Mizuno ST-G Titanium Fairway Woods

That should be easier to launch.
It is the same shaft that I have been playing in my Callaway Rogue ST LS 3 wood and it works great for me in that head. I have never had a 3 wood that was too low spin for me, but that’s what I was seeing with this head. The Graphite Design HD is a mid spin shaft, but it is a bit more stout than the Kai’li Blue. I think this will be awesome for me.

If I didn't love my pradaym 3D I would probably own one of these.

It is the same shaft that I have been playing in my Callaway Rogue ST LS 3 wood and it works great for me in that head. I have never had a 3 wood that was too low spin for me, but that’s what I was seeing with this head. The Graphite Design HD is a mid spin shaft, but it is a bit more stout than the Kai’li Blue. I think this will be awesome for me.
It is very low spin. I had more trouble launching it over a stealth plus.

That's a good looking combo
If it doesn’t work, I put the stock shaft back in it, take it back while I am in my 90 day playability and try the Brnr Mini Driver. The Callaway 3w is really solid for me. I am just trying to squeeze a little more yardage off the tee.

If I didn't love my pradaym 3D I would probably own one of these.
I really thought hard about the Paradym 3D when I picked up this 3 wood. I hit the 5 wood very well.

I really thought hard about the Paradym 3D when I picked up this 3 wood. I hit the 5 wood very well.
They are super close in performance which is really saying something. I have just gotten really comfortable with this 3 wood and it will really take something to knock it out.

If it doesn’t work, I put the stock shaft back in it, take it back while I am in my 90 day playability and try the Brnr Mini Driver. The Callaway 3w is really solid for me. I am just trying to squeeze a little more yardage off the tee.
It was too much club for me.

That Hzrdus Green is such a tough shaft to load. So, did you move on from the club?
Yes. Have a stealth plus and 17 Uw

Yes. Have a stealth plus and 17 Uw
I don’t think there is much difference between the Stealth Plus and this club. The weighting, use of titanium, etc. is quite similar. I just really like the looks of this head.

I’ve played enough now since the Victory Cup to know that it’s not a honeymoon period thing this STG 3W is for real.

I can’t believe how much I throughly enjoy hitting this club. Last year 3W was the club I’d do everything I could NOT to hit. Now I’m pulling this 3W out off the tee. I’m going for it on Par 5’s.

Im sold this club is going to be tough to get out of the bag.

Got on TrackMan this evening with the ST-G 3 wood with the new shaft. It was a totally different club for me tonight. I was seeing Smash Factors of 1.49, fantastic efficiency for me with a 3 wood. Balls speeds were at the upper end of the range that I would expect. Spin was up where I want it. I am glad that I stuck with it and tried another shaft.

Got on TrackMan this evening with the ST-G 3 wood with the new shaft. It was a totally different club for me tonight. I was seeing Smash Factors of 1.49, fantastic efficiency for me with a 3 wood. Balls speeds were at the upper end of the range that I would expect. Spin was up where I want it. I am glad that I stuck with it and tried another shaft.
It’s a rocket launcher

20231203_000349.jpg

Keyword head weight. Stock 3W on the Green 6.5.

Still liking this one when I take it out other than the sound. Performs really well and looks great over the ball. Not sure it's enough to make me switch, but it's good.

View attachment 9225983

Keyword head weight. Stock 3W on the Green 6.5.
I have a Rogue ST LS 3W set up with the exact same Graphite Design shaft that I just put in this ST-G 3W, including length, and I could tell this head was heavier, just by holding the two clubs in my hand.

Still liking this one when I take it out other than the sound. Performs really well and looks great over the ball. Not sure it's enough to make me switch, but it's good.
What don't you like about the sound?

What don't you like about the sound?
It's just a little unique. I play it enough and it would probably turn addictive, but it's a little more bat-like than some.

It's just a little unique. I play it enough and it would probably turn addictive, but it's a little more bat-like than some.
That’s a good way of putting it. That might be one of the reasons I’m enjoying it bc it reminds me of cranking it over the wall in left center as a kid playing select baseball.

And yeah, it’s addicting.

That’s a good way of putting it. That might be one of the reasons I’m enjoying it bc it reminds me of cranking it over the wall in left center as a kid playing select baseball.

And yeah, it’s addicting.
I agree. I love the clicking sound it makes along with how it feels off the sweet spot similar to a baseball bat. It's definitely unique though so I can see how it stands out amongst others.

Back