Status
Not open for further replies.
Morris, Bagwell, Raines, Clemens, Schilling, and Bonds all saw their vote total shrink from 2013

16 people did not vote for Maddux

Unreal. Simply unreal.

I agree with Mike - I can't WAIT to hear from the rest of these bozos as to why they left Maddux off their ballot!

Regardless of totals...Maddux, Glavine, and Bobby Cox are going into the HoF together. Very fitting.

How the hell does Biggio not get in? Ridiculous.

Im with you on that! How did he not get in?! Those writers dont know what they are doing!

Unreal. Simply unreal.

I agree with Mike - I can't WAIT to hear from the rest of these bozos as to why they left Maddux off their ballot!

Heard something on the radio today that some of these guys won't vote for anyone that played during the "steroid era".

I think it could be borderline next year on whether Smoltz gets in first ballot, but to think that one team had three HOFers pitchers in their PRIMES at one time really is remarkable, even having watched it live.

Biggio needed 2 more votes

Heard something on the radio today that some of these guys won't vote for anyone that played during the "steroid era".

Rumors are coming out that there were blank ballots submitted as a form of protest.

As a lifelong Braves fan living only 2 hours away from Cooperstown, I cannot wait for July to go see Maddux, Glavine, and Cox. Smoltz and Chipper are next!

As a lifelong Braves fan living only 2 hours away from Cooperstown, I cannot wait for July to go see Maddux, Glavine, and Cox. Smoltz and Chipper are next!

As a huge Braves fan myself, THAT would be awesome! I am jealous of you for that, for sure. Chipper does a LOT of hunting in this area, he's here a lot! I have not seen him around town personally, but others have. It would be very awesome to see him sometime and shake his hand. My boss lets him and his buddies hunt on his land, so I keep bugging him to get me an autograph or something....hasn't happened yet.

The fact that this dude got a vote just kills me. The system is broken.

jacque-jones-2005-studio-plus_zpse13f91ed.jpg

Interesting thoughts from Frank Thomas:

@PickinSplinters: Frank Thomas: Steroid users 'should not get in' Hall http://t.co/kEF4wqWlAy via @usatoday

Pretty happy for Frank Thomas. One of my favorites. Glad to see him get the nod.

I really wonder what they would have found if they tested back in the day they way they do now? There are stories of Bowls of "greenies" (amphetamines) in the dug outs among other drugs.

For Mr 441:

For Mr 441:

Stay away from Cleveland, I think its the thin Venezulaian air

I don't think its right to refuse to vote for any players from the era. If I had a vote I think I'd take the position that I wouldn't vote for anyone where I had reasonable knowledge that they juiced, whether they officially admitted it or were convicted (read: no go, Clemens). But I'd have to consider voting for people such as Piazza and Bagwell, where there is merely legit circumstantial info to raise eyebrows. And if someone got in that later turned out to be a juicer, so be it - you can only do the best you can do with the information you have.

Different topic...W/out looking at the numbers, Smoltz doesn't pass the sniff test for me and the HOF. Really good player. Super solid career. But just not good enough to be among the all time elites. Kind of like Petitte, at least to me.

he rocked a HR derby once too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back