I am looking at the JPX 923 forged. Read the write up by @Jman anyone have them in the bag? Can you offer some pros and cons?
I’ve got them in the bag and I’ve posted a lot of feedback and videos and such in this thread.

Edit sorry I do not have the forged. I have the HMP’s.

I’ve got them in the bag and I’ve posted a lot of feedback and videos and such in this thread.

Edit sorry I do not have the forest. I have the HMP’s.
I will search the thread for your posts! Thank you.

I am looking at the JPX 923 forged. Read the write up by @Jman anyone have them in the bag? Can you offer some pros and cons?
Pros: strong, fast, forgiving
Cons: not applicable

Nothing feels like a Mizuno

Had some time to kill at a PGA Superstore this afternoon after a round and lunch and tried out a few new irons since I'm in the market. T150, T200, G430, P770s, and the 923s. The T200s were nice, but when I tried the 923s... wow. Effortless power and the feel was by far the best. Now I think they've moved to the top of my list. Gonna do a full iron fitting at Club Champion soon, but even without a real shaft fitting for these per se they were really good on the Foresight in the shop. And like 10-15 yards longer (I know they're stronger lofted than my current set by a couple of degrees). Really excited to see what these do in the right shaft when I'm not already tired from 18.

Had some time to kill at a PGA Superstore this afternoon after a round and lunch and tried out a few new irons since I'm in the market. T150, T200, G430, P770s, and the 923s. The T200s were nice, but when I tried the 923s... wow. Effortless power and the feel was by far the best. Now I think they've moved to the top of my list. Gonna do a full iron fitting at Club Champion soon, but even without a real shaft fitting for these per se they were really good on the Foresight in the shop. And like 10-15 yards longer (I know they're stronger lofted than my current set by a couple of degrees). Really excited to see what these do in the right shaft when I'm not already tired from 18.
Which model of the 923s?

Which model of the 923s?

Just the hot metal. Want to try the HM Pros also. Not good enough for the tours. Irons are worst part of my game.

Welcome to Mizuno! 🔥

The HMP is back in the bag for this week and i’m very curious how I hit them with so much jumping around lately. Going to try to get some swings on the range tomorrow

on a whim i picked up some mint HM's from 2ndswing...i havent played mizuno in 20 years and my current irons are quite old themselves...these have the recoil 95 shaft...very interested in trying them out...to bad its 28 degrees here tomorrow...lol
Same shaft setup in my HMP’s. I bet you enjoy them. These irons practically hit themselves.

This is a repost however look on how much better my JPX 923 HL are for me over the same period in 2022:
Data also shows that my move to the JPX 923 HL irons was the right move.
I'll tell you when I catch them Flush, they just go for me.

1684711154062.png

1684711203219.png
Posting my Strokes gained from 5/23 to the EOY.
Think the JPX 923 HL worked out just fine.
Gained 2 strokes on my approach shots from late May to EOY.
I'll take it!!
1700672861079.png

on a whim i picked up some mint HM's from 2ndswing...i havent played mizuno in 20 years and my current irons are quite old themselves...these have the recoil 95 shaft...very interested in trying them out...to bad its 28 degrees here tomorrow...lol
I think you are going to be happy with your choice when you thaw out.

I have had my HM’s with the same shaft for a little over 2 months now, and have been getting quite comfy with them. The forgiveness everyone raves about is real.

My biggest and best surprise has been the 5 iron. It just launches. I’m seriously thinking about adding a 4 iron.

I wonder if anyone else is playing a Hm or hmp 4 iron?

Last Tuesday I had an iron fitting at a local golf store. I went in 95% sure I would be ordering Ping G430’s. (Wanting a very forgiving club as I work thru swing changes). I hit the 430’s along with Paradym, Stealth, Aerojet, JPX923HM and a Srixon club that I don’t recall the model. Only club that I didn’t get to hit was the Titleist T350 (They only had steel shafts and because of tendonitis issues I only considered graphite shafts). Quickly eliminated all except for the G430’s and JPX923HM’s. Continued hitting groups of 5 for both irons. When struck well both had similar results. But very surprised how much better the miss hits were with the Mizuno’s. I had never swung a Mizuno club and Wow! I really loved the feel and sound. Placed the order with the Recoil 95 F4’s. Then today while playing a round I got the call that they had been delivered. I put them in my bag immediately and plan on playing them tomorrow morning.

Last Tuesday I had an iron fitting at a local golf store. I went in 95% sure I would be ordering Ping G430’s. (Wanting a very forgiving club as I work thru swing changes). I hit the 430’s along with Paradym, Stealth, Aerojet, JPX923HM and a Srixon club that I don’t recall the model. Only club that I didn’t get to hit was the Titleist T350 (They only had steel shafts and because of tendonitis issues I only considered graphite shafts). Quickly eliminated all except for the G430’s and JPX923HM’s. Continued hitting groups of 5 for both irons. When struck well both had similar results. But very surprised how much better the miss hits were with the Mizuno’s. I had never swung a Mizuno club and Wow! I really loved the feel and sound. Placed the order with the Recoil 95 F4’s. Then today while playing a round I got the call that they had been delivered. I put them in my bag immediately and plan on playing them tomorrow morning.
Great choice. Out of the two, just a much better performer for me

I was paired with a guy yesterday who played JPX923 HM’s, 6 iron to LW. He was a 1.5 hc, and shot a 68. It was point and shoot all day for him.

At first I was surprised he was playing regular HM’s. Maybe that’s from spending time on forums. We expect a low hc to play “players” clubs. But why? Why not make the game as least difficult as possible. It’s fun to hit good shots. This guy played with pure joy and absolutely loved hitting those irons.

Lemme see these in action 😉

I wish I could say that today was an amazing round but it was hot garbage and had nothing to do with the irons. My swing was off and I was just off overall. Still had a great time playing and just focused on playing my new irons. Even with my swing in shambles I see promise in these clubs. Need to find my new distances since these lofts are a little stronger than what I was playing. Really liked the shafts and grips. I had ordered them with Lamkin Sonar Black grips but they came installed with Lamkin Sonar Tours. The are firmer but still very tacky and comfortable. In fact I will be switching our my other clubs with this grip.

Same shaft setup in my HMP’s. I bet you enjoy them. These irons practically hit themselves.
so before the temp drop i found a few "range" balls and just nuked 3 eight irons out back behind my work...first 2 off the toe and the 3rd right in the sweet spot...all 3 felt good and felt crushed. if all the toe hits fly like that it will be a nice addition to the bag as that is usually my miss. gonna be a long wait till april!

one other thing i was gonna ask...so this set is only 7-GW and while i will prolly dump the GW since i love my CBX2, will it be pretty easy to get a 6 iron built with all the same specs come next spring, if i would decide to go that route?

if all the toe hits fly like that it will be a nice addition to the bag as that is usually my miss.
I am also someone that misses on the toe. I’ll be honest if not for the great feedback I get from the HMP’s I’d never know that’s a miss based on ballflight I get.

I posted a video in here somewhere with a toe strike long iron into a par 3 that had no right ending up as good as it did.

Edit here it is:

I've played the JPX 923 HMP's for most of this year (bent 2 degrees weak). I've recently switched over to the JPX 923 Tours and thought I'd throw my 1/2 cent out there on these two clubs. Both clubs using the UST Recoil DART 105 F4 shafts.

HMP's - I think the HMP's feel nice, not the softest head out there, but a definitely upgrade in that category from the 921 HMP's. The HMP's are pretty hot. Even with them 2 degrees weak, I hit them a long way. Pound for pound, I'd say they are the longest irons I've hit. I also find them very forgiving. Many times I've hit a clunker shot that feels awful and I look up and it still made it to the green, or very close. I definitely get the feedback that I hit it poorly, but the performance is still there. They are impressive in that area. My downsides with these irons (and the reason I switched) are threefold. First, the distance causes me some gapping issues at the bottom of my bag. It's manageable, but not ideal. Second, spin. My home course superintendent and club management have gone toward keeping my home course firm and fast as a general rule. I'm not the highest spin player and under these conditions, I was having trouble holding the greens from time to time, this is especially true from the rough. I hit them plenty high and when I travel to other courses I don't seem to have any issues stopping them. However, at my home course it's occasionally an issue. Third is consistency. For whatever reason, when I absolutely flush them, I pick up about 4-5 yrds. I can hit 10 balls into a green and hit 1 dead solid perfect and it flies further than the other 9. That probably has more to do with me than the irons, but it is what it is.

Tour's - The Tour's feel a fair bit nicer than the HMP's. I know, shocker of the day. I get a good 1,000 - 1,500 more spin on the Tour's than the HMP's. That's 150 yrds vs 150 yrds, not 7 iron vs 7 iron as the lofts (even with the HMP's bent weak) are still stronger on the HMP's. The Tour's are more consistent on well stuck shots pretty much everywhere. I don't get that extra distance when I flush it like I get with the HMP's. The Tour's are much more consistent out the rough for me (easier to get fliers with the HMP's). The Tour's are shorter. GCQuad testing indicates about 8 yrds per club difference on average on well struck shots. Obviously the loft differences are part of that. The HMP's are definitely more forgiving. The Tours are surprisingly good in the forgiveness department, just not on the same level as the HMP's.

Anyway, that's my 1/2 cent on these two heads in my hands. I play anywhere from a 1-3 handicap, am 55 years old and have a 7 iron speed in the mid to upper 80's with a driver speed in the 105-110 range.

As always, your results may vary. :p

After 2 seasons and well over 250 rounds I'm starting the process today of putting the 923 HMP's to bed. I've loved these irons, the feel on well struck shots has been amazing, they have allowed me to get way more forgiveness than I deserve especially out on the toe (where my miss is). I've gone through spells of hitting them very very well and spells where I'm not but even when I'm not hitting them well 923 HMP has kept me in play.

This has been a great set for me and I'm sure I'm going to miss them a little, especially when I'm not swinging it well. But I'm very excited to get 243/245 combos in my hands later this month.

Goodbye JPX 923 HMP. Thanks for the good times.

Back