Mizuno ST-G Titanium Fairway Woods

Why do I like 5w’s?

Things like this. This was a pin at 241 into a par 5, into wind, and I hit the ST-G 5W here

IMG_6672.jpeg

Why do I like 5w’s?

Things like this. This was a pin at 241 into a par 5, into wind, and I hit the ST-G 5W here

View attachment 9258415
That's some really nice drop and stop there. I should probably look into a 5w to compliment the STG 3w. There is still an empty spot in the bag as I'm sitting at 13.

That's some really nice drop and stop there. I should probably look into a 5w to compliment the STG 3w. There is still an empty spot in the bag as I'm sitting at 13.
I’m really pleased. It hits piss missiles, but I was still able to really elevate this one hitting into a green.

I’m really pleased. It hits piss missiles, but I was still able to really elevate this one hitting into a green.
Yep the 3w is a rocket launcher. I'd love to see a little higher ballflight of a 5W in certain situations.

Why do I like 5w’s?

View attachment 9258415
I'm a dope, for a second I thought you backed up a 5W...

Nice shot sir and I'm glad you finally got your hands on one. Interested to see if it kicks anything out like you had mentioned.

I'm a dope, for a second I thought you backed up a 5W...

Nice shot sir and I'm glad you finally got your hands on one. Interested to see if it kicks anything out like you had mentioned.
Hahaha, this isn’t the exact angle, it was more a sideways and forward release. But, I’ve done that before with other 5w’s, ball go high haha

In my mind, these play so much like the Sim fairways, which are pretty universally acclaimed as some of the best fairway woods ever released. I don’t know how Mizuno did it, but the 3 wood, turned down to 14* generates ball speeds that would almost rival a mini driver, but yet it obviously is much easier to hit off of the turf. This is an incredibly well designed head and has to be near the head of the class of all of the offerings out there, at least for my swing.

This 5W is bonkers. Absolutely bonkers.

In my mind, these play so much like the Sim fairways, which are pretty universally acclaimed as some of the best fairway woods ever released. I don’t know how Mizuno did it, but the 3 wood, turned down to 14* generates ball speeds that would almost rival a mini driver, but yet it obviously is much easier to hit off of the turf. This is an incredibly well designed head and has to be near the head of the class of all of the offerings out there, at least for my swing.
Played yesterday with some of the craziest wind here in Illinois. We were seeing consistent 20+ mph winds with it even worse higher. If your driver went up with a bit of a fade on it, that ball made a right turn. One of the guys I played with used a driver on a par 3 it was so bad.

To your point I did just this. I turned it down a degree and just rocketed that ball. Put my driver back into the bag (need to reshaft as mine has too high of a launch with too light of a weight, even with 3 absolute bombs) and played this off the tee into the wind. And I was hitting about 230-250 off the turf.

This club is permanently in my bag. For a long, long time. A buddy I was playing with went to hit it and just…wanted to trade me his driver for It. It’s that good.

Played yesterday with some of the craziest wind here in Illinois. We were seeing consistent 20+ mph winds with it even worse higher. If your driver went up with a bit of a fade on it, that ball made a right turn. One of the guys I played with used a driver on a par 3 it was so bad.

To your point I did just this. I turned it down a degree and just rocketed that ball. Put my driver back into the bag (need to reshaft as mine has too high of a launch with too light of a weight, even with 3 absolute bombs) and played this off the tee into the wind. And I was hitting about 230-250 off the turf.

This club is permanently in my bag. For a long, long time. A buddy I was playing with went to hit it and just…wanted to trade me his driver for It. It’s that good.
I played like dog do do today. The Mizuno ST G 3 wood is the only club that I hit well and both times, it was dead straight and long.

Downhill a bit. But I played 36 yesterday and I was gassed the second 18 with the driver after the first round. As you can see, tight fairway and I just wanted to make good contact with better control.

Arccos said that it was 277 when you take out the hole being lower than the box. But man, nailed it.

Next hole I did another 300 yard hit with a decline and a run. Then the other guys I was hitting with wanted to hit this club the next 4 holes as well. That’s how good this club is.

Attachments

• IMG_1795.jpeg
    IMG_1795.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 2
Hitting these today...might be an order placed by tonight :D

Hitting these today...might be an order placed by tonight :D
We tested, and it beat out my mini driver. HOLY FAST. Absolute seeds coming off of it.

Has been ordered!

Back