Mizuno ST-Max and Breaking Down the ST Drivers

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Back in January of last year, Mizuno introduced the ST-X 230 and ST-Z 230 Drivers. If you missed our coverage of that release, you can find it here. Fast forward to September, the uber customizable ST-G 230 hit hte market. You can read all about that release on THP here.

Some might have thought that the ST-230 line up of drivers was complete. Mizuno still had a little more Speed Technology (ST) to go and this four year journey that began with ST-190 in 2019 has been quite a follow.

Some might say the release was a bit quiet. Others are saying, its exactly what Mizuno needed to complete the ST-230 lineup. The ST-Max is here and rather than breakdown all of the tech, we decided to visit Mizuno HQ and have Chris Voshall go over the entire lineup.

Mizuno ST-Max and Breaking Down the ST Drivers

Which one do you think would fit you best? For more information on any of the drivers discussed in the video, check out their website at www.mizunogolf.com.

Continue reading...

I think I’d like the ST-Max from what I see on the website. Getting ready to dial up the video!

I think the max would fit me. I was listening because Vosh is awesome and getting more excited as the video went on. He really was saving the best for last, I hope they can make some waves with that more forgiving driver.

Cool review by Chris. Great lineup and great looking. The Max sounds interesting. As for the best for me? I’ll defer that to a fitting at some point.

Chris got really excited about the Max and so did I. Something that is neutral in many ways and very forgiving. That sounds perfect for me. The shallower face is something I’d be interested in looking at as well. You can tell they definitely put a lot of effort in this one to make it better for a larger group of people than just the highcapper. He indicated we should see this on the tour as well. Very interesting!

The Max’s this year have been getting a lot of buzz. Mizuno a little under the radar vs others curious to find out more on them.

I would probably be most interested in the ST-X head since it’s the easiest to turn over.

Probably the X or Max for me. Really good to see them round out the lineup

• Admin
IMG_2611.jpegIMG_2612.jpegIMG_2613.jpeg

I really like the look of that @JB!

Can you compare the face to another in the ST line up. I’m curious just how much shallower it is than others.
IMG_2614.jpeg

The new Max seems perfect! Really don't get along with the draw bias max drivers. Neutral face sounds very promising.

The new Max seems perfect! Really don't get along with the draw bias max drivers. Neutral face sounds very promising.

I agree! Very very promising!

On a launch monitor the G would win out but I would game the STZ. The added forgiveness is just hard to pass up

Could listen to Vosh talk about clubs, club tech, and club design all day.

Had the old G which i really loved but was too low spinning for me. Tried the 220Z it was great. Was fit into the 230Z last year and had a great year of the tee. I’m not a “player” but I guess with my swing I’m doing something right! Matthew is my swing being a bit slow.

I will try the Max at some point. But i want to try the Newton shaft once I’m cleared to play. I wonder how that combo would work for me.

those are just such good looking drivers. Might have to give that Max a look at some point

Fun video and some nice info. Thanks!

Aleays happy to hear Vosh explain things. But what an interesting new model! And the expectation that it'll get a lot of tour play is great.

A max design that's not closed, I'm sure that would suit me.

those are just such good looking drivers. Might have to give that Max a look at some point

I agree with that. They do look really good!

Aleays happy to hear Vosh explain things. But what an interesting new model! And the expectation that it'll get a lot of tour play is great.

A max design that's not closed, I'm sure that would suit me.

I agree. I think it is a great take to have max design that isn't closed TBH.

Still playing the ST200G, so I would probably grab the G first, but I would give the Max a try for sure. Plus it looks cool 😎

First off...Vosh is so damn good a these. I love how he breaks them down and even stays the the Z and X are still more of a better player club. Max is definitely a club they've been missing. I'm sure I'm missing one, but I go back to the JPX EZ as maybe their last big forgiving head, so very cool to see that in the line. Sounds like they've streamlined the looks in it as well as to kind of mask that it's a max driver.

Awesome video and love the explanation. Really clear.

Max would likely be for me but would love to compare the different models.

Back