Mizuno ST-X and ST-Z Driver Review

Interesting, I’ve. It gotten any of that out on the course.
maybe like a twack - ting - has a crunch / twack at impact then almost a ting when ball leaves face.

Glad im not crazy hearing a ting

hit the X yesterday - 0 slices lots of straight and draw shots... Head is super forgiving. completely awstruck that ball is playable no matter where hit on the face.
That does sound awesome. I was in golf and ski the other day as they had the Mizuno drivers just to check them out and they looked great. Did not hit one as I only had a couple of minutes before round started.

That does sound awesome. I was in golf and ski the other day as they had the Mizuno drivers just to check them out and they looked great. Did not hit one as I only had a couple of minutes before round started.
yeah X is very forgiving and bit deeper face - reduced spin for me which helped tremendously. Z is a lower profile bomber. pretty intriguing shapes and technology. Vosh was excellent at introducing us to the shapes.

Can’t wait to get out there this weekend to try out the new ST-Z. I hit about 20 balls Wednesday evening and the initial thoughts were very good. Really digging the look of this LINQ shaft with the awesome looking head.
E1E8C744-6F98-43C2-ABD8-83A81B4EF72F.jpegEE232CDB-EF67-4947-9706-2AB0C5384603.jpegAA5B0499-A4DC-4351-B1CC-81FD8AE4A280.jpeg

Daaang.. I need a LinQ
Let’s get a round set up and you can give it a few swings. I’m busy this weekend and next but should be free most of the next few weekends.

maybe like a twack - ting - has a crunch / twack at impact then almost a ting when ball leaves face.

Glad im not crazy hearing a ting

😆

Played nine holes after work today, my 3rd outing with the ST-X and I'm getting really comfy with it. Had a few very nice efforts, and kept it in play on the more challenging driving holes. I too adore the sound, feel is fantastic out of center. If I were voting on sounds descriptions, it gives a mellow ting off-center and flat crunches when nutted.

Pretty playable all around so far. I like it.

That looks incredible with the sun glistening off the shaft. How’d the first 20 fly?
Overall I would say pretty good. A little low but not too bad and I should be able to get that fixed. The biggest thing I liked was I was hitting them all pretty close to the center.

ST-x definitely has a titanium ting to it. Took me a few swings to get used to it, but I finally started hitting some baby draws that seemed to have decent distance.

Tested sound at the range this morning, video wouldn’t come through clear with wind but like @Gman79 said definitely a twack with a subtle ting leaving the face so something to love for everybody.

Got my driver fitting on Wednesday, super excited! I am going to try a range of drivers, I had not really considered Mizuno but after reading this whole thread and watching quite a few review videos I am going to try the STX.
It sounds like the perfect mix of draw biased and low spin which seems to be producing bombs for some of you.
I have some questions, did any of you use the shaft optimiser in your driver fitting? I will regardless due to the success I had with it in my iron fitting.
Also, did you try other drivers before picking the Mizuno?
I plan on trying several to make sure I get the right fit but the STX really has me thinking given all the positive feedback.
Plus my strong performance with other Mizuno clubs this year definitely helps.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Got my driver fitting on Wednesday, super excited! I am going to try a range of drivers, I had not really considered Mizuno but after reading this whole thread and watching quite a few review videos I am going to try the STX.
It sounds like the perfect mix of draw biased and low spin which seems to be producing bombs for some of you.
I have some questions, did any of you use the shaft optimiser in your driver fitting? I will regardless due to the success I had with it in my iron fitting.
I plan on trying several to make sure I get the right fit but the STX really has me thinking given all the positive feedback.

Can’t wait to hear how this goes for you, will be interesting to see how your numbers work out.

The Optimizer is always a great way to start, and it does recommend driver/fairway shafts as well. Worked well for me across the board with just a couple minor tweaks.

Fitter called me about Wednesdays appointment to check what I am interested in testing. He says Mizuno drivers will have a 3 month lead time!
I thought nobody bought these things!
Still going to test and let's see how it turns out.

As I’ve been working on my swing with my instructor more, my driver miss is now a low hook (previously a high slice). I wonder how much of it is from the ST-X, but now I can’t seem to hit the ball right! Feels weird being on the left side of the course.

Lots of fun with the ST-X today. This thing is addictive.

Lots of fun with the ST-X today. This thing is addictive.
I took my lunch break at the range today! IMG_20210513_145735_427.jpg

Not the longest range. But I was flying over the last target in the MIDDLE of the range! Great draw ball ight with the setup in the ST-X... Best its felt since day 1... Might be onto something.

Back