It gets better with age too! I’ll try to take more photos today. I’ve got about 30ish rounds on mine I think.

Have a 54/08 D grind that I really like.. Have a 58/10 V grind that I don't care for and will be trading soon.

IMG_4297.jpeg

I'm so ready for spring to get here so that I can hit these off of a little grass instead of flattened out dormant bermuda on top of hard pan. They have performed pretty well considering the conditions but I'm ready to hit them off of actual turf. I will say the one area that I've not seen as much success with compared to the Snakebites I had before is the performance out of the bunker. I've hit a few good ones but also several bad ones. I had a lot of confidence with the 58* SB but that's come down a little with the 58* T24. It could be that the grind out of the bunkers just doesn't work for me as well or it could also be that it's winter time and I'm just a sh** golfer right now haha.

Since it's mucky season here in Ohio I've transitioned over to using my 54* more for little greenside bump and run situations instead of the 58* V grind. It's a bit of an adjustment and I've had some chips go longer than expected. My wedge game isn't as sharp as it was at the end of 2023. A few months off for winter will do that but I expect to start dialing these wedges back in after a few more times out.

The feel of these wedges are still something else. Hope the weather stays good to get out with them and other Mizuno goodness!

Hmmm… something is not right here. The 58 degree is on the far right. If anything it is the longest..

IMG_4299.jpeg

Well I guess I am wrong. Their website shows all these clubs with the same stock length.

That is kinda strange to me.. I am going to adjust the lengths though. Will extend the 50 just under half an inch. The 54 a quarter inch and leave the 58 as is.

On second thought after measuring. I am going to extend the 50 1/4 inch and leave the other 2 alone. I am ok with the 54 and 58 being the same length. The 50 feels just a smidge short..

I wonder why they got rid of my 62 degree wedge that I have in my T-22's? Just didn't sell enough of them?

As I become more hopelessly addicted to golf, the things I want out of a wedge have evolved. I used to just be a full swing or pitch/touch shot guy with them, but I’ve learned that creates a lot of issues for most folks.

So, I’ve worked to learn to flight the ball, and it’s a must for me in my non set wedges.

After a reshaft to Dart 105 F5’s, I think I confirmed the T24 58V can be that club for me.

Same club, different flighting decision.

IMG_6256.png

After a reshaft to Dart 105 F5’s, I think I confirmed the T24 58V can be that club for me.
Are those the same shafts you use in your irons?

I made the move to matching wedge and iron shafts last year and it helped me so much with confidence and consistency in my wedge game.

Are those the same shafts you use in your irons?

I made the move to matching wedge and iron shafts last year and it helped me so much with confidence and consistency in my wedge game.
They are, installed yesterday so it’s a new trial. I’ve done it before and my issue was always the peaks getting too peak-y, but yesterday’s session gives me a lot of hope.

They are, installed yesterday so it’s a new trial. I’ve done it before and my issue was always the peaks getting too peak-y, but yesterday’s session gives me a lot of hope.
Yeah, makes sense. Now that you are focused on flighting the ball I bet you start really enjoying it. Good luck!

I think they make all of them the same length. Does look like a slight manufacturing issue tho.
Yeah, I honestly didn't realize their length progression till I looked at their website. It is a little odd. But whatever. I extended it and we are golden.

T24 wedges did really well for the first round at the home course. It’s a little higher elevation at my club than most of the courses I’ve been playing so far this year so it’s generally a little firmer which helps with the bounces I have on my wedges.

Was able to get out Sunday and I love these wedges. They are super soft off the face and had plenty of performance. I am not a player that has a lot of spin, but these had plenty. 60 was really versatile around the green to hit lots of shots. Felt like distance control was good with them as well. Really consistent performing wedge.

I had a few near chip-ins today with T24 58°

Picking up right where I left off with it last year. I love this wedge.

Well when you finish getting fitted for new clubs, you go trade in all the old ones so you can...upgrade your wedges.

Very excited to get these out on the course. Really wanted to play tomorrow but we are going to get about 24 hours of rain here. But next week it's go time!

Attachments

• IMG_1129.jpg
    IMG_1129.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 6
Since it's mucky season here in Ohio I've transitioned over to using my 54* more for little greenside bump and run situations instead of the 58* V grind.
What is the bounce you use for the 54*? I know you said you turned a 56 to a 54.

I'm curious anyone's thoughts on the V and X grind if you have the time. Do you think the 56.08v is enough bounce to "show off" the v groove the way it apparently does for the 58*? From what I gather what many including pros like about the V groove is how it has high bounce yet a lot of relief. Is 8 degrees bounce enough to really give the best of both worlds it is trying to accomplish?

I am finally upgrading my bag, really the first time ever and have very old wedges(TM 52.10/Adams 56.09/TM 60.07). I hit my 60 pretty well on full shots and around the green but it digs too much on partial shots. The 56 is a cavity back wedge from a set. I like it out of the bunker but it also has a massive sole being a cavity back wedge.

If I go 52.10s/56.08v/60.06x would I not have enough loft for bunkers or for wet conditions? Is going up to a 12* in bounce in one of the clubs going to drastically help in wet conditions over a 10* or is 10* enough? I know these are subjective decisions but still curious. I'm hoping that the 56.08v/60.06x can give me everything I liked about my 60 while still allowing me my old bunker play and the ability to handle wet conditions.

Last edited:
What is the bounce you use for the 54*? I know you said you turned a 56 to a 54.

I'm curious anyone's thoughts on the V and X grind if you have the time. Do you think the 56.08v is enough bounce to "show off" the v groove the way it apparently does for the 58*? From what I gather what many including pros like about the V groove is how it has high bounce yet a lot of relief. Is 8 degrees bounce enough to really give the best of both worlds it is trying to accomplish?

I am finally upgrading my bag, really the first time ever and have very old wedges(TM 52.10/Adams 56.09/TM 60.07). I hit my 60 pretty well on full shots and around the green but it digs too much on partial shots. The 56 is a cavity back wedge from a set. I like it out of the bunker but it also has a massive sole being a cavity back wedge.

If I go 52.10s/56.08v/60.06x would I not have enough loft for bunkers or for wet conditions? Is going up to a 12* in bounce in one of the clubs going to drastically help in wet conditions over a 10* or is 10* enough? I know these are subjective decisions but still curious. I'm hoping that the 56.08v/60.06x can give me everything I liked about my 60 while still allowing me my old bunker play and the ability to handle wet conditions.
Hello, welcome to THP!

The bounce I use in my 54º is C grind. I wasn't brave enough to go with a V grind in 54º because I often use it for full 90-100y shots and like more forgiveness on those kind of shots. I will say I ADORE the V grind in my 58º I feel like I can do a lot with it. It took a few rounds to knock the rust off from the off-season but now there isn't a shot with my 58º that I don't feel comfortable with.
High flop? ✅
Low nipper? ✅
Higher ballflight drop and stop? ✅
Greenside chip? ✅

If you've got the game for it I could imagine the 54º being just as versatile and easy to play with ballflight.

Borrowed some blue the other day!

Been a bit since I've used the Mizuno wedges. Still like 'em. Compact, great spin, cool shape. Still think the S400 is a little crazy, but had a bunch of good shots ^ and really enjoyed them.

I have been able to get more use out of the wedges I have. I really like the compact profile and the feel is second to none. So soft. I have the copper (which I love) but I think I should have gone satin. The 60 is pretty dang versatile around the green for any shot needed.

I have the copper (which I love) but I think I should have gone satin.
Due to the wear pattern that develops or you just like looking down at satin more? I've got one of each and I think I might prefer looking down on the Satin more but I really like the looks of the copper. Not sure if that makes sense lol

Back