Mizuno M Craft 4-5-6 Putters

Weird... I putt from a lot of these same distances, clinging to par or bogey. I have not experienced the same extreme magnetism 🧐 😎. I do love the IV though.

That was awesome to watch. Gotta be some ridiculous number of total feet made.
I know I had a round at the end of last year in heavy wind where I made like a 50some footer and one almost 40, amidst the standards, but outside of some freak occurrence like that throwing it off that'd surely be a record for total feet in a round for me. I've had real low putt rounds before, but not ones where I'm dropping them from those distances all day. The whole thing was kind of crazy. And the consecutive birdie streak will stand for my entire golfing life, guaranteed.

I know I had a round at the end of last year in heavy wind where I made like a 50some footer and one almost 40, amidst the standards, but outside of some freak occurrence like that throwing it off that'd surely be a record for total feet in a round for me. I've had real low putt rounds before, but not ones where I'm dropping them from those distances all day. The whole thing was kind of crazy. And the consecutive birdie streak will stand for my entire golfing life, guaranteed.

21 putts and a lifetime string of birdies sounds like a real memorable day. Congrats man, you have been getting after it.

So how many birdies total and what was the streak?

I finally tried the IV and was ready to love it but didn't make as many as I would have liked with it. BUT I did sink quite a few with the V. Still don't love that stock grip but it wouldn't take long to get used to.

So how many birdies total and what was the streak?

I finally tried the IV and was ready to love it but didn't make as many as I would have liked with it. BUT I did sink quite a few with the V. Still don't love that stock grip but it wouldn't take long to get used to.

That stock grip is

Lol. I never even took it out on course and always forget about it until I grab one in store. If you don't love it I'm not sure why you'd try to get used to it unless you just think it would help in some way.

Have I mentioned how much I love my M Craft IV?!? I can't remember..:p. These are some of the birdies from today. That thing just doesn't quit.

I really can't imagine playing anything else at this point. I have a couple newer ones that can't seem to find the course.

Last edited:

Have I mentioned how much I love my M Craft IV?!? I can't remember..:p. These are some of the birdies from today. That thing just doesn't quit.

I really can't imagine playing anything else at this point. I have a couple newer ones that can't seem to find the course.

Did you flatten the lie angle?

OH YEAH. I play it crazy flat. The ridiculous number escapes me right now, but it's a lot.
Yeah, I could see that. Good job dialing it in. 👍

I swung in to the store today and got a chance to roll these and came away pretty impressed. I'm surprised how much I liked the VI model and the V was really nice too. Mizuno really nailed it in the feel department.

I swung in to the store today and got a chance to roll these and came away pretty impressed. I'm surprised how much I liked the VI model and the V was really nice too. Mizuno really nailed it in the feel department.
Last time I tried them, I was hoping to fall in love with the IV like OldandStiff so I could also make 34 birdies per round but came away liking the V more based on results. Need to try them again cuz I "need" a blue putter...although I may just buy a blade.

Had a great putting round with my IV yesterday. It was the first time that I was able to shoot even par on one of our Par 3 (with one par 4) executive courses. I had a couple of long birdies and one long par save. The one double breaker long birdie putt was somewhat magical for some reason. I swear the ball jumped sideways into the hole at the end. ;)

Distance control was spot on and the feel was as good as always.

This putter at this price point it worth a look!

Anyone have the finish start to peel on the V? the cavity where the aim line is, leading to the running bird?

I'll post pics later, but I find it super odd, since mine is never abused, and always covered.

Anyone have the finish start to peel on the V? the cavity where the aim line is, leading to the running bird?

I'll post pics later, but I find it super odd, since mine is never abused, and always covered.
Not on mine, what finish is yours?
I've played a lot of golf with mine and it looks just as beautiful as when it was new.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Here is the pic. The darker blue Clear coat or something is peeling off, leaving the lighter blue.
:cry:

View attachment 9023038
Oh that's not good.
You should contact them for sure, they'll probably replace it.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Well a friend, if you can call someone who gives you this kind of advice that :p, suggested I get backups of basically everything I've used for some of my better rounds recently. Irons, check. I mean, they wear. It makes sense. Putter didn't, but him saying that combined with every round my M Craft IV just setting courses on fire makes think it is indeed time to get another one and get it set up. A guy I know had his bag stolen recently and I've kind of been having nightmares about suddenly not having my one and only.

Oh, and 25 putts each of the last 4 rounds. 4 very different rounds spanning all levels of hot garbage to excellence across the different skills, except the M Craft IV just keeps on finding the cup.

Yep. Time to order..

It's been a month since I mentioned how much I love the M Craft IV. Probably overdue.

25 putts, 135' of putts made, with 11 1 putts today.

It's just So. Damn. Good.

Edit: here's some from today

Last edited:
I hit these the other day at the store just for hahas. I love my Seemore, but the blue IV had me thinking seriously about a lengthy affair. The IV was the best for me, hands down. Looks and feel were definitely making my wallet twitch. It might go to the top of the list for birthday gifts from my GF before my trip to Bandon next month.

I missed a putt I thought I should make today. And then tried it a bunch more times and kept missing. Took me like .. I don't know.. seven tries. I was not happy. I'm convinced it wasn't the winter greens and DEFINITELY wasn't me, so M Cract IV, you are OFFICIALLY ON NOTICE! :p

Found and bought on the bay last night. Isn't she pretty?
MCraft 4 .jpeg

Love the custom blackout. I'm thinking I might want to go black shaft as well but I have no idea what weight to get.

Found and bought on the bay last night. Isn't she pretty?
View attachment 9070989

Love the custom blackout. I'm thinking I might want to go black shaft as well but I have no idea what weight to get.
You might not be able to find a black putter shaft until your experience with current shaft issues out there….

Someone may know offhand the shaft weight but I know the specs of the head are posted and the grip should be as well. A quick measure of total weight and some math gets you home.

You might not be able to find a black putter shaft until your experience with current shaft issues out there….

Someone may know offhand the shaft weight but I know the specs of the head are posted and the grip should be as well. A quick measure of total weight and some math gets you home.
I've found 1 or 2 KBS Tour black putter shaft also on the bay. Those are the same shafts so at least I'd match. I'll dig more into the weighting and such later since I haven't quite decided if I want to reshaft it yet.

I've found 1 or 2 KBS Tour black putter shaft also on the bay. Those are the same shafts so at least I'd match. I'll dig more into the weighting and such later since I haven't quite decided if I want to reshaft it yet.
I guess I need to start looking for on ebay, I reshafted a putter recently and couldn't find a decent one for sale.

I guess I need to start looking for on ebay, I reshafted a putter recently and couldn't find a decent one for sale.
I think I have a couple black CT Tours here somewhere. If you can't find one to buy shoot me a message.

Back