Mizuno Pro Irons: 221, 223, 225

I vote "no." ;)

Thinking about the shipping container reasononing behind a lot price conversations lately is all. If that is, in fact, part of what's driving up costs on some of these things, wouldn't where things are made and shipped possibly start playing a role in regional pricing at some point? Who has the deets on mizuno made and assembled? It's too late to want to research. Heads made there, shipped here, assembled here, distributed here, and distributed back there? Theirs assembled there?

I'm just thinking about current trends in other industries and potential futures. At some point, if your products are made and assembled and distrubuted at different places across the globe and you're not charging to some degree based on origins, path, and destination, you're either spreading total cost among all customers and potentially charging the guy down the block for all of it, or having to do regional adjustments. Different industries and companies within are all approaching it differently right now. Has me curious with some golf things trending up. I would assume level pricing here, but the world changes by the day.

Last edited:
Thinking about the shipping container reasononing behind a lot price conversations lately is all. If that is, in fact, part of what's driving up costs on some of these things, wouldn't where things are made and shipped possibly start playing a role in regional pricing at some point? Who has the deets on mizuno made and assembled? It's too late to want to research. Heads made there, shipped here, assembled here, distributed here, and distributed back there? Theirs assembled there?

I'm just thinking about current trends in other industries and potential futures. At some point, if your products are made and assembled and distrubuted at different places across the globe and you're not charging to some degree based on origins, path, and destination, you're either spreading total cost among all customers and potentially charging the guy down the block for all of it, or having to do regional adjustments. Different industries and companies within are all approaching it differently right now. Has me curious with some golf things trending up. I would assume level pricing here, but the world changes by the day.
I would assume level pricing here, too.

Mizuno heads are made in Japan.
They are assembled in Braselton, GA.

A THPer will be at that facility in a couple of months for the Project X Experience.

A THPer will be at that facility in a couple of months for the Project X Experience.
#THPexperiences

Freaking awesome.

I keep hoping for the day you email me and say I won something like this hahaha

Keep entering brother! Keep the faith!

If you enter them, its bound to happen eventually. Hundreds and Hundreds of THPers have participated in THP Events over the years I believe. Follow along some live update threads, sometimes bonus entries appear there too.

Yeah.

Who am I kidding, my order will be 223’s. :love:

Yeah.

Who am I kidding, my order will be 223’s. :love:
With the improvements Vosh has talked about, and the more compact scoring irons, the comparison to your current T100S will be REALLY interesting.

With the improvements Vosh has talked about, and the more compact scoring irons, the comparison to your current T100S will be REALLY interesting.
Would be killer fun…but if we can split the set…

No. No.

Maybe.

Probably.

No.

Would be killer fun…but if we can split the set…

No. No.

Maybe.

Probably.

No.

225 in the 3 or 4i is a good start, or even the Driving iron.

Fly hi driving iron 4-pw 225s. At least that’s today’s thought.

I’m thinking 223 with 225 long irons.

I saw on one of the Japanese sites that the 225 9 and PW are solid body. Taking what Desmond said previously about his HMBs that he isn’t getting expected distance with his 9 and pw what if anything can inferred?

Alter the loft on the 9 and pw? Go straight to the 221 or 223? I’m wondering, if the 9 and pw are in fact solid body design if it makes and sense to look at the other models?

yes, as a matter of fact i am over thinking, I’m in engineering, it’s what we do.

1632762497849.png

Why can’t these come out sooner?

Found this photo on the interwebs.

223, 225 and T100.

Hmmmm…..225 look tasty from this angle.

3A623A6D-BC12-4DA6-A799-3B33025A7D94.jpeg

I’m still super excited to get some of these in hand when the time comes.

Back