Status
Not open for further replies.

Damaikis

Fairway Finder
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.2
Cleveland Indians. That is all.
This is the MLB Thread, not the joke thread.

Don't worry, I feel your pain. Lol. My team is almost as bad.

ATLGolfer

#ATLClive75
Reaction score
Handicap
Yesssss!

Think Bourne stays with us?

If Bourn comes back to Atlanta, he will be extremely disappointed. Not because he doesn't like the Braves -- I really think he does. But, it will mean that he did not get paid anywhere close to what he wanted to receive this offseason.

It's been interesting to watch Bourn this offseason. Since his biggest asset (speed) is usually the first thing to go with age,o it looks like teams are just not interested in paying him a ton of money for the next several years.

Jank

FIGJAM
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
FIRs
I'll be absent until the MLB 2020 thread when Houston has 8 number one overall picks on the team at the same time. Then they may be out of the MLB cellar.

TexasHacker34

SVP - Jordan Speith Fan Club
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Trending ^
I'll be absent until the MLB 2020 thread when Houston has 8 number one overall picks on the team at the same time. Then they may be out of the MLB cellar.
I almost feel sorry for the Astros. They aren't going to be good anytime soon. They do have some great young talent though

TapaTalk from the iPhone

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap
This is the MLB Thread, not the joke thread.

Don't worry, I feel your pain. Lol. My team is almost as bad.
They give me hope, til about the beginning of June

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
Still some big name free agents left. Most notably Kyle Lohse. Rangers seem like a fit

War, I see Bourne back in Atlanta

TapaTalk from the iPhone
Which will suprise me, as he didnt get the big Boras money he wanted.

If Bourn comes back to Atlanta, he will be extremely disappointed. Not because he doesn't like the Braves -- I really think he does. But, it will mean that he did not get paid anywhere close to what he wanted to receive this offseason.

It's been interesting to watch Bourn this offseason. Since his biggest asset (speed) is usually the first thing to go with age,o it looks like teams are just not interested in paying him a ton of money for the next several years.
At the end of the season, all the talk was how much money Boras was going to get Bourn in free-agency. Has a team even been in talks with him for big money? Not that i have heard of. Good for Wren for exploring the market and getting Upton, because if Bourn comes back, his humble pie will be served in left field.

TexasHacker34

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Trending ^
Which will suprise me, as he didnt get the big Boras money he wanted.

At the end of the season, all the talk was how much money Boras was going to get Bourn in free-agency. Has a team even been in talks with him for big money? Not that i have heard of. Good for Wren for exploring the market and getting Upton, because if Bourn comes back, his humble pie will be served in left field.
Boras makes a lot of guys a lot of money, but sometimes the market just isn't there. Look at a guy like Edwin Jackson. Pitches on a World Series cardinals team then only manages a 1 year deal in Washington. Throws pretty well and gets a massive contract with the Cubs.

The market has to be there, but Boras gets all he can and more for his players

TapaTalk from the iPhone

JaxGolfer1

Weekend Warrior
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm hoping the Dodgers can get all their "All-Stars" on the same page and have a complete year.

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap
Wow, this is just sad

Nick Swisher’s four-year, $56-million contract – a fifth-year vesting option is worth another $14 million – is the largest free-agent deal in franchise history

Hard to believe he has the biggest free agent contract in Indians history lol

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Remember when they would match the 5 year 55 mil to Albert Belle?

TexasHacker34

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Trending ^
Wow, this is just sad

Nick Swisher’s four-year, $56-million contract – a fifth-year vesting option is worth another $14 million – is the largest free-agent deal in franchise history

I was trying to think back on their bigger name players in the last few years and I couldn't think of much. I think Fausto Carmona had a chance to do something like this before his name/age controversy. The only person I thought might have been close was Travis Hafner, but he has had some injury problems

DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
Wow, this is just sad

Whats even more sad is the fact that Swisher disappears in October and the Indians gave him that money knowing they won't be playing in October....

TexasHacker34

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Trending ^
Whats even more sad is the fact that Swisher disappears in October and the Indians gave him that money knowing they won't be playing in October....
He does tend to do that a bit, but I love him and the way he plays the game. I would have loved to see him in Cardinal red, but they don't need any outfielders.

DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
He does tend to do that a bit, but I love him and the way he plays the game. I would have loved to see him in Cardinal red, but they don't need any outfielders.
He is a good clubhouse guy but he obviously cant play under pressure. He flat out disappears in the playoffs. He was worse than A-Rod by far. At least in 2009 A-Rod carried the Yankees to the WS. Here are Swishers BA in his career in the postseason is .169. Thats pathetic.

TexasHacker34

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Trending ^
He is a good clubhouse guy but he obviously cant play under pressure. He flat out disappears in the playoffs. He was worse than A-Rod by far. At least in 2009 A-Rod carried the Yankees to the WS. Here are Swishers BA in his career in the postseason is .169. Thats pathetic.
Ya thats true. During the regular season the dude can swing it, and like I said more than anything I just like how he carries himself on the field. He plays very hard

ddec

Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
I got tired of Swisher. I think his act got old. I really liked him when he became a Yankee

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap
I was trying to think back on their bigger name players in the last few years and I couldn't think of much. I think Fausto Carmona had a chance to do something like this before his name/age controversy. The only person I thought might have been close was Travis Hafner, but he has had some injury problems
The gave Hafner an extension after 2 good years then he immediately became a injury machine.

Sizemore in his good years was a top CF in all of the game, its a shame what happened to him, he was really something special to watch, Ive hoped every year he can bounce back, but dude is just too hurt. I remember him almost going to the Yanks a few times.

DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
Ya thats true. During the regular season the dude can swing it, and like I said more than anything I just like how he carries himself on the field. He plays very hard
His defense isnt so hot either. He would be an awesome late season acquisition type of player for a young team that needs some veteran leadership or an old stuff team like the Yankees were that needed an influx of youth into the team like he did for the Yankees in 2009. As a every day player he kinda loses his luster especially in the post season.

dcbrad

locked and reloaded
Reaction score
Handicap
Geography
We'll talk in a year or two when Bauer is mowing down fools in the AL Central. Child Please! Haha

ddec

Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
The gave Hafner an extension after 2 good years then he immediately became a injury machine.

Sizemore in his good years was a top CF in all of the game, its a shame what happened to him, he was really something special to watch, Ive hoped every year he can bounce back, but dude is just too hurt. I remember him almost going to the Yanks a few times.
Grady looked like a guy who was ready to become one of the elites in the game. Injuries have certainly robbed him of what could have been an excellent career. Ever think Montreal/Washington wishes they didn't pull that trade off for Colon? They gave up Sizemore, Cliff Lee, and Brandon Phillips(Lee Stevens too).

ddec

Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
He was good in a guest appearance on How I Met Your Mother as well.
almost broke up the perfect week. But I think that aired in October so he failed

TexasHacker34

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Trending ^
Grady looked like a guy who was ready to become one of the elites in the game. Injuries have certainly robbed him of what could have been an excellent career. Ever think Montreal/Washington wishes they didn't pull that trade off for Colon? They gave up Sizemore, Cliff Lee, and Brandon Phillips(Lee Stevens too).
No kidding. Its funny to look back at what could have been/what was in trades.

When I think of present day Cardinals I remember being ecstatic when we got Mark Mulder from the A's for some no name guy. Mulder became an injury machine and the no name guy became one Danny Haren.

I also remember when we dumped Jim Edmonds at the end of his career for some no name guy. Edmonds never did anything else and that no name guy became one David Freese.

Baseball is really such a craps shoot in drafting as well as trading prospects.

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap
No kidding, so many solid players ended up coming out of Montreal, so easy to forget nowadays

ddec

Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
No kidding, so many solid players ended up coming out of Montreal, so easy to forget nowadays
'94, best record in baseball when the strike hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in