Mizuno Pro Irons: 221, 223, 225

I don’t have any business hitting the pros with any regularity, the man do those look pretty

I'm okay with the script, just don't like how bold it looks with the dark fill. I think a more subtle look, like the running bird logo and the 22x model would make the script easier on the eye.

I don’t have any business hitting the pros with any regularity, the man do those look pretty

same here, but those are sweet looking!!!

I've clicked in here to look like five or six times wanting to feel something different but I just don't like the cursive script. But the irons look so good themselves!

223 looks and sounds interesting, and curious to see what the size of the 225 is. Going to be hard to get me into the 221 with everything else there is and will be, but 223's might be fun after what I thought was a fairly disappointing 921T and a smoking hot 921F. I don't mind the script.

Some of you all need to go back and look at some classic Mizzy irons, the font is old school awesome! :love:

Some of you all need to go back and look at some classic Mizzy irons, the font is old school awesome! :love:

Generally considered one of the best mizuno iron ever

31E79111-A4B0-4146-970D-A5F01667B030.jpeg

Will the scripting stay on the version brought to US retail? On the Japanese website they have similar 719 vs the US JPX 919 Forged minus the same “pro” script.
1626213787509.jpeg

The return of Mizuno Pro brand is giving me tingles. So classic - I remember them well. This post from Mizuno Europe is awesome too. I’ve got a very similar Mizuno Pro persimmon driver in the garage that I actually played in high school matches.

679632B7-445B-4483-8AE6-DE2A924CB3C8.pngCB248DEF-E8B5-4E82-AD7B-74D3EEAD278F.png

The idea of chromoly moving into a slightly smaller package is pretty exciting. The 223’s look like a lot of fun. So do the 225!

The 225 looks scary small. :oops:

Speaking of cursive Mizuno badge, a set of these is in my kitchen right now.

739E8052-5DE9-4F31-9D68-98BD78356801.jpeg

The 225 looks scary small. :oops:
These pictures are so hard to read without scale, but I'd hazard a guess that based on the distance between the hosel and the edge of the face texturing/painting, the 225 is longer in blade length than the 221s and 223s when you look at that one measure, though knowing Mizuno, these will probably blend quite favourably across the 3 models.

1626220742993.jpeg
Fli-Hi looks really clean too. Looks like 3-5 so far on the USGA database. Really like the Mizuno Pro towards the hosel than the toe look.

I could do without the script font as well.

Looks might be a half step back from the last line, but that's not a bad thing. Those last mizunos are as good as I have ever seen lookswise.

Mercy me, look at that thing :love:
I know the looks on them are spectacular. If they moved the script towards the heel on the rest they would hit it out of the park.

This one looks kind of like Mizuno and the Ping i210 had a baby.

46ADA083-556C-438B-9558-EEB95EA1D661.png

I like the look of the lineup except for that horrible font.

For Mizzy.......less is always more. A small "M" badge......or a small "MP" badge is great. I dont hate it enough i wouldnt buy them.....lol. However i already own and am playing the current model. so maybe im a bit biased on the sleek no frills sexiness.

THey look good. I think I see a Ping influence on one or two of those.

That cursive font is awful and needs to go. Surprised that got through Mizuno's usually tight filter.

That cursive font is awful and needs to go. Surprised that got through Mizuno's usually tight filter.
I mean, it’s something they’ve been using through most of their history….:LOL:

I mean, it’s something they’ve been using through most of their history….:LOL:
Before my time I guess. I associate the more recent blocky font with Mizuno, but a simple MP would look better than either IMO.
Screenshot_20210713-201746_Google.jpg

I like the Muscle shape on my MP-20 then the new one. That could change when I see them in person but the 20's look so good it will be very hard to beat.

The cursive is what they use in Japan. Doubt if it will make it to USA version.

Back