Can confirm 923 Forged are legit

I can't wait to finally get my HMP's despite my (in my opinion) overly long wait.

Had order issues with the first set Mizuno built and sent. Two clubs were a 1/2" short and several were way off on swing weight (Mizuno does need to re-evaluate their QC department). Mizuno said they would redo the set and that (hopefully) better built set is still not here at 3 weeks post email. I'm now at the 6 week mark from my purchase date. I did ask my fitter yesterday if there was any word. He wrote back that he called Mizuno and they haven't been built yet...

I will say that I'm grateful that my fitter checked swing weight, length, loft and lie despite these coming straight from Mizuno.

I can't wait to finally get my HMP's despite my (in my opinion) overly long wait.

Had order issues with the first set Mizuno built and sent. Two clubs were a 1/2" short and several were way off on swing weight (Mizuno does need to re-evaluate their QC department). Mizuno said they would redo the set and that (hopefully) better built set is still not here at 3 weeks post email. I'm now at the 6 week mark from my purchase date. I did ask my fitter yesterday if there was any word. He wrote back that he called Mizuno and they haven't been built yet...

I will say that I'm grateful that my fitter checked swing weight, length, loft and lie despite these coming straight from Mizuno.
Yikes this is not great. Hopefully you get them soon.

Hello

IMG_0291.jpeg

quoting my original post for future readers.

I'm at the 7 week mark, the wait continues...

200.gif

That doesn't look like a MP-245 head?
correct. Ended up going with 923 Forged and going to install some DART 105 shafts hopefully this weekend.

correct. Ended up going with 923 Forged and going to install some DART 105 shafts hopefully this weekend.
I can’t wait to hear about this combo. Dart 105s are on my radar. I enjoyed my time with the Dart 90s. But I think 105 might be the sweet spot.

Im hitting these in San Antonio.

I'm wondering if some of my gaps are from messed up lofts and not my messed up swing.
Sorry, I meant the delay in shipping. Because I did a thing a few weeks ago and the delay in shipping has me worried.

Sorry, I meant the delay in shipping. Because I did a thing a few weeks ago and the delay in shipping has me worried.
I was following, I just never even considered checking brand new irons prior to reading some of the posts in here.

I was following, I just never even considered checking brand new irons prior to reading some of the posts in here.
Yes, get your irons checked after purchase.

I did some bag mapping on these last night for the first time with these after building this set with DART 105 F4 shafts. I haven't really swung a club much in the past 10-14 days. So these are the very first swings I have and went with bag mapping just to get an idea of what we are working with. I see lots of potential here.

Obviously the 8 iron was showing high distances, I'll tell you, most of those were pulls so they went a bit further. I did go into practice mode after at a 150 green, and that 8 iron for me was pretty comfortable in that 148-152 range.

923mapping.png

I did some bag mapping on these last night for the first time with these after building this set with DART 105 F4 shafts. I haven't really swung a club much in the past 10-14 days. So these are the very first swings I have and went with bag mapping just to get an idea of what we are working with. I see lots of potential here.

Obviously the 8 iron was showing high distances, I'll tell you, most of those were pulls so they went a bit further. I did go into practice mode after at a 150 green, and that 8 iron for me was pretty comfortable in that 148-152 range.

View attachment 9255630
That's exactly the setup I've wanted to try in these (mine are 1" over though) since I was fit into the 105g S300.

I have the 923 Hot Metal HL’s in 8,9,P and so far I really like them. I have a mental block with irons but I hit these so well I’m dropping the 7h and ordered a 7i. I’m not a long hitter, 135yd 8i, and I could probably get more out of the regular Hot Metals but these are point and shoot for me. I hit them high, maybe too high, but the 8i stopping like a wedge is nice.

Back