Mitsubishi Chemical MMT Iron Shafts

Is there a steel shaft that you could compare it to?

Hmmm... I will honestly have to think about that.. It was for sure better and more responsive than say a C taper or pro X. but produced a very similar ball flight to those. Flat, strong and slightly lower spin.

If I had to pick a steel shaft I would probably compare it feel wise to something like a KBS tour or maybe the $ taper..

Last edited:
Hmmm... I will honestly have to think about that.. It was for sure better and more responsive than say a C taper or pro X. but produced a very similar ball flight to those. Flat, strong and slightly lower spin.

If I had to pick a steel shaft I would probably compare it feel wise to something like a KBS tour or maybe the $ taper..
$ Taper you say? Hmm, interest level intensifies...

I got to hit these shafts in the 105 TX version today for the first time. They are stellar, I think I am a big fan..

I hit them paired with the callaway x forged CB which I am also a fan of..

They gave me a great launch, spin, and flight. Brought my spin and launch down a smidge and had really great feel. Need to figure out how to get these..

@radiman and I have discussed these a few times. I will say he needs to go try them..

This combo has my full attention. Just discovered this is a stock option the CB's. Mighty tempting 👀 :oops:

Any slower swingers try the 70g version?
Lately have been battling some left wrist tendonitis and not sure if its from golf or not. So thinking about going to graphite in my irons.

Happy to see this thread bumped. I'd like to get MMTs in some Apex Pro 21s but I don't want to go sub-100 in weight, so that leaves the 105 TX. My sources tell me they play pretty stiff to flex so going TX may be more than this out of shape dad bod can handle.

Should I give them a try? Or just stick to steel shafts I'm currently comfortable with? Currently playing DG 120 S400. Over the past few years I've been happy with S300 AMT, PX6.0, PXi 6.0, and KBS Tour V stiff.

Happy to see this thread bumped. I'd like to get MMTs in some Apex Pro 21s but I don't want to go sub-100 in weight, so that leaves the 105 TX. My sources tell me they play pretty stiff to flex so going TX may be more than this out of shape dad bod can handle.

Should I give them a try? Or just stick to steel shafts I'm currently comfortable with? Currently playing DG 120 S400. Over the past few years I've been happy with S300 AMT, PX6.0, PXi 6.0, and KBS Tour V stiff.

Definitely give the 105tx a try. It’s a bummer that Calllaway doesn’t have 125s or 105s as an option. That would be cool to test out the different weights and flexes.

Any slower swingers try the 70g version?
Lately have been battling some left wrist tendonitis and not sure if its from golf or not. So thinking about going to graphite in my irons.

Hello - Anyone on this subject? Also is the Taylormade offering a "made for" or the real deal?
Thank you and stay safe.

Saw in the gram somewhere that Rickie has these in his irons now..

I think the shift to graphite in a large scale fashion is starting to happen..

Hello - Anyone on this subject? Also is the Taylormade offering a "made for" or the real deal?
Thank you and stay safe.
All I’ve come up with is the parallel version (even numbered weights) is supposed to launch a little higher than the tapered version (odd numbered weights).

All I’ve come up with is the parallel version (even numbered weights) is supposed to launch a little higher than the tapered version (odd numbered weights).
And what about feel and play to flex? Thank you

And what about feel and play to flex? Thank you

Not sure. All the reviews I’ve read are for the weights over 100g and all seemed to say very stable to maybe even a little firm to flex.

I haven’t seen any reviews yet for the weights under 100g. 😞

OK no worries will try and demo these. Thank you and stay safe.

Completely late to the game in terms of graphite but for me, these are a game changer.

The MMTs are extremely stable but has a super nice kick. The 105tx seemed stiff in the initial waggle test but once you flush one, they are by far the smoothest shafts I've played. That said, I've aggressively gone after a few shots today and they held up really well.

After this morning's quick 9, I can easily say, give the 105TX a shot. You'll be surprised.

but pls dont blame me for an expensive set that doesn't work out LOL

After this morning's quick 9, I can easily say, give the 105TX a shot. You'll be surprised.

This is the best non-committal endorsement I've ever read :ROFLMAO:

These are on the list to try out when I go in to hit the Apex and Apex pros. These along with Recoils, Obans, PXIO, Elevates, and steelfibers.

Do you think someone who usually plays stiff will likely not like or get along with 105tx?

Do you think someone who usually plays stiff will likely not like or get along with 105tx?
Possibly. It still is a stiff shaft at TX. Its smooth through impact. @Jman previously mentioned how he tested 105S and it held up just fine.

Possibly. It still is a stiff shaft at TX. Its smooth through impact. @Jman previously mentioned how he tested 105S and it held up just fine.
I’m an X guy, and there’s no way I’d go TX, or X honestly, S would be the way with how stout they play.

I’m an X guy, and there’s no way I’d go TX, or X honestly, S would be the way with how stout they play.

@Jman.....any idea if the 95 MMT lines up pretty evenly to the Recoil 95 F4 (stiff)? Thoughts?

@Jman.....any idea if the 95 MMT lines up pretty evenly to the Recoil 95 F4 (stiff)? Thoughts?

MMT has a very different feel over the Recoil, in my opinion. The Recoil feels really smooth. I struggled with them since I pull fairly hard from the top. The MMT was a more natural transition from steel to graphite. It all depends on how you swing though. I have fit quite a few players into the MMT and I have yet to hear anything in regards to the MMT feeling harsh or stiff. I do, however, notice that the shaft seems to open up a little when going down in weight from what the player is used to. If someone comes in with S300, they would probably get along with the 105S over the 125S.

I would venture to guess the MMT 85 S would be more similar in feel to the Recoil 95 F4 than the MMT 95 S

MMT has a very different feel over the Recoil, in my opinion. The Recoil feels really smooth. I struggled with them since I pull fairly hard from the top. The MMT was a more natural transition from steel to graphite. It all depends on how you swing though. I have fit quite a few players into the MMT and I have yet to hear anything in regards to the MMT feeling harsh or stiff. I do, however, notice that the shaft seems to open up a little when going down in weight from what the player is used to. If someone comes in with S300, they would probably get along with the 105S over the 125S.

I would venture to guess the MMT 85 S would be more similar in feel to the Recoil 95 F4 than the MMT 95 S

if I go ahead I am now thinking of going with the MMT 80 in stiff (86 grams) sounds like will align better with my swing/history. Is that the one you are talking about when you say the 85 MMT S? Thanks.

Even though not listed as stock weight with the Apex Pros, @DNevsCG mentioned on the Callaway Showcase the other day that they could get it if Mitsubishi has it as stock. 🤞 Thanks.

Any thoughts on the lighter weight versions like the MMT 70 Reg ?
I'm currently playing the Modus 105R and thinking about making the switch to the MMT 70R. Wondered which might launch higher. I need launch.

Back