Mizuno ST-G Titanium Fairway Woods

I have a Rogue ST LS 3W set up with the exact same Graphite Design shaft that I just put in this ST-G 3W, including length, and I could tell this head was heavier, just by holding the two clubs in my hand.
A lot longer than your UW 17?

A lot longer than your UW 17?
I won’t know for sure until I can get out on the course for a few rounds and get a sample. Based on what I see on TrackMan, I think it will be about 10 to 15 yards longer off the tee. I think it also has the potential to be about that much longer from the fairway as well. However, the UW is much more versatile and a bit easier to flush from slightly poor lies. So, I probably would hit the 17* UW on second shots on par 5s when I don’t think I could reach it with the 3w or when the lie is not ideal.

This is exactly what I have hoped for and these two clubs have the potential to really compliment each other, giving me options to attack par 5s and some versatility off the tee when driver is not the proper choice.

I got out for 9 holes the past two days. I'm still having a hard time believing how much confidence I now have in a 3w. I look for opportunities to hit this STG 3w now and am excited when I have those opportunities. I'm going for the green with it, I'm using it off the tee on a few holes with tight landing areas at my club, it's just a joy to swing and make contact with. I never thought I'd enjoy any fairway wood as much as I'm enjoying this one.

Thinking about a softer shaft for this.

Have you gotten it on the course yet since the reshaft?
No, we are in the grip of winter now. I have had it on TrackMan multiple times, though.

I hit the 3 wood again this evening in a sim round and purposefully hit it several times when I normally would hit driver off the tee and when I might hit my UW from the mat. It performed exceptionally well. I saw some ball speeds off the tee that were getting up towards driver ball speeds. It is super easy to hit off the mat. I am becoming extremely confident with it and it seems to be exactly what I need in a 3 wood.

Last edited:
I hit the 3 wood again this evening in a sim round and purposefully hit it several times when I normally would hit driver off the tee and when I might hit my UW from the mat. It performed exceptionally well. I saw some ball speeds off the tee that were getting up towards driver ball speeds. It is super easy to hit off the mat. I am becoming super confident with it And it seems to be exactly what I need in a 3 wood.
Love everything about this and as I've mentioned several times it's becoming one of my 'go to' clubs as well. I'm so happy you are getting along great with yours after the shaft change.

@MSEASU let me try his 5 wood today on the range. I have never tried a Mizuno wood before. First rip with this club was a smoked baby draw. The sound and feel were really nice. I only took a few swings and all were good. I should have tried this on course but just didn’t get around to it. Maybe next Friday I can make that happen.

More work in with the 3 wood over the weekend on TrackMan. Things don’t always translate to the course like they seem to be on TrackMan, but I believe that this will. The club sets up perfectly to the ball for my eye. It feels great to me, although outside it may be a little louder than some other 3 woods, but it is not bothersome to me. The numbers, though, are incredible and it now feels like a club that I am going to have a ton of confidence in when I need to hit a fairway. This may ultimately be the best 3 wood that I have played since the TM Sim titanium that I never should have parted with.

Not a lot has changed here with the ST-G 3 wood. I may love it even more after working on my swing but still, same story. The sound and feel of this club is what I love the most. When you hit the center of the club and make a good swing, you know it immediately. I don’t see myself replacing this club for a very long time.

View attachment IMG_6088.mov

I honestly don’t feel like I can hit a bad shot with this 3w. Maybe not exactly where I want it every time but never a truly awful shot. It’s so rare to have that kind of confidence in a club. Much less a fairway wood for me.

There are two holes back to back at my club that are always 3w off the tee holes for me.

The first is an uphill shot to a blind fairway that slopes left to right and feeds directly to the forest. The ONLY play is hitting a draw. Thats not my standard shot shape. I used to aim very far left and just pray it didn’t run too far down the slope. Now I have all the confidence in the world to step up and hit a draw with a friggin 3 wood?!?! 🤯 Past 4 times I’ve played I’ve done exactly that to spectacular results.

The next hole is an elevated tee box to a very tight landing area with OB both sides where the fairway runs out at 230 ish. I hit this 3w around 220 fairly consistently. I’ve been waking up and just easily plopping one down near dead center of the landing spot the past 4 times I’ve played.

Both of these holes used to be score card destroying holes for me because I would routinely pump my old 3w out of bounds or top on 50y in front of me.

It’s literally game changing to have a club I’ve got this much confidence in.

Here are the two shots I described above:

I honestly don’t feel like I can hit a bad shot with this 3w. Maybe not exactly where I want it every time but never a truly awful shot. It’s so rare to have that kind of confidence in a club. Much less a fairway wood for me.

There are two holes back to back at my club that are always 3w off the tee holes for me.

The first is an uphill shot to a blind fairway that slopes left to right and feeds directly to the forest. The ONLY play is hitting a draw. Thats not my standard shot shape. I used to aim very far left and just pray it didn’t run too far down the slope. Now I have all the confidence in the world to step up and hit a draw with a friggin 3 wood?!?! 🤯 Past 4 times I’ve played I’ve done exactly that to spectacular results.

The next hole is an elevated tee box to a very tight landing area with OB both sides where the fairway runs out at 230 ish. I hit this 3w around 220 fairly consistently. I’ve been waking up and just easily plopping one down near dead center of the landing spot the past 4 times I’ve played.

Both of these holes used to be score card destroying holes for me because I would routinely pump my old 3w out of bounds or top on 50y in front of me.

It’s literally game changing to have a club I’ve got this much confidence in.
we got to link up, I'm intrigued

This 5w is a beast, no need for a 3w.
I’d like to hit the 5W it might finally be the thing that can kick the 19° Honma hybrid out of the bag.

I’d like to hit the 5W it might finally be the thing that can kick the 19° Honma hybrid out of the bag.
I actually would love to hit the 5W, with the same shaft that I have in the 3W. However, I had an extra shaft to throw in the 3W. To purchase the 5W and the upgraded shaft would be a price tag that I could not justify.

Our weather turned balmy and a couple of courses opened. I got out for a round today. This 3w may well be my favorite club in the bag. I hit it off the turf twice on par 5s and once off the tee on a short par 4. All three shots were great. It isn’t that often that you find a club that seems to fit your swing perfectly. This one does for me, for sure.

Our weather turned balmy and a couple of courses opened. I got out for a round today. This 3w may well be my favorite club in the bag. I hit it off the turf twice on par 5s and once off the tee on a short par 4. All three shots were great. It isn’t that often that you find a club that seems to fit your swing perfectly. This one does for me, for sure.
It’s great to hear that it transitioned well from the SIM to the course. I really feel like this FW is a big sleeper hit of 2023 releases.

I think I need to try the 5 wood soon.

Back