So, Wie was rocking this getup in China

CStx7qCUsAAYbUs.jpg:large

With these terrifying things:

nike-golf-blazer-michelle-wie-high-tops.jpg

Thoughts? I think they look ridiculous.
I could see my daughter wanting to rock a pair on the course!

I agree that she hasn't really realized her potential just yet, but as Barry said, injuries never help. I wouldn't call her "all flash" any more than I'd call Rickie Fowler all flash - they're both the same age (26), and Rickie has 5 pro wins (3 PGA Tour, 1 Euro, 1 Other) while Michelle has 4 (all LPGA Tour). And Rickie hasn't had any injuries that I'm aware of, but he doesn't have a major yet, while Wie does.

To be clear, I'm not bashing on Rickie at all, just pointing out that I've never heard you call Rickie all flash (correct me if wrong) and yet in some ways he has a less impressive resume at this point than Michelle.

She still has a lot of great golf in her if she decides to dedicate her time to golf. She's the same age as Rory and Rickie even though she's been on the scene a lot longer.

I think the putting thing is no different than when the claw first appeared. Wie could not putt. She figured out a way that worked for her. It is all about getting the ball in the hole. Who cares what it looks like.

The shoes Nike made to provide more support for her injured ankle around Evian last year. If you believe what was reported. That being said I like the shoes. If they made a male version I would probably rock them.

I agree that she hasn't really realized her potential just yet, but as Barry said, injuries never help. I wouldn't call her "all flash" any more than I'd call Rickie Fowler all flash - they're both the same age (26), and Rickie has 5 pro wins (3 PGA Tour, 1 Euro, 1 Other) while Michelle has 4 (all LPGA Tour). And Rickie hasn't had any injuries that I'm aware of, but he doesn't have a major yet, while Wie does.

To be clear, I'm not bashing on Rickie at all, just pointing out that I've never heard you call Rickie all flash (correct me if wrong) and yet in some ways he has a less impressive resume at this point than Michelle.

rickie battled a back injury in 2013.

He was all flash and I was not in his corner. The last two years have shown me a great deal as it pertains to RF. I think he goes on a role from here on in. A couple wins a year and a few majors. His clothing choices have calmed down and he seems very focused.

I agree MW has had lots of injuries but I also think they have really tried to market her to the younger audience and as a result her focus has not been as pin point as I would expect. I thought the major would teach her how to win more. Just haven't see it.

I agree MW has had lots of injuries but I also think they have really tried to market her to the younger audience and as a result her focus has not been as pin point as I would expect. I thought the major would teach her how to win more. Just haven't see it.

I think it's a combo of her and Nike trying to market both the younger generation and even young women to play the game...

If it gets more people into the game by someone wearing something different then I'm all for it- it's what made me like RF, he was different, and I think we'll see her change over time

And then there is that!

He was all flash and I was not in his corner. The last two years have shown me a great deal as it pertains to RF. I think he goes on a role from here on in. A couple wins a year and a few majors. His clothing choices have calmed down and he seems very focused.

I definitely agree Rickie seems more focused, but they definitely also market him pretty hard to the young'uns even now. I agree I thought it would teach her to win more, but I never got the sense she wasn't focused.

At any rate, I'm very excited and hopeful as to what both players will do for the game.

She's hot. She plays golf. And she looks real hot playing golf. Who cares if she's any good. Lol

As an Ok State fan, I've rather enjoyed Rickie's "flash" in his Sunday orange outfits. Don't care for the flat billed hats he wears, but that's just me.

Those high tops are brutal .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those high tops are brutal .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baffling. They think they look cool wearing them.

Curious what Callaway is paying her vs what they were paying Lydia Ko? For the US market it is probably a wash between the two (although I could be wrong) with Lydia probably have bigger appeal worldwide.

I like this a lot for callaway.

Is she competitive these days?

Curious what Callaway is paying her vs what they were paying Lydia Ko? For the US market it is probably a wash between the two (although I could be wrong) with Lydia probably have bigger appeal worldwide.

I would argue that.
Good conversation in the LPGA moves the needle thread.
Certainly not scientific, but she has 5 times the following on social media, and has been irrelevant on the tour.
Nothing to lose in my opinion. If she wins, you saved her career. If she loses, its what she has been doing.
And she can make Sports Center, where the LPGA rarely visits.

I would argue that.
Good conversation in the LPGA moves the needle thread.
Certainly not scientific, but she has 5 times the following on social media, and has been irrelevant on the tour.
Nothing to lose in my opinion. If she wins, you saved her career. If she loses, its what she has been doing.
And she can make Sports Center, where the LPGA rarely visits.

I actually think Wie has much more upside than Ko does as I think many more casual sports fans recognize her and her name over Ko. What I am referencing is current "buzz". Ko has been winning steadily the last 2 years, Wie hasn't done anything other than go to some goofy putting stance and wear shoes that JRod doesn't approve of.

Again I have no real idea, just curious as Callaway essentially traded one LPGA player for another and I am guessing will be paying Wie much less than Ko is getting from PXG.

Back