i don't game these (yet), but i held them in the store last weekend and i thought they looked incredible. i'm due for a refresh later this year, so i think it will be s23 in a 50*, then 56 and 60 in the t24. the shape is just so perfect for my eye.
Interesting. What are your thoughts behind going s23 in the 50 spot?

Interesting. What are your thoughts behind going s23 in the 50 spot?
just for some more forgiveness. i'm using the 49* we received at the 2022 victory cup and i like it a lot, but it's a blade iron i use 99% for full swings, and i don't have any business using a blade iron for full swings.

For those using these, what do you think about the size heel to toe?
I’ve bounced back a couple times between the Snakebites and these. While these are a little smaller it hasn’t been something that has bothered me or that I’ve thought about past the initial notice. I don’t think anyone needs to be worried about it if that’s something they think will be an issue.

i don't game these (yet), but i held them in the store last weekend and i thought they looked incredible. i'm due for a refresh later this year, so i think it will be s23 in a 50*, then 56 and 60 in the t24. the shape is just so perfect for my eye.
This is nearly exactly what my intention is. I already have an S23 52* bent to 51. I think I prefer more of a blade style wedge at the very bottom of the bag. Still considering though. Are the T24 heads smaller in size compared to an SM9-10???

This is nearly exactly what my intention is. I already have an S23 52* bent to 51. I think I prefer more of a blade style wedge at the very bottom of the bag. Still considering though. Are the T24 heads smaller in size compared to an SM9-10???
i agree, i do want the blade style traditional wedge in 56 and 60. i don't have a ton of experience with the vokeys, but going off memory i'd say the t22/24 are a little more compact. someone else may have better feedback for you.

For those using these, what do you think about the size heel to toe?
Nothing off-putting to me. I can't say they appear any longer or larger than any other wedge I've used. I've really enjoyed the 54D. I can't say the same about the 58V but its all simulator. Need to get it outside before I can really judge the sole and such.

I know I keep coming in here gushing about these wedges but I feel like I have to do it. My wedge play has never ever been as good as it is now. I think a lot of it comes down to feel for me. The feel off the T24's is so good that it gives me the feedback I need to understand how hard I need to hit it and also immediately know if I hit it how I wanted to.

I used to be a putt if I was able to on everything I could around the green. Now I'm seeing much better results chipping with the 58º V-grind. Since reporting season is over here every time I'm presented with an opportunity just off the green where I would have putt it a few months ago I'll throw down an extra ball and do both. There have only been a handful of occasions where the putt ends up closer and a couple of occasions where I've holed out the chip or scared the hole pretty good.

The V grind just sets up and works so well for me. It's the best. I've found my forever wedges. I feel like I should order a few extra as spares. LOL.

Do you think it's the Mizzy material that feels good or possibly better contact with the grinds you are now playing, or combination of both?

Do you think it's the Mizzy material that feels good or possibly better contact with the grinds you are now playing, or combination of both?
Good question. I think it's a bit of both, to be honest. The grinds I'm playing now are a pretty good fit for me but I think something that is so overlooked with Mizuno wedges is the feel. They are well known for how great their irons feel and it's weird to me that people don't associate that with their wedges as well. Once someone gives them a shot in a hitting bay I think they quickly recognize the 'mizuno feel'.

I believe they are a little smaller than the Vokey’s. I have the SM8 but will try to get a picture next to those to show a comparison.
Nothing off-putting to me. I can't say they appear any longer or larger than any other wedge I've used. I've really enjoyed the 54D. I can't say the same about the 58V but it’s all simulator. Need to get it outside before I can really judge the sole and such.
I’ve really liked the 58V grind so far. I’ve had very good success with it chipping from around the greens. I’ve chipped in 3-4 times within the last month. It’s been easy to open up to hit a flop if needed. The only area I’ve struggled with so far has been out of green side bunkers but the sample size is pretty small and probably more just a me thing and catching them too fat.

1000053787.jpg

Gotta admit, these look pretty great.

Here’s my copper 54* and 58* with about 15 rounds. The bottom of the 58* has been removed from the sand but the 54 still loos pretty good.
IMG_2438.jpeg
IMG_2437.jpeg

Little trade in session today combined with getting to see more lofts in hand at the PGA Show means….

54S and 58V are in the house.

58v is such a great grind. Extremely versatile.

IMG_6045.jpegIMG_6046.jpegIMG_6047.jpegIMG_6048.jpegIMG_6049.jpegIMG_6050.jpegIMG_6051.jpegIMG_6052.jpegIMG_6053.jpegIMG_6054.jpegIMG_6055.jpegIMG_6056.jpegIMG_6057.jpegIMG_6058.jpeg

Stamping happening this week on these two 😍

Wedges ordered..

Thats it?!? I think some elaboration is in order
He ordered T24 wedge, to go in the bag, to play in his 5-10 rounds of golf per year. 😜

54/58 are in the bag, and headed to the course today. I’m rusty as hell, so I’m scared, but I saw some really good stuff on monitor yesterday.

These are so much fun in the right grinds for me.

And surprisingly hot.

Hit some 54s today with the Chrome Tour ball on less than optimal greens that were spinning back. Had some issues getting good contact with the 58. Will fix that soon or dump it for a high bounce something.

Mother nature has been fairly kind to us here in Ohio this winter, and as such I was able to sneak out to a very mushy range yesterday- but hey it's February and I wasn't in 12 inches of snow.

Spent quite a bit of time with these yesterday around the chipping area and outside of the rust in my short game, picked up again where I had left off with them in '23. I'm a huge fan of the looks at address, and even more so when I'm actually able to use them as intended. Again the range was mush, but hey we're chipping in February in Ohio. More to come as mother nature allows...

Back