My only hesitation at the moment, besides really enjoying the zipcore, is that is appears the finish goes really quick on the sole. Maybe that happens in all wedges but the soles on my copper forged tecs are holding up pretty well, at least stonger than some of the photos I've seen here.

My only hesitation at the moment, besides really enjoying the zipcore, is that is appears the finish goes really quick on the sole. Maybe that happens in all wedges but the soles on my copper forged tecs are holding up pretty well, at least stonger than some of the photos I've seen here.

My soles went out on Miura, Vokey, Mizuno, Ping Stealth, etc. Use those wedges in any bunker, and they go - these went quicker on the sole but that just means they go raw eventually where they are hit over the years. Raw is great, too. And these have 3% Boron in them, which in my experience in the T20's, allowed the grooves to last longer than other wedges.

My soles went out on Miura, Vokey, Mizuno, Ping Stealth, etc. Use those wedges in any bunker, and they go - these went quicker on the sole but that just means they go raw eventually where they are hit over the years. Raw is great, too. And these have 3% Boron in them, which in my experience in the T20's, allowed the grooves to last longer than other wedges.
Or…. You could just stay out of bunkers. Lol

:ROFLMAO: Most of it is practicing out of bunkers.;) I might be there 3X on the course, sometimes less, sometimes more. It is less now after too much during the summer.

I had to learn to relax the arms and use the bounce.

I helped convince the GM of the local muni to take out half their bunkers. They struggled to keep them in good shape due to the drainage issues on course. So instead of fighting a losing battle when they punched the greens this year they piled them into the bunkers and raked them out. Add a little overseed to the plugs that already had the green grass in them and we should have decent grass bunkers come spring (y)

Place my order for these about 3 weeks ago. Hoping to get them soon. All raw. I play DG TI s400's 1/2" over on my wedges, so pretty happy they're stock.
60.06 X grind
56.10 D grind. I usually tweak my 56 Vokey to 55 but wanted wanted to keep the bounce.
48.08 S grind 2° weak playing at 50°. I like a little more bounce on my gap.

Long time Vokey player and wedge game is a strength. So I don't mess with what works with wedges often. Should be a fun test.

I need one of these like a hole in the head. But, their website just on this wedge is fabulous. So much info. What a first class brand. Hope they have a huge year.
:ROFLMAO: Most of it is practicing out of bunkers.;) I might be there 3X on the course, sometimes less, sometimes more. It is less now after too much during the summer.

I had to learn to relax the arms and use the bounce.
There is that word again. Relax.....

I need one of these like a hole in the head. But, their website just on this wedge is fabulous. So much info. What a first class brand. Hope they have a huge year.

There is that word again. Relax.....

That's the only way I can pound the bounce into the bunker - feel like the club head passes the hands which end up by my left pants pocket at the end of the swing

Out of the bunker, I've got to return all loft at impact, hands even with club head at impact or it's Shanksville.

For those that need to know. The Copper denim wears a lot faster than the Copper on the Forged Tec

For those that need to know. The Copper denim wears a lot faster than the Copper on the Forged Tec
Totally agree. It was a couple of swings and this is pretty raw. Still looks good, but people should definitely know that its a raw wedge haha.

The copper is a super thin layer on the T22s. But its like having two wedges in one.. So, game on.. lol..

Yes, it does. Not as much on the face for me, but the sole, especially in the bunker has a nice raw finish.

As to damp conditions and soil, I went out on Sunday as to the feel of sticking, and to compare against the Artisans. The area drained too quickly and it was just barely damp. So I played around with bare lies....:oops:

Alright, like I said I don't want anyone to think I don't like these wedges, so I'm going to talk up my baby the 58C that @KY Golfer just ordered and a few others have.

I dig this club. I've never really felt the need to go to X grind if there's a good C, and I think this is a real good C. I've posted a ton of shots with it, from full to 10', but I had one today that I've kind of been dreading.

Tiny backstory. It's a par 5 that will a real good drive and a pounded UW or a REAL good drive and a pounded long iron I can get to in 2. If you miss long and a little left, which is common enough anyway, but seems to happen more when there's bunkers guarding the front right, you end up on or in between these 2 big mounds. There's basically a hole that everything wants to filter to and there's a drain there too. And then you're past the pin from a low spot hitting to an elevated hole that runs hard away from you. It sucks. Well, it's delicate. Happened a little while back when I definitely went long on approach, was on the downslope and had to get it up and barely on, and judge the shot and spin to end near the hole. As follows...

Lovely. Thank you T22. I like that it's small, opens up well, straighter leading edge that's a little blunt, etc etc.

So the pin was moved back left about a week ago nearer that collection hole and I ended up in it again. In the low this time. Need to get it up and clear the fringe because even dormant, our fringe is sticky. Mutumbo would love it. It says no a lot. But I need enough spin to stop it fast. Gets just past the hole and it's going to the far fringe. I will admit that's happened to me more than once in the past. As follows..

I could have kissed the wedge on that one. And the LS. That was great. I'm not a flop shot guy really. Especially from muck. I'll open it up, but I prefer smaller swings, lower flights, and more control whenever possible. I prefer that if it's possible and this worked out real well.

So today I ended up in that damn hole again, but back on the downslope. Realized real quick I'd never been in that position with the pin back there closer to me and the statistically best option was the nuclear option. Had to open it up, put it back, and throw it into the fringe to slow it down, and with enough spin that on the second hop (hopefully) it wouldn't take off. This is the shot I hate even watching on tv. Because there are 4 non horrible options. You do it pretty well (thank you Jesus), you run it past (whatever, that spot's tough), it hits the fringe and goes nowhere leaving you with a real slick and sh*tty chip/putt (where's the anxiety meds?), or you short your landing and come back down for take 2 (f*ck me). I feel pretty good with just about any shot with these wedges though. Even ones that are kind of last on my list. And as follows...

That's still an annoying nerve-y little puttt, but up and down. Again. That's 3 for 3 with that club from not high percentage spots. It's a good club though. I think I've said since I first got mine that I feel like they're precision instruments. They can do some little, and delicate things really well. And I think having faith in what's in your hands goes a long way too. Anyway, they can just keep on getting me out of that damn spot as much as they like. :D

Edit: camera angles and especially upright orientation distort and flatten but might be able to tell in the last one that what the slopes are a bit

Last edited:
Today is supposed to be the day my Mizuno Copper goodness arrives. To say I'm excited in a massive understatement :clapp::clapp::clapp:

Today is supposed to be the day my Mizuno Copper goodness arrives. To say I'm excited in a massive understatement :clapp::clapp::clapp:
How lo did it take to get them? Did you do a custom order or stock!
Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.
I bought them from a buddy who runs a store here locally. He told me late last week they were coming and I went ahead and "pre-placed" my order if you will. I'm not sure how long it takes directly from Mizuno. Sorry!

I bought them from a buddy who runs a store here locally. He told me late last week they were coming and I went ahead and "pre-placed" my order if you will. I'm not sure how long it takes directly from Mizuno. Sorry!
No worries. Thanks for the response. Give us an upon how you like them once you get out with them.
im playing the waiting game right now.

Thanks in advance.

I ordered mine for Discount Dan's December 18th and they shipped today, arriving on Monday. They quoted 3-4 weeks to ship, so pretty dead on. Stock shaft, but custom lengths/lofts/lies and grips.

These things are flat gorgeous. They had a mistake on the order tho and my 58 is a D Grind instead of a C grind. They were gonna replace it but I said not to worry about it because they didn’t have any coppers and who knows when it would arrive. I’m not good enough to worry about it anyway and it could work out better. 🤷‍♂️

Now if the weather would only cooperate so I can get out and try them.

442B8D5E-E13E-4B9B-9C63-5B875795FF32.jpeg

I think these are coming out of the bag for a little bit. They are a lot more work to hit correctly than my Snakebite so I will put the T22 on a little break. Back to an all Cobra bag

These things are flat gorgeous. They had a mistake on the order tho and my 58 is a D Grind instead of a C grind. They were gonna replace it but I said not to worry about it because they didn’t have any coppers and who knows when it would arrive. I’m not good enough to worry about it anyway and it could work out better. 🤷‍♂️

Now if the weather would only cooperate so I can get out and try them.

View attachment 9059553
Look great man! Sucks about the mixup but theD grind is good too. Wishing good weather and tasty wedge shots in your near future man!!

I played the T22 today. Tough approach conditions today with swirling winds but went 5 for 5 on par saves with them greenside including this chip in birdie on 7 (16). :D

Took the 54/08D and 58/08C with me because I couldn't see it from the parking area. Went with the 54.

I think these are coming out of the bag for a little bit. They are a lot more work to hit correctly than my Snakebite so I will put the T22 on a little break. Back to an all Cobra bag
I currently have the MIM's so we shall see. I don't see a whole lot of difference looking down at them other than the copper obviously. T22 may feel a little heavier which I don't hate.

Last edited:
20220113_212818.jpg

Casualty of what looked to be a nice lie near a hazard, but had secret evil rocks underneath..

😭

That's an ouchie!

Back