Mizuno ST-Max and Breaking Down the ST Drivers

ST-Z is my jam, but the new Max stuff is really good. Drivers obviously, but the Max hybrids will surprise some people. I'd put one of those in the bag.

Could listen to Vosh talk about clubs, club tech, and club design all day.
We have a lot coming from him including a fantastic video about why this is not 10K, which really dives into the technology of drivers and MOI as a number. Evendiscusses another topic that we touched on weeks but, I believe most do not think Chris is reckless. :)

I have a 45 min Mizuno Fitting scheduled this Wednesday.
Looking to forward to the ST-MAX line at that fitting.

We have a lot coming from him including a fantastic video about why this is not 10K, which really dives into the technology of drivers and MOI as a number. Evendiscusses another topic that we touched on weeks but, I believe most do not think Chris is reckless. :)

You know that he knows what he is talking about because he can explain it in such a way that it makes sense for everybody, while explaining the technology. They are pretty lucky to have him there!

Have 2 of the 4 in my bag currently and have no plans to replace either of them......yet. I'll definitely hit the MAX when I find it in the wild as it could potentially replace the Z that's at the very top.

Love listening to Vosh talk- as he makes it simple for dopes like myself to understand. Looking forward to the rest of the content from the trip!

I'm interested to hear where THPers think they fit into this lineup.

Blew my mind when he said he thinks the max is going to see Tour play.

I'm interested to hear where THPers think they fit into this lineup.

Blew my mind when he said he thinks the max is going to see Tour play.

my guess after the little testing I have done is that I would settle on the X. I would love for it to be the G though.

@JB if Mizzy didn’t think the X and Z would fit a larger demo, why do believe they waited to release a max head?

And I say this asking because their metalwood line has had some good momentum.

@JB if Mizzy didn’t think the X and Z would fit a larger demo, why do believe they waited to release a max head?

Thinking along the same lines.

I wonder if they were still perfecting the head.

I wonder if they were still perfecting the head.
Definitely could be and glad they didn’t rush something that may or may not have been ready.

Definitely could be and glad they didn’t rush something that may or may not have been ready.
there are plenty of releases that just fall flat. If they had a head that was 'close' but not getting it done, I feel like that could have been pretty damaging for a company who has done nicely in proving their relevancy in metal woods.

Eager to see how this head works out for people. No doubt the market is flooded with great options.

there are plenty of releases that just fall flat. If they had a head that was 'close' but not getting it done, I feel like that could have been pretty damaging for a company who has done nicely in proving their relevancy in metal woods.

Eager to see how this head works out for people. No doubt the market is flooded with great options.
there sure are...we've seen plenty.
Your train of thought is right along with mine. They have built some good momentum with their metal woods line.

Great vid. Really need to try that new max

I asked them this after we stopped recording.
My thought was as a company its Mizuno Pro and then everything comes from that.

The answer I got was a bit different. They didn't chase a magical number, instead worked away from it and it took more time. Our follow up video we will have soon, really has some interesting perspective.

I am super eager to hit the G haha
we know you are just hitting that 4 iron off the tee anyway.
The G looks killer, but I am no means the target demo for that.

No sir. Not this year.

Bored of the UT arc. Need something fresh.
Tom Cruise Smile GIF

I asked them this after we stopped recording.
My thought was as a company its Mizuno Pro and then everything comes from that.

The answer I got was a bit different. They didn't chase a magical number, instead worked away from it and it took more time. Our follow up video we will have soon, really has some interesting perspective.
I like the sounds of that.

Going to catch this video tonight.....always been a fan of Mizuno drivers and the new MAX looks great.

Back