten worse as time goes on.

Yup. I'm from PC. Grew up in the 80-90s when it was the capital of Spring Break. MTV was there, massive television coverage... the population would go from 40,000 to close to a million for the month of March. Man those were the days. Booze, chicks, and fun times were easy to come by. Huge money made, and then slowly it wasn't so fun for the locals anymore. The crowd coming in was rougher, rowdier, and went from drunken shenanigans to hard drugs and a few kids dying every year. Conscious decision was made to move in a different direction. Same things in the video. Tougher law enforcement, raised prices to make it less attractive, curfews. It works. Some people still head there, but it's nothing close to the heyday.

I expect the same for Miami, but unfortunately there will be another city waiting with ideas to get that money and it will start all over. Just ask Daytona, Corpus Christi, or any of the others that have been down that path. The location doesn't matter, it's a generation/time of life problem that has only gotten worse as time goes on.
It happened here too (Havasu). MTV did Spring Break here one year and it became "the spot" for spring breakers. It got completely stupid for a couple years and attracted a lot of undesirable elements, causing lots of problems. The city responded by cracking down hard, and the reputation here became "Come on vacation, leave on probation". It has since leveled out to a somewhat happy middle ground, but the level of stupid still ebbs and flows.

Love it and hope it works to change things for the better

I have zero problem with it. The kids are being scumbags and that doesn’t really make the money worth the trainwreck
Spring Breakers have already descended on Siesta Key, and my go to Publix is the closest. Ugh.

You can blame that stupid reality show for that one.
Without a doubt the fakest thing I have ever witnessed. It was sooooo bad.

I never watched it, but I always saw previews. I love a good trash reality show, but even that was too much for me haha.
Oh, I didn’t watch. But a lot of places in Siesta Village would be shut down for filming, paying extras to stand in, etc. it was 1000% staged and not even close to being real.

Just burn it down.
Burning down a Publix is a class A capital felony in Florida punishable by having your info posted to all residents so they can do as they see fit with you. Never mess with a Floridian's access to a PubSub.

OMG ! Miami closed, kids forced to visit family......best thing ever for Florida. The bestest half an I anniversary is 22 March, we tried to go somewhere for the week the first couple of years, decided to no go anywhere because they were always to many issues at the beaches

OMG ! Miami closed, kids forced to visit family......best thing ever for Florida. The bestest half an I anniversary is 22 March, we tried to go somewhere for the week the first couple of years, decided to no go anywhere because they were always to many issues at the beaches
WE just wait until around the 1st of April, safe and so much less stress

Burning down a Publix is a class A capital felony in Florida punishable by having your info posted to all residents so they can do as they see fit with you. Never mess with a Floridian's access to a PubSub.
Depends if the deli is slow. Sometimes it’s allowable.

Back