I bought "that posts" HMP's We had a company holiday party yesterday at a place with a golf simulator. Took the sticks with me. My normal 7i with my mizuno 223s is 165-168 carry. After some dinner and 6-7 drinks, we decided to head over to the simulator. Wearing a button up shirt and non golf shoes, my first 7i carry'd 180. I was blown away, I was hitting the 5i over 205 carry. I had a terrible year last year with my irons (mizuno 223 pro) So I was on the look out for something more forgiving while going through some swing changes, Im a mizuno homer so when i saw these in the classified it was a natural fit. Im really looking forward to some better weather to put them in play.

I bought "that posts" HMP's We had a company holiday party yesterday at a place with a golf simulator. Took the sticks with me. My normal 7i with my mizuno 223s is 165-168 carry.
What's wrong with 165-168 yard 7-iron carry? I believe that at sea level golf courses more than half of the current Tour players play a 7-iron from 165 yards.

What's wrong with 165-168 yard 7-iron carry? I believe that at sea level golf courses more than half of the current Tour players play a 7-iron from 165 yards.
i never said there was anything wrong with it, i wanted something more forgiving, which the 923s definitely are. im about 800' above sea level

I mean, who wouldn't rather hit an 8 or 9 iron than a 7?
Right! Also… these are tour averages as of las year per trackman.

IMG_8444.jpeg

It’s a flawed argument tho bc they aren’t playing different lofts.

I mean, who wouldn't rather hit an 8 or 9 iron than a 7?
For a year I tried a set of forgiving-distance irons and the distance was phenomenal, but it was much harder to achieve consistent carry yardage.

took these to the monitor today. I do love how they hit and the flight I was getting on the monitor, I wasn’t hitting them as far today (worked out this morning) but I am a little concerned with the spin numbers. I’ve read that spin numbers increase on grass this is for the 5i.

Attachments

• IMG_2271.jpeg
    IMG_2271.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 28
took these to the monitor today. I do love how they hit and the flight I was getting on the monitor, I wasn’t hitting them as far today (worked out this morning) but I am a little concerned with the spin numbers. I’ve read that spin numbers increase on grass this is for the 5i.
Always love when things click. And don’t be concerned yet, grass could knock those down

Always love when things click. And don’t be concerned yet, grass could knock those down
My swing is probably pretty steep right now, which could cause a lot of extra spin. I’ve had a problem for years of bringing the club back inside and I’ve been over exaggerating the feeling of pushing out (which makes it just less inside according to the path listed 5* in to out playing with a closed face ) so hopefully as my swing gets a bit more repeatable things will level out

DANG IT!!!! I tried to hold off BUT went and ordered 4-5 FliHi 6-PW 923 HMPs and T24s🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
In all seriousness, are they here yet😂

DANG IT!!!! I tried to hold off BUT went and ordered 4-5 FliHi 6-PW 923 HMPs and T24s🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
In all seriousness, are they here yet😂
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

took the jpx923 hmps out for their first loop (for me) i got to say, i love these things, golf in february isnt a common thing in northern Illinois, managed to shoot a 87 which im extremely happy with. Had my best iron striking day in at least the last few years, throwing darts at from 175 (7i) in and hit one from 209 out pin high 6' from the stick (5i) my putting and chipping were another matter, gave up a lot of strokes in and around the green

took the jpx923 hmps out for their first loop (for me) i got to say, i love these things, golf in february isnt a common thing in northern Illinois, managed to shoot a 87 which im extremely happy with. Had my best iron striking day in at least the last few years, throwing darts at from 175 (7i) in and hit one from 209 out pin high 6' from the stick (5i) my putting and chipping were another matter, gave up a lot of strokes in and around the green
That's awesome! I'm so happy they are working out well for you! They really can be point-and-shoot irons.

From blue box to paint shop lol
Nevermind lol photos won’t attach

Man I'm seeing some price drops on the 923 forged...makes them very very enticing. Although those damn King Tour irons are stuck in my mind too.

Man I'm seeing some price drops on the 923 forged...makes them very very enticing. Although those damn King Tour irons are stuck in my mind too.
Funny you should say this about the 923 forged....hmmm

You won't regret it. I've got the hm, but they're awesome.

I noticed the same, seems a bit early to start clearing them out for the "925 Forged" isn't it?

Same

Back